Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

minidracula posted:

I've also read a bunch of posts on the Moog Music Forum (and vaguely recall some other chatter here) that either the standalone app is terrible, the VST is terrible, or both. And maybe one or more of them is made by Sound Tower, and other people have said the Sound Tower apps for the Little Phatty/Slim Phatty line are terrible?! I'M SO CONFUSED.

I bought the VST and it just plain didn't work until Logic X came along and I was forced to switch to 64-bit. I haven't worked with it much because I didn't use it when I first bought it, so I never developed a taste for it, but so far it seems okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I turned 40 a few months ago and committed to finally getting into eurorack as my midlife crisis. I told my wife it’s cheaper than a sports car.

I went to a college with an ARP 2500, and was ready to dive into the Behringer clone modules, but then discovered the world of DIY kits. I built a Paia 9700 back in 2007 and decided I’d use that as a “good enough for now” oscillator and filter.

Case - Moog 104hp
Power - 4ms row power 35
Non-DIY modules:
Bad Comrade (my first module bought used off Reverb)
Doepfer A-132-3v dual vca (used off Reverb)
Doepfer A-119 External Input/Envelope Follower (new)

DIY Modules:
Befaco Output v3
Befaco ADSR
Zlob Modular Triple Cap Chaos

I’ve also used Reaktor going back to version 3 and tried using blocks as control voltage generators. It works, but it’s pretty meh.

I think my next module is going to be Maths, but going forward I’m probably going to buy mostly Befaco and Zlob kits.

Speaking of Zlob, they just released this the other day:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GrG0ex-0OnU

:stare:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

j.peeba posted:

Awesome! A module is certainly cheaper than a sports car. :sweatdrop:

If you’re interested in a Maths and DIY have you considered a Befaco Rampage? It doesn’t have the two extra attenuverted channels but it can do some other tricks

Yeah, I looked at the Rampage and read some comparisons, and I’d rather get Maths. I actually really like what I see of the Make Noise stuff, so maybe in a few years I’ll start picking up more of their stuff.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Eccles posted:

I envy people who can build electronic things and make them work. The Turing Machine kit I glued together a few months ago didn’t quite work out. RIP.

You’re supposed to use solder, not glue.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

anyone here have a theremin? thinking about springing for it, have kinda wanted one since i was a kid

I bought a Moog Theremini for my wife back in 2014 or 2015. She hardly plays it and I’ve goofed with it a few times, but I imagine it’d take a fair amount of dedication and practice to actually carry a tune with it.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Kraven Moorhed posted:

How tough is it to replace a missing key on a synth? My brother has a beat-to-hell Microkorg he's going to give to me soon that's missing a key, and while I'm happy to play it with my Keystep Pro, it'd be nice to get it back in proper working order if it doesn't become a moneypit.

I found this. Looks like a pain in the rear end, but doable.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_qO1zcdH6V4

He takes the back off at about 4 mins in, and separates the keys from the rest of the unit at about 10 minutes. He starts taking the keys apart at around 21:40. He’s cleaning a lot of it with alcohol in between, which probably isn’t a bad idea if you’re taking apart a second hand synth anyway.

This site sells parts:
https://www.syntaur.com/keyboard.php?keyboard=228

You can get the whole keyboard for $70, or partials from $9.95 to $24.95 depending on which keys you need.

I found all this by searching Google, so no guarantees that any of this will work out, but if it were me, I’d give it a shot.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

A LOVELY LAD posted:

Yeah its not that bad to do, don't put it all back together once the keys are replaced tho, make sure the rubber contact strips are still sitting properly and all the keys make a noise.

So I bought my android OTG cable and fired it into my phone - blofeld connects both via USB and through a cheapo USB to midi cable like an absolute dream - I'm super surprised by how smoothly it went and it even works in the browser using websites that do midi out. OP-1..not so much, but the blofeld was really the aim anyways so I can control filters and stuff via MIDI CC and make use of multi mode/multiple MIDI channels at once instead of loving about with the lovely encoders etc.

I used to have a Blofeld. Before trading it in at Guitar Center, I added extra capacitors to fix the encoder issue.

http://synth.stromeko.net/DIY.html

I did the non-surface mount version.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Bought a Zlob Modular Diode Chaos kit off Amazon. Took 2 hours to build. Realized when I put it in my rack that the 10-pin power connector was on the wrong side of the board. Spent another 2 and a half hours desoldering it and then clearing solder out of the holes and then putting it in right. Tested the pins, everything looks good, plug it in, turn it on, POP!

