Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
While I was visiting the old man in the hospital, I guess nine Crew reserves were able to win against all eleven of Indy Eleven. They were even able to escape with nary a torn ACL to be found. This is all well and good, but no one cares about the open cup, so I would have preferred for any other team to advance, because god knows an injury is lurking in the shadows of future matches against *checks US Open Cup schedule* fifth round powerhouses The Pittsburgh Riverhounds or The Chicago Fire B Team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Hello Towel posted:

Nah, Chicago's fielding an A team because it's basically all we've got this season.

Hope everything's all right with your family.

E: Fire game delayed due to weather.

I don't understand this mentality. For NASL/USL-PRO teams, sure. This is a cap to their season until fall kicks back in. It also helps a team's recognition in the miniscule US soccer market; however, MLS teams kicking on glorified college teams for a piece of molded metal with Lamar Hunt's name on it isn't something to shoot for mid-season. Especially during a world cup break. If your team is (un)lucky enough to not lose key players to international call ups, than rest/rehab/train for regular season games.

I'm guessing it's largely for hype or whatever, but the storyline of "So many upsets!" is laughable considering half of the people on the field are there trying to fight for first team minutes down the road. I hope there will never be a day when the Crew resort to "gently caress it" mode and just shoot for the shameful monument to Lamar Hunt. That's what happens when you get a listless three win D.C. United team only striving for a meaningless trophy.

Also, my pops is fine. He needed a hip replacement. :corsair:

Lucky bastard gets to spend the entire World Cup off work to recover. Thanks for the sentiment, though.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

people who are ultras support like this

people who are not support like ~*This*~

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

i can't fault people for buying cheap seats, drinking, and being obnoxious hipsters. it's quintessentially american.

capos, however, are a whole new level.

• Locked thread