Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
LOL

I guess TE can't source new audio ports anymore either

B&H is just refunding me $1300 on a OP-1 with a slightly fucky audio port. I am just taking it as store credit and applying it to a new OP-1, which is now $100 more than it was when I bought it in 2021. Not going up $700 for a field.

If I was smart I'd start an indiegogo making controller boards compatible with the OP-1, it seems like fundamentally bad design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

xzzy posted:

A worse design than the OP-Z warping to the point the encoders can't stay in? :v:

at this point I am also thinking "huh $1280 in B&H credit would buy several eurorack modules on top of that silly skulpt polysynth I want"

i just cut out my coffin to have an OP-1 in it though so I think I will stick with it, if I start buying eurorack poo poo that $1280 credit will turn into -2800 on a credit card :laugh:

OP-1 field is only tempting from the perspective of, "well this is the new one so it might be supported longer". gently caress that. My primary recording mechanism is a Teac tapedeck from 1990.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Beaucoup Cuckoo posted:

You should just get a m8, dog.
haha, well there's another thing I want now

in the mean time I did indeed get another OP-1. I can have that on Tuesday, vs "sometime in fall maybe" for that one. I did not pay the extra $600 tax to upgrade to a Field, I may regret that when my audio port breaks again in 2 years and these are totally unsupported :allears:

also I want to build a LMN-3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5UmPTttN1s -- looks awesome, my math is the parts for build are around $300. If anyone wants to take this on as a group project that might further inspire me

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jul 24, 2022

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

yikes, I didn't mean to set off a firestorm.

I saw and appreciated the different levels of linguistic joke in "lmn3" and it made me snicker.

There's a lot of gear I could get for $1280 credit, but I'd had the OP-1 8 months, felt like I was scratching the surface of what it could do, enjoy loving with it, and also enjoy the silliness of it, so I'm happy to just eat a small loss replacing it with a new one and move on. If the new one has less than immaculate audio I/O after 11 months I'll return it again and rethink this.

Korg Gadget 2 is a hell of a lot cheaper if you already have a tablet, and supports kinda similar workflows, IMO. If i hadn't already been enjoying the op1 that's not where my resources would go now, but, I know I'd miss it so :shrug:

The Voice of Labor posted:

the $1200 6 channel mixer might be a good place to start thinking about what it might be about te's design and marketing strategy that people find offensive. their clothing line would be a good second thing to consider

I'd go as far as "TE uses basically predatory boutique marketing and provides poo poo support for generally overpriced products in a field already crowded with weird poo poo BUT I really enjoy my OP-1" :laugh:

my $80 mackie 8 channel mixer is just fine...

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 24, 2022

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

as far as supply chain issues, the plight of synthesizers.com saddens me much more than whatever is going on with TE who seen destined to weather it, at least for now

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

hey, fishing for some alternate ideas.

My current deal with BHPhoto gives me a 30 day window to decide I don't actually want an OP-1 and do something irresponsible like get a hydrasynth instead, or, maybe more practically, get a Hydrasynth Desktop plus "some other thing or things to help replace the OP-1 in my workflows".

So, I know I'm going to have to give up on having a tiny AIO groovebox if I go this route, and that's probably fine because Gadget 2 plus an ipad is fine for sketching.

The main thing I end up using the OP-1 for is polyphony, both for drum tracks, and sometimes for melody or harmony. The rest of my usual setup is some semimodular analog monosynths connected to a Beatstep and small midi kb, and then the aux loop on everything goes through a KP3, so I can grab loops from the OP-1 (or whatever) and keep them in the KP3 to turn on different drum/synth loops. I've planned to do more actual recording on the OP-1 but have not, the tape interface is... well, you love it, or you don't, and I am not there yet.