I put an IC chip in the wrong way around. :eng99:

Chip smells. I flip it around and try again. Unit powers on, but instead of alternating between red and blue, it just stays red. A new chip is less than a dollar, but shipping is either $4 for 7-10 days or $8 for 2-day. Might as well get a couple extra chips in case I blow up another one! Ordering chips from Mouser at midnight on a Saturday-into-Sunday night. Briefly consider just buying another $50 Diode Chaos kit off Amazon. Nah, I’m going to try and salvage this.

This is my hobby. This is what I do to relax and to have fun. :emo:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Update to my blowing up my Diode Chaos module.

I found the chip I needed in my Doepfer VCA module, so I plucked it out, put it in the Diode Chaos, and it still doesn't work, so something beyond the op amp chip that I fried is broken. Seeing if Mouser will cancel my order (it hasn't been shipped yet) and ordering a whole new Diode Chaos kit. :10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

:rock: HAIL SATAN :rock:

For the record, I put the chip back in the Doepfer VCA and tested it, everything works, so at least I didn't destroy that module, too.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Got my second Diode Chaos kit assembled. The first one still doesn't work even with a new chip, but everything I test seems okay, so it might be the other chip also blew. :shrug:

1 minute of Eurorack noisiness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtKjpco1PMM

Rod Hoofhearted fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Aug 19, 2021

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I plan to build a Befaco Chopping Kinky by the end of the year, that's a wave folder. Not sure it's what you're looking for though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeLoPTApLlw

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

snorch posted:

How the heck does a mouse get inside there?

Mice can get into openings the size of a dime. And when there isn’t one, they can usually chew one.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Noise Machine posted:

Bought a Behringer 2600 - Barely lasted a week before I started looking at clock dividers and then potentially thinking about a small eurorack case

Anyone have a good case to recommend for it?

Since no one else is answering this, I"ll take a crack at it. Disclaimer - I just started with eurorack back in April, but it's something I've been looking into for a while.

It's all about what you plan on doing and what you mean by "small". There's always the DIY option, you can basically buy rails, a power supply and some wood and build your own if you're into that kind of thing. Do not attempt this as a cost saving measure, this is only something to do if you already have power tools and enjoy building things out of wood. Getting into power tools and woodworking just to save money on a eurorack case is the opposite of saving money.

If you're just looking to own up to 4 modules max, there's the Doepfer A100 Mini Case, which is 32hp and costs $140. Power is built in. That's expensive on a cost per hp basis, though.

Crea8 Audio has the nifty case, it's 84hp, and has power, MIDI, and an audio out jack built-in, most cases don't have all that. The case is $200, and then there's a $270 nifty bundle that includes two modules - Cells, which is a neat looking modulation/sequencer, but the other one, Chipz, is a rather crappy oscillator. You might skip these since you have a 2600 already.

There's the TipTop Happy Ending kit, which isn't enclosed , but can be mounted in a traditional 19" audio rack. That's 84hp and includes a micro zeus power module. It costs $159 altogether.

There's the TipTop Mantis, which gives you two rows of 104hp with power built-in for $335. I wish I got one of these when I started with eurorack back in April.

And then there's "skiff" cases that are basically just box-like enclosures. Some come with power, others don't. I bought the Moog 104hp eurorack case for $99, and then bought a 4ms power module for ~$150. Already, that's $249, no synth modules, no MIDI, no audio. I thought this would be a good idea for future expandability - once I need more than 104hp, I just buy another one, and another power supply. I even chose the 4ms power supply because they can be daisy chained so you only have one power adapter to plug into the wall. This was a bad plan.

Two rows of $249 = $498, whereas the Mantis is $335. Not great. Especially since my 4ms power module is powerful enough to supply up to two rows of 104hp, but the Moog case is completely enclosed, so there's no good way to get the ribbon cable to go from one cases to another short of drilling a big rear end hole into it (which I'm not going to do). Also, each power module takes up 4hp. Once you have a few modules, you realize how valuable hp is.

Of course, there's other skiffs and other power options out there. For example, Behringer has a 104hp skiff-style case that's $20 cheaper than the Moog, but not as deep, but I'm having depth problems as-is with my Moog case, so I don't recommend an even shallower case.

There's a Make Noise skiff that includes power for $250, but the power only accommodates up to 10 modules, versus the Erica Synths powered skiff that's $349 but has enough power slots for 30 modules. (You can tell who manufactures a bunch of 2hp "pico" modules.)

