Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chelovek-Govno
Aug 11, 2014

Zamorozhenaia Zhopa

SeXReX posted:

Before I left for work I decided to play some Pong Masters again for whatever reason

http://www.twitch.tv/seckswrecks/c/5125952

e. a bit of lore about the game. DK64/sonic/other things speedrunner, Ringrush, apparently made this game as part of some summer camp thing when he was 12. He found the disc with it on it a while ago and had a few laughs streaming him playing it on an alternate account. All the in game music are poorly tracked midi versions of his favorite tunes from oot/mm/sa/sa2

you know how in most ball/paddle games the ball gets angle changes based on how far from the center of your paddle it hits? yeah this doesn't have that. Pretty much whatever angle the ball goes right at the start determines everything barring using the very edge of your paddle to make the ball do dumb stuff.

pretty much there is no reason for anyone to ever play this game but I did anyway and did so in a manner faster than anyone else (heeheex2 is the only other person to complete it without cheat codes afaik) can

You write so many words about this stuff, and yet I can never quite understand what point you're trying to make, exactly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Chelovek-Govno posted:

You write so many words about this stuff, and yet I can never quite understand what point you're trying to make, exactly.

is there even a point to be made

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Chelovek-Govno posted:

Allow me to make a pong analogy. First he makes a post, then you make a post! Repeat this process until one or both people are sick of posting and throw their posting controller in anger.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Chelovek-Govno posted:

I don't really know either.

BloodWulfe posted:

Great run, amazing wr, grats mate

I was going to download it and try to beat your time but I couldn't find it anywhere, then I lost interest in the whole thing. I guess the competitive pong masters scene just wasn't meant to be.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ytcznkfype3sp8w/PONG_MASTERS.zip

there's a good reason it's impossible to find. No one should be playing this, including me. I don't even know why I talk about it, all that happens is one more person downloads it, plays for 30 seconds, realizes it's poo poo and then loses a bit more trust in the games I recommend.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
I hope it was suggested for this year's Mystery Race.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Suspicious Dish posted:

I hope it was suggested for this year's Mystery Race.

Dang I didn't think to do that. Of course last time one of my games(rom check fail) was in Mystery Tournament everyone hated it and I think they even decided to reroll the game for that round. Only one or two of the #mystery guys have a positive opinion about it, everyone else tried to play way too risky for a game that has a chance of loving you over completely every 8 seconds.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

SeXReX posted:

all that happens is one more person downloads it, plays for 30 seconds, realizes it's poo poo and then loses a bit more trust in the games I recommend.

midi song of storms was the best part

you're right though, it was a bit poo poo and I no longer trust you to recommend games

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

BloodWulfe posted:

midi song of storms was the best part

you're right though, it was a bit poo poo and I no longer trust you to recommend games

I love that the clock town midi is called clockopolis.midi

goatrope
Feb 24, 2007
i pb'd in my game \o/

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Easy or Legendary?

goatrope
Feb 24, 2007
legendary

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

SeXReX posted:

Dang I didn't think to do that. Of course last time one of my games(rom check fail) was in Mystery Tournament everyone hated it and I think they even decided to reroll the game for that round. Only one or two of the #mystery guys have a positive opinion about it, everyone else tried to play way too risky for a game that has a chance of loving you over completely every 8 seconds.

rom check fail is great, but if people were seeing it for the first time i can understand why they hated it, you have no idea how to mitigate risk in that game if you don't know whats comign

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope
so which one of you nerds is going for WR in roundabout

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Sep 19, 2014

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

medibot posted:

so which one of you nerds is going for WR in roundabout

Me.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
The words will make me out and out.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I was gonna ask if anyone wanted to Blind Race Roundabout tomorrow.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

OR RIGHT NOW (But I am kinda sleepy)

Edit: No cutscene skipping.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm out of the country until the 2nd. Can it wait?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I honestly don't think I could restrain myself until then, I'm dying to play something new and fast :(

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
I would totally blind race with you right this sec, but I really don't want to spend $12 sorry :(

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

BloodWulfe posted:

I would totally blind race with you right this sec, but I really don't want to spend $12 sorry :(

Another benefit of lovely seckswrescks games, they're usually free if they're on pc

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Cher boy glitches N Stuff showin off his mastery of Glitches and stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqn-2m32hIk

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
holy gently caress lmao http://www.twitch.tv/adam_ak/c/4725597

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i am watching the super metroid reverse boss order tas and holy poo poo that crystal flash in lower norfair :stare:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Goat Rope got a cheevo named after him in the master chief collection

see, speedrunning isn't entirely useless.

e. my boy toloo though managed to get in contact with one of the guys at Capybara games and not only got a free copy of the PC port so he could run it with us, he got them to remove an invisible wall they patched in to stop a shortcut.

reminder that speedrunners run this poo poo.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Nov 1, 2014

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I set a world record tonight. It was pretty cool

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Congratulations my friend. What game?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

man it's been like a week since I set a WR I'm starting to get hives.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

heeheex2 posted:

Congratulations my friend. What game?

Roundabout

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

GNU Order posted:

Roundabout

It better have been desert limo

just kidding e-sports mode is fine too

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Current Desert Limo record is 8:08:9.203

Lmao I don't have time for that poo poo, I'm king of eSports Speedrunning aka the real man's Roundabout

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
was it in first person mode

if it wasn't then i don't care, sorry friend

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I was promised by flicky that tssb would show my records no matter how dumb and arbitrary they were.

Then I submitted my run of a link to the past where I saved and quit 998 times to max out the games played counter.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

SeXReX posted:

I was promised by flicky that tssb would show my records no matter how dumb and arbitrary they were.

Then I submitted my run of a link to the past where I saved and quit 998 times to max out the games played counter.

this is a good run

did you find a way to minimize your time doing this. was it tool assisted?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

hubris.height posted:

this is a good run

did you find a way to minimize your time doing this. was it tool assisted?

non tool assisted, I actually messed up my counter a couple times and as a result did some safety save and quits so anyone who felt like going for it has a pretty good shot at beating my time.

Today I got my copy of Chester Cheetah: Wild Wild Quest for the Genesis. The bug that let me do a lot of the quick kills in the SNES one works a little different, but many of the bosses themselves actually have different attack patterns and most of them lose portions of their cycles where they were invincible. That combined with changes made to a couple of the stages make times between them not comparable, and the genesis will probably end up being shorter.

I still need to win the auction on the genesis copy of too cool to fool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ion Helmet posted:

I have a friend who got highly illegal and permabannable pre-release roms of fusion and zero mission and he and I published the first 100% zero mission maps before the game was even for sale. then i stopped gaming forever.

At least you went out on a high note

• Locked thread