So, my question is: #1-if I am not concerned about a super portable AIO groovebox, / DAW what other options might I consider if I am mostly looking for a polysynth that makes it easy to set up drum tracks etc? If I decide to put $800 of that $1400 into a Hydrasynth which covers the polyphony bit nicely but not sequencing and recording, what exists in the $600 range that would cover those use cases? Note that as far as "recording" goes I do have capacity to just feed all this into Studio One on a laptop, or use an iPad as the end of the line recorder (if there's good software for this), so I am open to all these things

#2 a more extreme version of #1 - If i just dump all the money into the full hydrasynth with keyboard, what are the best iOS options for drums specificially, sequencing and recording? I've got Gadget 2, that may be fine?

The hydrasynth looks super sweeet and like it it would open up a bunch of exciting options for interacting with my semimodular stuff.

I've generally been happy with the OP-1, but, the QC seems fucky and it is kind of a toy and part of me thinks if I have the chance to just get out of it at full value here and get a sweet synth and something else, that might make more sense.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Hmm, now my bad brain is thinking "a lot of these things are $1000 and my return is worth $1400 which would only leave me $300 short for doing some $1k thing plus a hydrasynth". I made the mistake of watching a bunch of hydrasynth videos including a bunch with the desktop version hooked up to Eurorack stuff and it really got my gears turning.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

this isn't helping me NOT think, "gently caress it, just get the Hydrasynth keyboard version, get $100 back, and live with my loving Electribe MK2 for drums for the moment, putting it through as many distortion effects as necessary to make it sound less 80s".

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

I'm going to have to completely re cut the foam for my box, I may need new foam :laugh:

Yeah I think I am sold on just getting the keyed version of this and leaning on Studio 1 on a laptop for everything else I need in the meantime, and if I end up getting something like a SP404 down the line that's fine.

poo poo, now I want to just order it on credit before I even get the OP-1 and return it. Probably a bad idea but I never said I was smart, also, BHPhoto returns seem very easy and reliable. I will probably call them before I do this, though.

One of my main use cases is just aimlessly making noises that make me feel good or moody or whatever late at night and this thing seems great for that, the filter workflows look interesting, much more intuitive than TE stuff (to be fair, this isn't a compact device so that's easier).

I'll miss the CWO bit I don't think cow is worth $1400.

Startyde posted:

One of the MPCs especially with the recentish synth updates and "rack" sampler QoL improvements would be a perfect companion to a hydrasynth and fits into $1k thing. You could do a lot worse for a desert island pair.
Think of all the devils you could rouse autosampling while waiting on the kettle :coffeepal:

Interesting, can you throw a model number or two at me to google? Sort of tempted to just get the full keyed version and then worry about buying more gear down the road, but, from reading, some people really do like the pads on the KBless version so I need to learn more about that.

Also, I should be working now, better leave this thread alone for 6-8 hours :D

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Beaucoup Cuckoo posted:

I've never heard anyone say anything bad about them - but nothing great either.

the desktop version or the hydrasynths in general? I am 90% sold on just getting the full size one, focusing on making noises and worry about recording workflows later in life :laugh:

edit: :allears: well I am bad at not being impulsive. Got the 49 key version. I did verify my whole weird return situation with B&H first but the bottom line is it seems like they will do whatever you want in terms of refunds to different cards, sending you a check, etc. Great customer service so far, I've bought a bunch of stuff from them over the years starting with some used photo gear and always been happy, but this is the first (and second) times I've done RMA stuff.

Looking forward to making some spaceship sounds.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jul 25, 2022

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

CatBlack posted:

Rack progress:

Got a maths sized empty spot that I can't stop thinking about

Are you liking the niftycases? I had been thinking of a NiftyKeys, but I just blew that budget for a while. Also I am pretty sure that as soon as I start buying racks with space I'll start auctioning my body parts off for more modules.

edit: I swear some weird boutique gear maker in Russia made a Phenazepam inspired and named module at one point, and now I can't find any record of that being a thing.

a mysterious cloak posted:

ONE OF US ONE OF US

Edit- :getin:

I had mentioned this on my own little discord server but then bought it before I got many replies. I should not be surprised that when one of our two biggest synth nerds did reply it was with "I have one and I loving love it, congrats".

