Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
So if the petition passes and Obama steps down, does Schmidt have to run for office or do we follow the petition's orders and Schmidt just becomes president instantly? I mean to a pleb like me it seems like a bad idea, but then I'm not a CEO so I guess I'm an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Swan Oat posted:

This is part of the conversation Justine Tunney had in her renewed call for Erich Schmidt to be CEO of America:

lmao

Good point, turn the American Regime into a Scandinavian social democracy and find the modern equivalent of Emperor Norton and crown him Emperor of America. It's not perfect but I'd be cool with it.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Forgall posted:

I wonder if Schmidt is even aware she exists?

I'd imagine he has to by now, but probably either a) is up his own rear end enough to agree with her and wish he could talk about his plans to enslave the untermensch too, or b) she developed something important 15 years ago and now he can't fire her unless he can train someone else in something only her and two other people know or c) some combination of the previous two, but is also terrified what she will do if he so much as tells her to tone it down.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Statistically speaking, there is a non-insignificant chance that at least one person in this thread is related to Charlemagne, the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), and/or Genghis Khan, so being descended from some dude who managed to not lose land to Vikings isn't really all that impressive.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Lowtax posted:

Somebody clue me in to who this person is and why people pay attention to the goofy rear end words they write.

Some lady who works for Google and did some social media stuff during the Occupy movement, now just rants on her lovely designed blog about how much better things would be if her boss was dictator for life of the USA and how much she wishes she could have slaves. What, don't you have someone like that working for Something Awful, some DBA or something who thinks you should become president for life and bring back slavery?

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

quote:

When you read my tweets, please remember that I once organized a far-left international grassroots social movement called @OccupyWallSt

"I once ran a twitter and tried to become the head of an leaderless movement that wasn't poo poo and had some cool ideas, so remember that when you read my lovely defenses of feudalism :keke:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

On the one hand, I want to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe that they totally wanted to create a app to warn people about areas with a lot of crime or stuff like "this bar has a lot of creepy guys hitting on women" but

quote:

It's never a great sign when an app's creators have to clarify that they are not "racists, bigots, [or] sexists" before the thing even launches. But in a phone interview with The Huffington Post, McGuire contended that an upvote-downvote rating system will keep super-racist posts from overrunning the app.

... so at least one of the app's creators have never been on Reddit before.

(I don't mean that as a generic "Hurr, reddit everything awful" comment, but it kinda shows a problem that you'll get far more racist people finding and downvoting a minority neighborhood they happen to not like than people scouring the map upvoting every minority neighborhood in an effort to counter the racists)

• Locked thread