And of course there's more options out there as you get into bigger and nicer cases, going all the way into the thousands of dollars, but I'm just looking at the kind of stuff I myself would entertain. I plan on buying modules and expanding my system until I literally die. This is my midlife crisis and retirement all wrapped up into one, instead of sports cars or golf or something, so for me, buying 208hp worth of cases at a time for as cheaply cost effective as possible makes sense. However, if you just want a few modules to augment your 2600 and don't want to fall down the Eurorack rabbit hole, something like the Doepfer Mini Case or the Happy Ending Kit might make more sense.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

This came up in my YouTube recommends:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCfcTR7eBtA

I bought an Ensoniq Fizmo from Musician's Friend when they were on blowout in 1999/2000 for $500. I, like many other Fizmo buyers at that time, thought it was a virtual analog that was worth its original list price of $1200, and that it was a steal. The fact that it was a 61-key keyboard, with knobs and stuff, and the read out of the specs (48-note polyphony, 4 sounds with two oscillators per sound simultaneously) made it sound like a great deal.

The Fizmo does three things really well - underwater bubbling sounds, tinkly bells sounds, and aliasing noise.

At that time, my setup was an ASR-10 and the Fizmo, until about 2003 when I got a Korg MS2000R, and then got into the Logic ecosystem after that. I was mainly using the Fizmo as a MIDI controller at that point.

I replaced the allegedly faulty voltage regulator myself around 2005, and then sold it on eBay in 2008 for $800 to go towards an Access Virus TI.

A few years ago, I saw Fizmos were going for $1600 on Reverb, and now I guess they're going for ~$2400. One in Japan sold for over $4000, but that one claims that the PSU was entirely rebuilt in addition to some other parts being serviced/replaced.

Meanwhile, the Virus TI plug-in is no longer compatible with current versions of Mac OS X, and their value on Reverb seems to have fallen to about $1200.

Synthesizers - do never buy.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The Voice of Labor posted:

had it been craigslist and not ebay I would say I probably have your fizmo. I have since changed the gross rubberized knobs and replaced an encoder. the future is now, as it was then, underwater bubbling sounds and robot speech.

the really infuriating thing about the fizmo is that there are two envelope settings and something else I can't remember that you need a working copy of sounddiver to access. had the UI crew splurged for, like, one or two more encoders and and another momentary switch, the whole thing would be editable via the front panel

You couldn’t edit the effects without Sounddiver, all effects are basically presets without it. I had the Fizmo-only version of Sounddiver (versus the full version of what billed itself as a “universal synth librarian”), and it was a pain in the rear end to use, and could easily make patches into a distorted mess. The video mentions a new editor called Fauxmo, but editing patches via a midi cable (as opposed to USB) is a slow, glitchy pain in the rear end just in general.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

dexefiend posted:

I have been bitten by DIY modular bug.

DIY case, DIY modules!

:hellyeah:

What’s the case and how did you make it?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

dexefiend posted:

Thanks! I am really excited about this whole project.

I went for 126hp to leave plenty of room after including the full Hexmix setup. This leaves me 182hp after that.

My excitement level is probably too high. I am trying to hold myself to only possessing at most two unassembled modules at a time.

I have five on order...

As I learn more this will probably change, but I am trying to do this in a intentional way. Thank goodness for ModularGrid.

I would have preferred to start Muxlicer + EvenVCO + Rampage + Hexmix VCA, but I am having trouble finding the kits.

Synth cube has the Even VCO kit in stock. I realize that may not help if you’re not in the U.S. though.

I just now panic bought a HexMix VCA kit for fear of them going out of stock soon. I really need more VCAs. I bought a Befaco Dual Attenuverter kit thinking it could double as two VCAs and it really doesn’t. I misunderstood what “offset” does. :hurr:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

You young whippersnappers and your one-time $199.99 purchase of Logic Pro X. In my day you had to choose between Logic Silver, Logic Gold, and Logic Platinum! And you had to buy the software instruments separately! I paid $249 for the EXS sampler, and $80 for the ES1 synth! And every time they upgraded to a new version of Logic, we had to pay for it! And they made us attach a giant dongle to our serial port.

And we liked it! :corsair:

We did not, in fact, like any of it.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

dexefiend posted:

Make my monster grow!!!

The Klasmata had me convinced that I broke it.

After four hours of troubleshooting, I figured out that I thought the gate input was the output, and vice versa.

:nice:

I got a HexMix VCA and a Zlob Entropy Expander coming to me in the mail.

Where’d you get the blank panels?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

dexefiend posted:

I just ordered the brains of the whole operation: 2 x Rampage kits!

I just sold a Korg MS2000R on Reverb, and once I get the money, I’m going to buy a Maths. I know Rampage and Maths are similar, but after watching a bunch of videos and reading Mod Wiggler posts, I’m going Maths.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Rampage is available in kit, but Maths has a mixer, attenuverters and more channels for offsets. If cost isn't a factor you made a good choice.