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jul 25, 2022

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Rolo posted:

I went there a couple months ago and fell in love with the Sub25.

It’s a dangerous place, had to buy something so I got these boys.

almost as cool as the ones Teenage Engineering sells for $300

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Rolo posted:

The Moog ones are better and 10 bucks lmao.

this was a joke about blank t-shirts TE sells.

On that front, of course the OP-1 that I am returning was delivered right on time (and is on its way back), but the Hydrasynth is spinning its wheels in Indiana despite being an "overnight" delivery slated for yesterday. B&H was cool enough to see the delay and refund my shipping cost, not much to do but chill another day, and if it's still stuck in the same status tomorrow that probably warrants a call to B&H since fedex swore it should show new tracking already.

Generally, this is good. Of everything going on in the world, this is a good thing for me to be worried about.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

When I get over the initial Hydrasynth learning curve, get my space reconfigured and then get over the curve of interfacing the hydra to my existing semimodulars in various ways, I am going to look at adding some modular stuff:

I have 3 semi modulars now: Make Noise 0coast, and Moog Mavis & Mother32. I am imagining getting the niftycase bundle (https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/NiftyBundle--cre8-audio-niftybundle-eurorack-case-with-modules-and-cables -- I have heard the included modules aren't that great but this is only $60 more than the blank case) and immediately adding a Make Noise Maths and a Mordax Data to it, and then just start tinkering with those things along side the semimodulars.

Maths just seems stupid powerful, and Data seems both powerful and like a nice way to visualize some stuff and learn more about how things work.

Does this seem like a reasonable plan and are there any other modules I should be looking at? I know Korg has NTI-2 coming out which does a lot of what Data does at a lower cost, but it's also not available yet and it's 2 channel instead of 4.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Kraven Moorhed posted:

The Data is great (I love mine and would never sell it), but it's worth it to me because I have a large, mostly modular setup and only use it for that -- and it certainly wasn't anywhere near my first module. If you're planning on visualizing non-modular stuff, you MIGHT be better served by an audio interface/module (Expert Sleepers has some options though they get pricey) that lets you capture a good number of audio channels simultaneously with your PC and handling that in your DAW of choice. There are a lot of really nice plugins out there for that. Plus you don't run into the hardware limitations of the Data and you don't have to manage the different line/voltage levels of your modular and non-modular gear via hardware, which can get annoying.

It was mentioned by another poster above, but Ornaments & Crime with the Hemispheres firmware might actually be a good option for you if you're looking at both the Data and Maths. It doesn't do what either does quite as well, but it does a TON of other stuff, too, and is a super useful utility to have around. And Hemispheres lets you run two different utilities simultaneously. It's probably my most-used module.

all good info. To be clear I am trying to grow out a modular setup and this seems like a fun (if expensive) way to visualize various things while doing that.

Thanks to the poster who pointed out that 0coast Slope is basically half a maths -- OTOH there are a lot of Make Noise fanpersons out there who seem to really enjoy using the things together. But, I do think having a filter or two might be higher priority for now. And, really, I need to finish rearranging my space so everything is useful again.

Two random questions:

This seems silly, dumb, and the 1-star comments make it sound like TE-grade mystical hidden controls inside a Korg package. I don't really want to drop $75 on a toy but has anyone used one?

Two: supply chain concerns and the thrash I see in the synth industry is spurring me to just buy as much stuff as I reasonably can now, given having reasonable money to spend on it. Does that feel valid to the overall thread, or am I just using global events to justify my rabid materialism? Or both??

