Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

After 15 months in the making, FIFA 14 World Cup Edition is coming to older gen consoles (Xbox 360 and PS3) April 15th for North America and April 17th for the rest of the world. Despite earlier rumors that this was just going to be DLC for the current FIFA 14 title, this is going to be a full game release. The reason it’s not coming to new gen consoles is this

quote:

“When we made the decision we considered a number of factors but most importantly we wanted to create a great game within our development resources that could reach as many people as possible and the way to do that was make our best game yet on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. We gave our team the mandate of setting a laser focus on building the highest quality game for X360 and PS3 they could, and that’s exactly what they are doing.”

So essentially, they were either lazy, or FIFA 14 sales on new gen consoles didn’t do to well, especially in Brazil where the World Cup is going to happen. What the newer generation consoles can look forward to are some DLC within Ultimate Team.

Preordering will give you a few perks, but they hardly seem worth it.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-fifa+14+world+cup,28zu0
Game Stop is offering an Adidas All Star team to include the likes of Messi

http://www.amazon.com/Sports-2014-F...orld+Cup+Brazil
Amazon is offering 5 classic balls. Be still my beating heart.

Other preorder/bundles include a classic team featuring 38 different World Cup players and a celebration bundle.

So what’s new? EA’s made a few adjustments to the impact engine. Whether or not this means they’ve fixed the “OP headers” and “Blind Referee” is not known. There are a few other gameplay mechanics that have been changed.

World Class Control – 2 of the main mechanics changed here are Response Dribbling and Pinpoint Passing. Response Dribbling allows players to turn quickly at every angle and still control the ball. This is doubly effective when you slow down with the left trigger/L2. New fancy flicks and dribbles have also been added. Pinpoint passing gives you new animations and improvements that make for a cleaner pass. Some examples of this are more realistic clearances and outside the foot curling crosses.

Set Piece Tactics – You can now direct teammates to make runs, set up a screen in front of the keeper, and more to try to open up space and provide options when you’re on the attack. It’s not limited to just attacking though as the keeper can also direct teammates to cover unmarked players.

Over-the-Back Headers – Defenders and Attackers can now benefit from the ability to clear the ball, or pass it, in the opposite direction.

New Penalty Kicks – Penalty shootouts will undoubtedly be more common in this game then previous non-World Cup games. New mechanics to tune your shots have been brought in as well as new save animations. During normal time, players will now be lined up on the edge of the box ready to pounce on a blocked/or bodged shot. Keepers also have the ability to distract the kick-taker to include “wobbly-knees,” “The Matador,” and “The Shoot it There” motions.

Adidas Ball Physics – Ball physics has changed to where the ball reacts with the pitch and flies as it would in real life. This means weather will affect the movement of the ball. Other key notes are grass friction and the way a player handles a ball in rainy or wet conditions. Snow is supposedly going to be available as well. I’m not entirely sure that’s geographically correct.

EA has gone lengths to try to make the experience feel wholesome. Patriotic Presentation has been revamped to offer a more unique experience than in previous titles. Fans will wear their countries colors, sing the national anthem, dance and wave a mix of banners, flags and seat cards. As the game progresses, you’ll see “live” shots from 15 different locations around the world of the home town supports and their reactions to the game being played. All 12 stadiums have been worked over meticulously from the inside out to give a distinctive feel to each location.

One relief is that we won’t be subjected to recycled commentary during matches. Over 15 hours has been recorded to prepare for this game. It doesn’t stop there however. EA SPORTS Talk Radio will bring you tournament updates. This includes analyzing previous matches, and will comment on what you can expect in the upcoming match.

2014 FIFA World Cup offers you over 200 different teams, and 7,000 players to choose from. So this means you can pick your small Podunk country and have fun with it online and offline in one of the many game modes that are available.

Captain your Country returns this year with the promise of a new auto-positioning system that makes the mode easier for newer players. As before, you start from the bottom and work your way up the squad list before you eventually lead your country through qualifying matches and eventually, the World Cup. Other game modes include:

Road to the FIFA World Cup – Take control of one of the many teams and work your way through going qualifying rounds to the eventual World Cup. A staggering 32 players can play locally in this game mode, which is nuts.

Road to Rio de Janeiro – This online mode is much like seasons. You start in Arena da Amazonia with your selected team and stop by every stadium on your way to the world cup. Get promoted? Move on to the next stadium. Get demoted? Go back to the stadium you just came from.

Story of Finals – An hour after the whistle on every match, EA will be throwing in a series of challenges based on the results of that day. There will be different XP challenges that you can use over on the main FIFA 14 title.

2014 FIFA World Cup – You can play this online or locally, but it’s the way to play the authentic 2014 FIFA World Cup Tournament from the group stage up until the finals.

Story of Qualifying – During the process of the teams actually getting a chance to play in Brazil for the chance to lift the trophy, there were some memorable matches played in the qualifying rounds of the World Cup. These are largely scenario based, such as playing a 10 man France with 11 minutes to spare to beat Spain by two goals.

