Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Mustang posted:

Do any other countries later revise their GDP date?

Figures get revised all the time. More time equals more data collected equals subsequent revisions to initial calculations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

TsarZiedonis posted:

Cool, thanks! I'm surprised someone with actual real life experience is even posting on DnD.

MIGF's Africa stuff feels pretty legit, but based on his overall gimmick I'd advise you to take everything he says with a grain of salt.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

A3th3r posted:

This WAS true for the most part.. but you must remember that the Cold War ended with the fall of the Berlin Wall in the late 1980's. I would add that generally the Chinese get to work on time everyday and it is becoming more typical for them to have condos/apartments/houses & vehicles. The middle class is expanding in China. This gives China an economic advantage especially in the last few years.

They are in a better place to fund a modern military, but right now their focus is pretty much still on asymmetrical warfare. After the first Gulf War everyone pretty much gave up on the idea of anything approaching a conventional war against the United States for the foreseeable future.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
I'm really making an effort to see $3.2 trillion in equity lost in three weeks and a market that still has an average p/e of 55 as a situation to be optimistic about, but I just can't see it. I'm willing to buy that the effects of the bubble bursting might not be that ruinous due to higher rates of saving among the Chinese, but painting a rosy picture of a 27% seems like being intentionally obtuse.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85t3aLQzTsI

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
I for one hope the Chinese have found the solution for creating infinite prosperity out of thin air.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
There have always been apocryphal stories of Eastern European mountain villages that think the USSR still exists, or the Austro-Hungarian Empire or the Habsburgs. If there isn't a concerted effort to make basic infrastructure universally available it's kind of easy to end up with a few remote pockets of almost medieval subsistence living.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Homework Explainer posted:

keeping people employed....how devious

well they could institute a robust safety net, but that kind of thing has less room for favor trading and graft compared to construction projects

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

im actually chinese american, albeit one who doesnt believe in chinese race supremacy and acknowledges the harm a lot of chinese have done to non-chinese poc

guess that makes me a race traitor to you

you've been infected with white imperialism inherent to The West.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Peven Stan posted:

I just appreciate the constant pot kettle attacks from smug white liberals in threads about China

China lusts for war, China has no friends, etc.:

huh, i wonder what's up with the strange color of the flag in the local area china can project power in...

weird

• Locked thread