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

I've been playing with AI generative instrument images, and it amuses me that even though AI is doing an acceptable job pretending to mock up TE's convoluted UIs, not even a computer can imagine them making a full size device (prompt was "88 key synthesizer made by Teenage Engineering", and I messed with it a LOT to try to get it to do a full size KB)

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

I'm a neophyte but polyphonic aftertouch is :stare:

when I read about it I thought "oh cool, like a piano, kind of" without thinking about the very obvious differences

holding a long chord and being able to emphasize or back of individual notes and modulate that up and down, combined with patch chain effects to modify the effect of sustain / vibrato is :stare: just not like any keyboard touching I've ever done

why isn't every velocity sensitive midi kb like this

edit: this manual is 98 pages and I think it will be a month before I understand how to make a patch that's just a polyphonic square wave :laugh:

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Aug 10, 2022

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

I'd been using my no-longer-existing OP-1 mostly as drums for jamming lately, and I am not real happy to think about moving back to the Electribe MKII I have (and should probably just sell at this point), so I started messing with drum patches on the 0coast to some success. My timing sucks here but this was all just hand sync between playing a keyboard and then using a KP3 to fake 4-channel polyphony, I think I'll be generally able to work with this. There's some nice drum patch setups I've found for the mother32, as well, so maybe I'll set those as bass/kick and just let the beatstep run drum lines.

Really, really wishing I'd bought a keystep pro instead of a beatstep pro at this point, but it was 5 years ago and hey this way I probably eventually end up with both.

(video is just a still image from another video that I stole this patch from, to be clear)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gze13D15H4

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

god drat it now I'm looking at chiptune gear and not working

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Startyde posted:

Right bobby dazzler innit. Brilliant layout and controls, even ignoring the novelty of flying knobs. I hope these guys do well.

this is super super cool and I wish I had four grand and more faith in global supply chains. I hope they make all their launches and can't wait to see trip reports, thing look radical.

edit: if I had the four grand to burn, I'd probably YOLO it on the supply chains. I did sell a motorcycle for exactly that at the beginning of the summer but that cash in my little vault is the only actual cash I have, probably shouldn't change that for something I just learned about at 7:48AM :allears:

I... think I want a matriarch, too? (I have gear addiction bad and I only ever learn to use any of it because I don't actually have the cash to get new stuff more than once or twice a year). If there's any good reason to talk me off that cliff there's time to do it because I probably won't have the cash until Christmas, based on some side work I hope to land. I am about 10% through Red Means Recording Hydrasynth tutorial videos, that guy is great, also I enjoy some of his scattered performances. The video here sucks, angle wise, but still inspiring to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogJ6MHCKtZk

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Aug 11, 2022

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

I think I have a simple drum machine cobbled together for the afternoon (sound, obvs)

https://i.imgur.com/Io7v1m3.mp4 (sound, though bass pickup on my phone sucks).

Soliciting module suggestions, with the caveat I'm looking 2-3 months at least in the future, so stuff that's getting hard to get is less interesting:

I have decided (I think) that my next purchase is the niftykeys case (with the 2 cheap modules, why not), but then I want to generally fill out the rack with filters and effects, and maybe one more voice module, but really what I want to do is build a small rack of useful modules to use with my existing semimodules (0coast, mother32, mavis). I like ambient and industrial sounds equally, and while my initial budget is only going to cover the case and maybe one additional module, I will build it out over 2023.

I'd like to start experimenting with module ideas in VCV, I will likely take the effort to set up one of the simulated 0coasts I see in there.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

argh, 15 mins of messing with this wire setup and now I am looking around the property thinking "what could I sell, to feel good about ordering a DFAM now"

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

After messing with mother32+0coast+beatstep to get various BOOM-CHIC beats, I find myself VERY tempted to just throw $200 at this setup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPafPJZlBeY

anyone wanna talk me out of that?

edit: or maybe what I really want is just 2 of the drum module...

edit: I am also tempted by these Eurorack versions? https://www.tindie.com/products/jc2046/euro-kastle-b-drum-kastle-full-kit/. I guess I am weighing this stuff against something like a Intellijel Plonk module.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Aug 13, 2022

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Hmm, when I run Hydrasynth clock out -> beatstep pro clock in, it kind of works, but the Beatstep seems to detect a much lower BPM? That is, if I have the Hydra at 120bpm it comes across to the beatstep at around 30, and if I crank the hydra up to 240 it comes through as about 40. Is there something obvious I'm overlooking?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

thanks!!