I bought a Befaco Dual Attenuverter kit thinking it would get me 2 more VCAs for cheap, and I guess I thought “Offset” also meant amplify, so a Rampage plus Dual Attenuverters almost makes a Maths, but I still want the Maths over the Rampage even though it’s cheaper and I enjoy kit building.

And yeah, I’m getting more than the cost of a new Maths for the Korg, so it’s covered, and I haven’t so much as looked at the MS2000R in 10 years.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

dexefiend posted:

I am doing DIY everything, so that limits my choice.

Yeah, I’m doing mostly DIY kits, but then there a few things I want, like the Make Noise Maths and Wogglebug, and the System80 Jove or whatever the new filter replacing the Jove is. But the bulk of what I have and what I plan on getting is Befaco and Zlob stuff, and I’m more likely to take a chance on some new kit than impulse buy a built module. That’s how I discovered Zlob, I literally bought a Triple Cap Chaos kit because it was $45 and it was restocked the same time as all kinds of Befaco stuff that I’d been waiting on in July. Now I’m up to four Zlob modules and thinking about getting their SVF filter and looking forward to the day I can drop $400 on their feedback filterbank kit. (That day is many years off).

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

JamesKPolk posted:

Do you, but just saying, all three of these are pretty easy to get in DIY - Maths is "just" a very clever UI for a Serge DUSG + mixer and utilities and there are so many versions (I have a Quad Slopes I've been getting parts for that fits in less than 2 maths worth of HP), Jove was one of the first surface mount things a friend of mine tried, and Wogglebug has a storied history of bad kits across manufactures but there are good ones too and like the one in my system, I built from an Erica offering (the SWAMP I think? One of the last kits I bought before I just went PCB+panel as a rule).

Especially with pseudorandom stuff, it can be fun to get a slightly different version than everyone else's, and the Wogglebug is one of the cooler modular circuits out there - I learned a lot about synthesis troubleshooting mine (I feel this way about most of Grant Richter's designs).

Oh wow, no, I had no idea. I’d especially be interested in a DIY kit version of the Jove. I’ll probably still get the Maths, but I’ll definitely look into DIY versions of the Jove and Swamp and other Wogglebug alternatives. Thank you.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Whelp! I was building my Befaco HexMix VCA kit and I got shorted one 22pf capacitor. They're worth about 2 cents each. :doh:

Ended up ordering a bundle of assorted capacitors from Amazon hoping I could same-day it or get it tomorrow, even if I had to pay for it, but I can't get it any sooner than Saturday.

This is the first time I've been shorted since I built my Paia 9700 back in 2007, and back then I got shorted a whole bunch of stuff - resistors, diodes, a voltage regulator... so I contacted Paia to get that straightened out.

I don't feel like bothering Befaco or Modular Addict, the place I ordered from, over one 2 cent capacitor.

And hopefully having a whole bunch of spare capacitors will come in handy in future kit building. I have a broken Diode Chaos module (100% my fault) that I was told to use a capacitor to troubleshoot - now I'll have 300!

Also, I wanted to mod my Metal Zone pedal... but I think those require active/polarized capacitors.

This is my hobby, this is what I do for fun.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Finished my Hex Mix VCA today. Really started getting in my head towards the end of the build. this was the most expensive single module I've built since starting this in July. Got super nervous when I plugged it in, started having flashbacks to when I destroyed a $50 Diode Chaos module.

Luckily everything worked right off the bat, and calibration went off without a hitch. Now I have 8 VCAs instead of 2, and I'm thinking about that Zlob Vnlcursal VCA. :sickos: You really can never have too many VCAs.

Here's a more aggressive, noisey example with a lot of the different types of noise from the Entropy and its Expander. Pitch changes are coming from the Entropy S&H, which is changing based on the random triggers from the Diode Chaos. The random gates from the Entropy Expander trigger the Befaco VC ADSR, and the State Gates on that are controlling the volume for three other sound sources.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkTh8LEr6nE

Here's a slightly less aggressive, less noisey example of the above. The dual VCOs from the Paia really shine through here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSo8gQ_XxBE

I don't know why the video is so dark, I'm not sitting in the dark IRL. :shrug:

The Korg MS2000R is sold, and the Maths is on its way.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

watho posted:

slap some reverb on that and presto, you’ve scored a 90s sci-fi horror film!