Additional Stuff – Local and Online friendlies will be available, as well as over 50 different and new skill games for you to waste your time with.

More Stuff:
Gameplay Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO1HNUoDzxQ
Official Website - http://www.easports.com/2014-fifa-world-cup
Debut Gameplay Reveal with Developers - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1gWgnVDwdc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmmmah
Oct 11, 2000
Forum Veteran
I would have liked to have seen ultimate team in this with classic world cup players in the mix, so a Fifa ultimate world cup team..

.. just me ?

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Are there any World Cup mods?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Don't we already have a FIFA thread

Jimmmmah
Oct 11, 2000
Forum Veteran
This is a new FIFA !

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Jimmmmah posted:

This is a new FIFA !
Is it?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Thanks to the generosity of the OP hooking up an xbox live code I gave this game a spin online and it is really loving bad. The gameplay is bad as hell, the only way to score is apparently chipped through balls over the defender and its miserable to play. It takes 9 minutes to control a pass and everyone is slow and moves like an oaf so all the games look like womens soccer. I'd rather chop off my own cock than play it any more.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
One FIFA thread wasn't enough I guess, not to contain all the meltdowns oozing out of it.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
I thought this was a thread for the Football World Cup rather than a children's videogame

blueyedevil
Apr 17, 2014

Popehoist posted:

I thought this was a thread for the Football World Cup rather than a children's videogame

...yo también... yo también...

It does like like a pretty nifty game though

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

One second, let me buy a generation old consolahahahaha.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Popehoist posted:

Same. Someone should get on that, I want to get all my banter needs satisfied before beach season begins, after that I'll be too busy trying to fit in my bikini to get a word in with the lads.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

One thread wasn't big enough to contain my rage.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Same. Someone should get on that, I want to get all my banter needs satisfied before beach season begins, after that I'll be too busy trying to fit in my bikini to get a word in with the lads.

Should probably wait until after the friendlies for squads to be finalized OP. My sticker book is a little factually loose after all.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
If itdoesn't have a more where you can dribble through the favelas of Rio with little kid versions of Ronaldinho and Ronaldo etc and score fancy backheel goals with a soda can in some lovely backyard then this game can suck my balls

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

ephex posted:

If itdoesn't have a more where you can dribble through the favelas of Rio with little kid versions of Ronaldinho and Ronaldo etc and score fancy backheel goals with a soda can in some lovely backyard then this game can suck my balls

Can't wait for the depressing and crushing FIFA street world cup 2014

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
gently caress this video game and this thread and its OP.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

MODS!?

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

those stadiums are missing construction crews

bad game

Bling Bling
Jun 9, 2001
Women are bitches since they won't fuck me.
Surely they can patch in 3D renders of construction workers falling to their death off the high scaffolding. First update, i'd assume.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Football games have been poo poo since Fifa 95 I hate this thread I thought it was about the actual World Cup

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

FIFA World Cup 98 best FIFA World Cup video game.

Also close this thread and ban the op.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

So is this a proper game with proper new stuff and not just bullshit features or is it just FIFA 2014 with the ability to hear some different music and watch some different cut scenes between the matches?

Didn't get FIFA 14 but I guess they removed the World Cup from the list of tournaments possible to play there too?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

euroboy posted:

So is this a proper game with proper new stuff and not just bullshit features or is it just FIFA 2014 with the ability to hear some different music and watch some different cut scenes between the matches?

Didn't get FIFA 14 but I guess they removed the World Cup from the list of tournaments possible to play there too?

Proper game but still poo poo.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

FIFA World Cup 98 best FIFA World Cup video game.

Also close this thread and ban the op.

Two footing the keeper when he came out to collect the ball, indoor 5 a side pitches and pinging the ball off the walls, phwoar

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
I know only me and Soulex are probably playing this game, but i got to say after giving it a go, i think this is game has an excellent feel. Tons of stuff got nerfed, accuracy of crosses into the box, over the top through balls, finesse from outside the box, and shot accuracy in general. Although i guess the game mechanics aren't inherently "fun", it is a lot more satisfying to actually string passes and runs together to result in a goal. That said, there are a TON of glitches and roster bullshit that EA has yet to address.

Should I buy this game?

no

vivisectvnv fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 22, 2014

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Should I buy this game?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Should I buy this game?

No.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can the thread title be more appropriate please I was expecting actual meatspace football not virtual football tia

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Hm, I guess I will not be buying this game.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
why is this thread about a video game? is the op disabled?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

tetsman posted:

Unironically and ironically, yes.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

tetsman posted:

He is

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Pissflaps posted:

harsh but true

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
OP has jetlegs now.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Dont we already have a million video game threads loving hell.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

Dont we already have a million video game threads loving hell.

It's like we have a whole subforum for that poo poo.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
*barges into thread with his caxirola going at full blast expecting to talk about the tournament and sees everyone sitting at their video game consoles instead*

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Should I buy this game?
No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Pissflaps posted:

• Locked thread