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

I know small racks never stay small but I want to build a small rack to supplement my mother32/0coast, but also to act as a drum box by itself.

I figure I will get the niftykeyz bundle (the included 2 modules may be kind of poo poo but for $30 each, meh, fine) and stick a Plonk in it, and then I was thinking of sticking Make Noise Pressure Points + Brains next to it... but Brains appears to be discontinued and getting harder to track down. I could certainly chase that down, but if my goal is "adding a module or 3, hopefully not insanely expensive, to make it easier to use the Plonk as a sequencable drum machine without having to lean on my other controllers", what should I be looking at?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

thanks everyone, thats much to read on while I think about cash

I've played Magic twice since 2021 and I am thinking of maybe just.... selling my last legacy deck and set of Revised, pay off a bunch of housework, still prolly have Dumb Money left over to get modules and maybe a Matriarch too because GAS. It would take me weeks to work all that out though so plenty of time to read. Matriarch is probably a bad idea right now, seems distracting.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Cabbages and Kings posted:

thanks everyone, thats much to read on while I think about cash

hahah I better get reading, I just sold $3700 worth of magic cards in SA mart, I already have the cash sitting in paypal, and I allocated around $1200 of that to building a Plonk rack. "Mommy they move quick, that's just how we do poo poo", to quote the great Heems

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

JamesKPolk posted:

e: sorry everyone for the gEaR vIdEo but this is what bumped plonk from my "well maybe" list

this does look super cool and have my gears turning

is the set of modules I'd need here:
ugridz
rings
sy0.5a
lollipop

?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

has anyone used a VPM QD? 4 drum voices on one module with individual triggers seems nice.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Well I ended up going with VPME QD, a Pam's New Workout, and a Zlob Modular (filter for the 0coast as much as anything else)

Now I just need a niftycase and I'm right back to not really having any funbux. I did put most of the cash I got from cards into useful funding for our house, so, my conscience is clear.

The fact that the VPME has 4 independently assignable triggers and 4 voices out of the box makes it instantly more useful to me for the kind of stuff I've been doing, than the Plonk. I think. Would need to mess with all these things for hours to see, so we'll start here.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Aug 15, 2022

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Thorpe posted:

Can someone point me to a video of why the hydra synth is so cool? I’ve watched a couple reviews and the controls seem really neat and interesting, but I haven’t ever heard a sound demo that wowed me.

Or don’t, I probably don’t need any additional synth temptation and just need to write more with what k already have.

there are a bunch of non review video "just playing" type stuff out there and I guess it either grabs you, or not. But, those videos were what sold me, as much as the tutorial and review vids. Here is 40 mins of just the baked in presets being played

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_lPNdAMj90&t=1216s

video (and the synth) really benefit from a good set of headphones if you don't have truly studio grade monitors with good bass, thing is a beast on the low end that can just sound farty through poo poo speakers (like most of the ones in the room I am in :allears:).

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Aug 16, 2022

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

creamcorn posted:

the big selling point that made me get one, besides the aftertouch, was the internal routing. it's super easy and convenient to modulate things with other things, you can do lots of eurorack-esque tricks with modulating said things. if you can think of a thing you want to impact with envelopes/cv, you can do it very easily!

as someone who is basically aspiring to learn synthesis basics after a couple years of just "messing around", within like 15 mins of watching patch tutorial vids for the hydrasynth I was seeing the obvious relationship to how patch chains on my semimodulars work. I understood how it was generally, conceptually, the same, but the matrix and fact that the whole signal path is laid out in buttons and nothing tends to be more than 1-2 screens deep, makes it much easier to understand the actual path from "oscillator makes variable waveform" to "device goes bleep bleep bleep".