I did another one with a little bit of reverb added in Logic afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2sctFnqDCU

I didn't realize the yellow cable going into the Bad Comrade wasn't plugged into anything until I was editing. :shrug:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Looks like TipTop's making licensed Buchla eurorack modules the way Behringer made Arp 2500 eurorack modules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avhIc0p4zeM

It's neat, but those modules look a bit chonky.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I got my Maths today and ended up making a horror movie soundtrack out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GCZdEm1Ms0

A little bit of reverb added in Logic again.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Eurorack goons - what’s the difference between something like the Ornament and Crime versus something like the Befaco Lich?

Seems like there’s all kinds of digital dsp modules that do all kinds of things, but only one-at-a-time. Robeaux 3PT is another DIY versus the Disting, which is something I’m very not interested in.

I ask cuz I’m interested in a diy quantizer kit, and the diy stuff seems to go straight from cheesy stuff like the Kassutronics and Sonic Potions quantizers, straight into DSP utility modules, with no in between.

Or are their other DIY quantizers I don’t know about? I’d like something that could do 12-step chromatic scales plus alternate and microtonal tunings. I know I can buy modules like that, but I’m mostly trying to stick to DIY.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Cool, thanks everyone for all of your feedback.

Does Ornament & Crime’s quantizer do microtonal scales and non-Western scales?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

dexefiend posted:

I have been busy soldering.

Now to calibrate my Zlob modules... This isn't as easy as tuning the KickAll.

Edit:
Last night, I figured out why reverse power protection is so important. "Hey, why aren't the LEDs on the Triple Cap Chaos working correctly?"

I also have decided that I love soldering.

:nice:

Looks great, but how does it sound? Let's hear some modular jams!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Catastrophe posted:

Excuse me but... *trying to reach through cables to get to that one knob*

e: and I'm just going to post this photo of part of my setup again simply because I like it

:nice: I see a Richter Oscillator, a disting, and I think just the panel of a Befaco Sallen Key Filter…. What else you got there?

echinopsis posted:

FM is good but I struggle to get anything good out of it if it’s not subtle, and you often end up killing the bottom end of the sound if you’re not careful.

I had a lecturer in college once say, “The problem with FM is that FM sounds like FM, sounds like FM…”

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Beaucoup Cuckoo posted:

Behold my alter to fart noises.

See the money I've wasted.

Thousands of dollars of eurorack modules on a $20 card table.

Not a penny wasted :hai:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:eyepop:

WHAT?!

Please tell me that’s Dr. John Chowning’s dissertation or something.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

RocketMermaid posted:

And dear holy gently caress modular is a money incinerator,

-Me, a few hours ago debating on whether or not to get a Mantis case.

I also started out with Trackers - Scream Tracker originally, then Impulse Tracker. This was back in the 90s though. I have no idea what’s been out there in the last 20 years.

Rod Hoofhearted fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Nov 14, 2021

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

RocketMermaid posted:

I was going to get a Mantis to add to my two NiftyCases, but they seem to be sold out everywhere and that used 9U Doepfer showed up at Patchwerks, my local crack den synthesizer shop, so I traded in one of my NCs towards it. Having a beefy power supply and lots of case depth to work in makes it extremely worth it.

I’ve been keeping my eye out and then suddenly Kraft Music in Wisconsin had them in stock yesterday. I’ve got a few things to sell to offset the cost, so I’m getting it.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Ordered a TipTop Mantis case last weekend, it still hasn't shipped, so I contacted the store today and they're like, "Oh, there was a problem with the power supplies on a certain run of serial numbers, we'll ship it out Monday." :what:

Do I even want this thing now?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Tayter Swift posted:

it's a good case, at least they caught the issue before sending it to you

True. How do I test it to be sure? Pop in my cheapest module and leave it on for a few hours?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Here's a thing I've been working on. I rearranged my studio so that I could easily connect my Moog Little Phatty to my eurorack.

I'm trying to demonstrate that the Moog audio into the Deopfer a-119 External Input/Envelope Follower is controlling whether or not the Maths channel 1 cycles. When there's sound coming out of the Phatty, it cycles, and when I stop pressing a key/lift my foot off the sustain pedal, it stops.

Diode Chaos through the Dual Attenuverter is controlling the Phatty's pitch and filter. I attenuated the pitch signal, so it's like it's struggling to stay in tune, while I boosted the signal going into the filter to keep it open more often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxHet9tUrmY

I added a bit of compression and reverb in Logic.

My next modules are likely going to be a Befaco Muxslicer for sequencing, maybe one of those new Mex expanders for it, and then STMix so I have a stereo mixer instead of just kind of putting a bunch of things in the left speaker and one or two things in the right speaker all of the time. (Seems like all the DIY kits are out of stock in North America right now.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Do make YouTube videos about mystery sample disks. Don’t make a new sampler/sampling thread.