Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I believe we all know what the true song choice should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I love how distraught Jotaro looked once the captain put the cigarette out with his hat.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

So we can all agree that the OP for Battle Tendency is pretty great, right? But have you seen it IN 60FPS!?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Has there been any word on how many episodes this season's gonna be? I dunno if they're going to be able to finish up Stardust Crusaders in a satisfying manner in only 24 episodes.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Spacedad posted:

The Jojo series is quite a bit more fun if you consider the idea that what you're seeing is kind of like a battle of the bands, and Stands are kind of like both the instruments and personified talent of the rock stars.
*SPOILERS*Heh*SPOILERS*

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 22, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Oh poo poo, status update on a possible part 4 adaption. It'll be green lit based of the support of Stardust Crusaders, and the decisions of the people involve. (This means yes, right?)

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Matt Mercer is pretty much the poor man's Troy Baker, so take that how you will.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Wark Say posted:

Wait, which one played Yuri Lowell in the English dub? I thought Kosuke Toriumi was going to be hard to top, but whoever played him in the US version of Vesperia was loving great.
That was Troy Baker, but they can be pretty indistinguishable. Mercer actually voiced Kanji in the second half of the P4 anime.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Oh, I agree he's fantastic, I was just using Troy Baker as a way to gauge how he'd be as Jotaro, since people are more familiar with Baker.

I guess I could have brought up some of Mercer's rolls, but the only one's off the top of my head are second-half-anime Kanji, Walter from SMTIV, and Alvin from Tales of Xillia, all of which I initially mistook for Baker. :shrug:

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jun 27, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

What are these three not great fights? I cannot remember any not great fights.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I'm a little unclear here on when the English version of the anime airs. I thought it was tomorrow, but then I saw something saying it was today. I can't find anything of Crunchyroll. Has it not been put up yet, or was it a stream that I just missed?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Jean-Pierre Jarier and Michel Polnareff.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I don't think I've ever listened to him, but according to Wikipedia, Jesus For Tonight was a chart-topper in the US.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I think everyone can view the stream, but members can check it out any time until 12 PM PST. You can get a 14 day free member trial.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I like to imagine Dio's stand just has Hermit Purple's abilities, and he just very rarely uses it. Especially since Hermit Purple doesn't have the best combat viability.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

He still kind of does. STOP IT

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Yeah, that's, uh, why I spoiler-tagged it. I assume people would have known I'm about to talk about the big bad, but if that's still a problem, then I'll just clarify in the post that it's from waaaaay later.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jul 23, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

Butt Ghost literally PMed me after I closed the thread and I lolled for a good few minutes, thanks dude.
I am happy to have contributed to the Jojo community and your sexual pleasure

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

If Joseph died, it'd still be a major blow to the Crusaders, and a big advantage for DIO. This would also make Steely Dan Dan of Steel one of the most competent adversaries yet. Of course, the only other competent villain so far is Hol Horse, so that's not really saying much. And even if Kakyoin and Polnareff were off'd, Jotaro could probably punch his way over to DIO through the sheer force of getting pissed off.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

On the subject of people not getting into part 3: Like how part 1 was the start of a series that wasn't really "perfected" until part 2, part 3 is pretty much the start of its own series. In my opinion, while part 3 is super good and super iconic, I don't think Araki perfected the whole stand thing until later. Part 3 gets really good in the second half, and the final battle is one of the best fights in the entire Jojo franchise. And you liked part 2, I'd say you should hang in there, because I think you'll love part 4.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Star Platinum is probably really good at stitching up wounds.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Even Jotaro is afraid when flying with Joseph, and I am glad.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I feel it helps that the main cast is just so solid. There's just something about these characters that I don't think the other parts (that I've read) have quite captured. The villains are really memorable too. The other parts also have a good cast and villains, but part 3 is just so memorable. I don't know what it is about it. Hell, this isn't even my favorite part.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Shugojin posted:

However you can rest assured that it is the second most perfect taint to ever be.
Then who has the most perfect taint?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Edit: Actually, this might still be too spoiler-y. Regardless, I don't want to cause another thread blow-up on the subject, so I'm moving this to the other manga thread.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Broseph Brostar posted:

Where's my fanart of Speedwagon serenely stripping?
Speedwagon is too pure for this poo poo, you sack of gently caress.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Silver Chariot is an allegory for Polnareff's desire to sword fight.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Wet Biscuit, the one who emerges from the dark...

The one who indulges in the dark...

Wet Biscuit...

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

If you think about it, DIO didn't even provoke Jotaro and friends. Holly's just too much of a loving wimp to handle her stand. DIO did nothing wrong.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Kabanaw posted:

Yeah, the only bad things DIO has ever done were:
  • slowly murder his own father
  • intentionally make his adopted brother depressed
  • kill said brother's dog
  • attempt to murder his adopted father with poison
  • actually kill said father with a knife
  • give known criminals superpowers
  • turn an entire town into the undead
  • killed a monk, but this was in battle so that's not really "bad" so to speak
  • killed a literal boatload of people
  • his brother didn't die by his hands necessarily but he still totally took his hot bod!
  • kill another smaller, but still literal, boatload of people
This was all 100 years ago, can't you people ever let stuff go!

Kabanaw posted:

• ate god knows how many people through the 80s
  • sent mind controlled people and hired assassins to kill distant relatives
  • kill his own confidant because she was captured
  • and more!
  • Those people wanted to be eaten. Did you see that girl raise her neck to DIO? And Steely Dan killed Enyaba. Plus, all the mind controlled people were:
    *Almost* Avdol - a pyromaniac
    Kakyoin - a sociopath
    Polnareff - a sexual devient

If anything, DIO was trying keep a hold on those psychopaths.

Butt Ghost
    Nov 23, 2013

Can we just not talk about talking about spoilers? That wasn't a typo, it's just that regardless on how you feel on the matter, this poo poo gets brought up every few days it seems. It gets a bit agitating. If someone posts something that's an obvious spoiler, all that needs to be said is "delete that poo poo" and everyone can then just shut the gently caress up and move on.

Butt Ghost
    Nov 23, 2013

It happened.....

Butt Ghost
    Nov 23, 2013

Don't gently caress with any Jojo, really, because they will gently caress you in the rear end and have fun doing it.

Butt Ghost
    Nov 23, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

I'm pretty sure that DIO is perfectly OK with you loving with him. :pervert:
    The Egypt arc of Stardust Crusaders is actually a Big Gay Orgy between the Crusaders and the rest of DIO's goons. Then at the final confrontation, Jotaro and DIO jack off on opposite sides of the room. Whoever can turn around and shoot the other first wins.

Butt Ghost
    Nov 23, 2013

I care

Butt Ghost
    Nov 23, 2013

The Speedwagon Foundation is capitalized miracles, even in the real world.

Butt Ghost
    Nov 23, 2013

tlarn posted:

Still one of my favorite bits from the first half.
    Still one of my favorite bits from the first part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsxXvKnuZ7s

Butt Ghost
    Nov 23, 2013

DIO did nothing wrong. It's all Holly's fault she can't handle the power. The other Joestars should be grateful he's given them stands.

Butt Ghost
    Nov 23, 2013

Fucknag posted:

Dio Brando, however, manipulated that one woman into eating her baby.
    Uh, in exchange for immortality :colbert:

Adbot
    ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
    Nov 23, 2013

Fucknag posted:

Is she still alive? :colbert:
    If she isn't, then whose fault would it be? DIO certainly didn't Hamon her.

• Locked thread