I've never used poly aftertouch before, but the patches that make the most interesting use of it are really something else, the experience of modulating a soundscape by just holding a chord and making light finger adjustments is really something and kind of reminds me of a theremin in a weird way.

Beaucoup Cuckoo posted:

All told the value of those is insane. I would have gotten one if I didn't get into eurorack.

I sold out of Magic, paid for roof repairs, some necessary appliances and cat & human healthcare

somehow still ended up with... uh.... a hydrasynth 49 key, 0coast, mother32, mavis, beatstep pro, KP3, assorted mixers, and I have a small VPME QD based rack setup for drums being shipped to me now. (I started buying stuff in 2017, it's been a process. Also started divesting from Magic around then).

If I had been able to put all my cardboard cash into synths, dear god, I'd never learn anything. I keep telling myself I am ready to put the GAS on hold until I'm recording more. Then I look at the Matriarch promo videos again :allears:

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 16, 2022

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

I just got an Arpitecht because I noticed WMD sold out and PerfectCircuit still had them. I HAVE TO BE DONE FOR REAL NOW, NO MATTER HOW MANY SIGNAL/DISCORD MESSAGES I GET FROM FRIENDS ABOUT "OH BUY JUST THIS ONE MORE THING" :rolleye:

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

https://www.errorinstruments.com/a-65872343/error-modular/loopman-eurorack-black/#description

I have to admit that I want this, but, really, you need two if you want to do reel to reel and don't let's be silly I already spent $250 on a reel to reel cassette deck this year, another $800 is really pushing it. There's some cool FM radio modules out there to, for some reason. I could tape... the radio! PIRATE SYNTHESIZER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4I0Q-roV-g

echinopsis posted:

it has polyaftertouch..
maybe that was supposed to be a snipe at desktop owners

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

I am embarrassed to think about how much time I spent thinking about what you could do with 2-3 of these things in serial. From literally introducing a "delay" by recording something, rewinding and playing it back, to making state machines that could read information from one tape, take some action as a result of the sound and then.... I mean we can probably make an actual tape-based turning machine at this point? :allears:

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

OSU_Matthew posted:

I'm also thinking that would be a fun project to convert an old cassette player to a DIY Eurorack module with solderable breadboard and adapt playback speed to cv input or potentiometer. I'm honestly shocked I'm not already seeing many open source projects for that floating around...

I had this same thought, and ditto about radios (there are a couple FM radio modules out there, and the nicest one I saw is $350 -- but lets you trigger tune and seek with CV, etc). Could make a whole "tape from the radio and then slow down the playback" workflow, etc, all based on knob twists. This stuff is dumb as hell and I want it all.

If someone made an easy DIY kit I'd be all over it, but I just don't have time/energy to figure this stuff out myself. Eventually I will have $350 for this tapedeck module though. I wish I'd known it existed when I dropped 250 on a reel-to-reel refurb TEAC deck. I like tape (just not in OP-1 form, as I found out).

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

chaosbreather posted:

i’ve spent more time on patch 1 on hydrasynth than any other patch on any other synth, it truly is an instrument unto itself even without the macro knobs. with the macro knobs its an entire universe and far more than most people deserve

yea I still can't decide if I made a great or terrible choice picking this thing to learn sound design on but I am leaning towards Great pretty hard because it's so goddamn fun

new gear crosspost

:toot: it works. Need a real voice in there and some other stuff. Cellz seems okay but probably goes away eventually.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgUex9K0-5c

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Ok Comboomer posted:

Opsix is dead

long live Opsix

I was checking the inventory at the Great House of Guitars because I am going to ROC tomorrow and wanted to see if they have any used eurorack stuff listed

nope, but they DO have an OPSix

for seven hundred dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

I no longer regret wiping out my funbux fund to grab an Arpitecht

WMD was sold out when I bought from perfectcircuit, looks like 4 used units still on Reverb. When those are gone I bet people will be listing this stuff for $500 plus.