Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
I use a mag with a circline tube in it on an arm, can’t see poo poo without it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

For $2k I'd expect the functionality of the trio of them

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

It's literally called Gadget

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

iOS' reason, if they keep finding success, which they seem to keep doing

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

ain’t like there’s a meaty knurled flaring cock on there or anything
yet

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

I think he just misses the Keyboard and Sound on Sound days as being the totality of the font of public opinions. I'm sure it's frustrating to have to hear some schmuck on some new social you've never even heard of is killing your otherwise manicured buzz. Also: lol, lmao.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Slow down, I’m gonna splarf

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

It was there for a reason. If you’re in to synthdiy they used to be good sources for parts and chassis but even before our current renaissance that hasn’t made much economic sense. Parts too common/cheap these days. Even TOGs are back in production by coolaudio.
The transistor organs that were worth grabbing are combos and even that’s a tough prospect when nord is.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Quadraphonics & Modular
I decided I don't hate myself nearly that much, so, this is what I've come up with as my first blush at doing it entirely in hardware without buying anything.

Hey, keep at it! Multispeaker means whatever you want. I used to like running two keyboard cubes with a third amp in the middle for a jive LCR cine kinda thing. There's magical $atmos spectral phantom surround dsp whatever these days but it's not like you're authoring for that so don't worry about mixing for it. There's FOSS software, and I think at this point just a plugin chain for live now, that'll do matrix quad (think dolby prologic) from four stems so it's finally something you can author and distribute without spending a bunch of cash.

I do hate myself and grabbed a poltergeist back when they were still available. Outboard runs back in usually via it. You can get pretty far RYO as you're doing, especially if you throw in some helper modules. An aeolus seeds makes for a great panner on its own for classic stereotyped effects but is useful outside of that context as well with its additional modes. First gen planars are coming down a bit with the new one out. There's also always the quad massager for a standalone take.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Yeah sometimes they jump up pretty good, I think the oscillographic block went cwejman on me. 6something to $goodluck. Natural gates holy lol. :retrogames:

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Big blue is a favorite of mine, copped one of the last top boards left from yamaha ‘in the days. You can really squeeze some usable sounds out of it but definitely helps if you’ve got something else multitimbral to help along. Too much out the stereo outs gets smooshy imo.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Yeah, :rip:

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

https://www.jaspers-alu.de/aid-1096-Equipment-Rack-150-6-80B.html :yum:

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

I’m still rolling with the old MOTU Fastlane, was surprised driver support kept up with the arm transition but I’m glad. It’s the only one I’ve used as reliable as the serial opcode interfaces.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

He's mostly insufferable and if he's doing so well in his other work I wish he'd go do that instead of pretty regularly beating a hornet's nest for engagement.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

I'm hoping they put some VL tech in there, sounds like a killer. Definitely confused to why the 61 key has no polyAT. The 400 note polyphony doesn't tell the whole story– the AN engine is only 16, but there's a full 128 for AWM and FM engines, FM engine looks fantastic. Those are all-the-time though which is unusual on multimode whizbangers.
It's the EX5 but it works this time, hooray :v:

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

I bet it's particular kinds of specialized professional users who are, for some reason, criminally underrepresented on this forum.

Worship, musical theatre, composers especially older ones, cover acts, anybody who needs a shitton of choice, sampling and a sequencer. Everyone who'd be using a rack sampler back in the days and can't into computer is using a workstation because they're where all that tech, and the business, went. Sitting at my kurzweil and 256 voice of AWM2 is a fantasy land it couldn't even imagine. The layers man, the layers.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

All the music merchants are church posting now bb, I miss those days always good customers :retrogames:

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

I’m the tone deaf technology :cumpolice:

toadee posted:

Also are there even any like, premade pieces of windows software that come all set up to do the arranging stuff? Like a bunch (and uhh, watching that vid I mean A BUNCH)…

Band in a box has been around since the 90s, was originally just MIDI but has done audio since I think 01ish and then good audio much later. Does all the expected arranger stuff. But yeah def, workstations are :yum:

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Gamechanger is making a eurorack plasma drive, pre-orders for the first 100 are up, it's like $400.

I thought Erica dropped this like four years ago? Did it not release or is this different?

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Between BMC and NLC there’s enough wild PCBs available to keep you busy for lifetimes. Sounds like you can tackle a BOM but synthcube does do kits for a mess of NLC’s.

https://www.bartonmusicalcircuits.com
https://www.nonlinearcircuits.com
https://synthcube.com

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

withak posted:

I like synthesizers and I think they are fun to play.

:same:

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

samplers still be anemic with the working memory, it kinda really sucks if they also don’t stream from disk, akai.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

With a divide down oscillator, thing's the wildest stringer ever made :yum:

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Re: nunomo
When the hell did this no-chassis movement start and what can we do to kill it

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

I heat with wood and just put half my poo poo away most of the winter, it’s so dry. Touch stuff barely works, ESDeath is a :science: away.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Long tradition of bass playing, pa owning, van driving folk getting in bands. Hold your honker high.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Passes the SNiff test :9
Would be a lot more portable than the oscillographic

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

H90 is :yum::retrogames:
I love the OTO bam, on paper it reads like a specialty/novelty verb à la the untouchable MVII but it really has that physical space feeling that is real but nowhere you’ve been. Plate makes me think EMT250 personally. Love it, crazy value for the price. They also added a thru mode, kills the verb but runs signal through the converters and filter.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

JamesKPolk posted:

not at all what I wanted to hear, thats exactly what I'm looking for. I've been GASing for those (well the first two) so hard since they dropped and they look almost reasonable now. maybe next studio refresh

:getin:
Bim is also fantastic, my favorite delay outside of an RE201.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

On the one hand I wish the maker of masterpieces like the RS/QY would drop something a little more sophisticated than boxes from a quarter century ago, but hopefully it’s a toe-dip. Looks to be a great effort especially on the connectivity. Putting on my seer cap I bet, with their bothering to do branding– “Make Waves,” that there’s a bigger sib to this coming down the pipe if it splashes in the market. :9

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Make an rm1x again you sumbicths :hellyeah:

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

withak posted:

No cow graphics, not usable.

Rattlecan that pig, mooooo

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

That's Colossus money, which I'd rather any day of the week :science:

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

I don’t like 80s DACs, I do like the things they had to do to make up for them.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Can you use video oscillators through a mess of dividers, like a TOG? :thunk:

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

The Rich Evans???

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Are JV1010s still cheap? Someone has probably made a reasonable editor for current platforms by now. You’d want one for any of them anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

MockingQuantum posted:

Cheaper than the 1080s but not drastically. Honestly I don't know enough about that range to even know the difference, I'm still pretty green to the world of romplers.

It’s great, 2080 partials and the session card built in. Small enough to velcro under your board. You’re losing on higher fidelity partials(it’s fine) and istr an fx bus. If I didn’t have a 2080 I’d have one of them. If you don’t ever see yourself buying expansion ROMs, might be a pick.