Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

They added a chord mode to the E352. This thing does so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

A MIRACLE posted:

has anyone here rented a monthly rehearsal / lockout space before? I've done the by-the-hour thing but looking at private lockouts it seems cool

You'll make a lot of creepy friends at 3am in the halls. It will smell terrible. Its totally worth it.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I never knew Dreams had such a robust DAW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE996r92obE

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

1 HP left ahhhhhhh

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

The old 100lbs MAudio Keystation88 Pros are my favorite weighted interfaces. loving tanks. Used ones are like $200.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I still hang on to my Virus because the interface is basically perfect.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Another good hardware cheap synth to learn on with an excellent layout is a Korg MS000. I got mine for $300.

Bonus- you can make most of the Broken record with it

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

OK Eurorack goons - anybody using an outboard multifx box? I've been eyeing that H9 to be a general end-of-signal device but the Microcosm box looks very playable.

4HP? Get an Ochd.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Just did up my patch bay earlier this year. I use 1/8 to 1/4 into the bay, and then its hardwired via a snake to my mixer. Its so much faster to get into something.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

im_sorry posted:

I often think that modular synthesis is the "smoking crack" or "owning a horse" of potentially expensive nerd hobbies...

If you buy used, your modules will basically never lose value and they're pretty easy to flip. I think I have a a few that have gone up significantly in value over the years. Last I checked Reverb my Modcan Quad LFO was worth double what I purchased it for.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I'm waiting for some type of Mackie-style 8/12/16 channel mixer that can record individual channels so I can track my euro and then bring it all into Ableton later.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

What does everyone like for euro sample playback?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

A MIRACLE posted:

I have the erica sample drum if you have any questions about it

Ah this is perfect, thank you.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Yeah it looks like a little jungle box, which is perfect. I'm looking to do some old industrial and this will pitch down and crush those wood blocks very nicely.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

GorfZaplen posted:

This Christmas I got an arturia keystep and it's made me more serious about making music with my various synths I've collected. What should I look for in a keyboard/synth stand? Right now I only have with me my Yamaha DX21 (heavy and bulky as hell) and a Yamaha PSS 480 and the keystep (both are pretty light and relatively small). I have a couple of others kept elsewhere for space reasons that I might use on occasion. As far as price goes I'd prefer best value over best quality

If you aren't moving it around, those OnStage stands are fine. I used to have a setup like yours with a giant heavy gently caress M-Audio 88 keyboard on the bottom and then a piece of plywood across the top where I put down a Virus Desktop and Kaoss pad.

Like this thing
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ZStd2Tier--on-stage-stands-ks7365-ej-pro-heavy-duty-folding-z-stand-with-2nd-tier

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Anybody have an alternative to a Rack Plumber? It's a lot of real estate for something so simple.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/plum-audio-rack-plumber

All I'm really trying to do is get clocks to each side of my rack so I can avoid long rear end cable runs to sync everything.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx2q5GjOlvs

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I am looking to make a bunch of clocked -/+ 5V random cv to send to a Mito. Its usually paired with a Deviant, which is far too expensive. It seems a Transient Modules 4R, or DivKid RND STEP are far more affordable, and smaller modules. However, both hard to find. Any ideas?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Looking for a simple but odd euro module. I've got a nice Keystep next to my system, but the cabling to get all that CV into my rack is long and gross.

I was thinking of hardwiring a europanel with pitch/gate/mod from the keyboard with simple pass throughs. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Some angel made a Max patch to bring my Virus back into the new century

https://2855896613011.gumroad.com/l/plbyux