Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Cache Cab posted:

The issue for me is the level of toxic substances they put in the vaccines. I only shop at organic co-ops, store everything in glass bottles instead of plastic, and don't allow any unnatural cleaning products into my house, so why would I pump my kids full of inorganic substances?

The main problem is that these chemicals don't have a long track record. Every few years we learn that something was bad, and they've made a "better" vaccine.

I understand that some kids might get sick and maybe even die due to a lack of herd immunity, but how many are having mental issues from unregulated substances we're injecting into them? There are lots of mysterious deaths in childhood that have no answer, and vaccines can't be ruled out. Asking me to choose between vaccinating my kids and having other kids die is like asking me to vote for Bush or Kerry. I simply won't (I vote Green Party).

I think there is a large market out there for organic vaccines. I would definitely give my kids something to help them fight infections and diseases, but I will not do so until I am 100% sure it's safe. Can't somebody make vaccines fresh, without the need for preservatives? Even if they're ten times as expensive I'd use them. I want my kids to be safe, but right now neither option is going to achieve that.

I really hope this poster doesn't just up and leave, even though they probably will. I really would like to know what on earth would make someone think like this because it's so out there and insane.

Nice custom title though :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Cercadelmar posted:

Its regular price is 150$, how do people who believe in magic writing untensils afford to get scammed so much?

After a certain point in life, you see enough of this poo poo to wonder why you weren't smart enough to come up with a scam like that yourself. As long as you craft the language as vague as possible so that you're not really claiming it does anything I guess you can make bank off of stupid people.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

QuarkJets posted:

Because deep down you'd know that you're a lovely person. It'd be easy to come up with some fake herbal supplement product and claim X, Y, and Z for a quick buck, but most people don't because most people have a conscience.

lovely people willing to scam the gullible create groups like anti-vaxxers

Considering how incredibly stupid and gullible people are, I really don't feel bad about it at all as long as it's a simple transaction where I sell my magic wand to a moron and they give me money for it.

Now if they use that to try and cure their kid of the measles (because obviously they didn't vaccinate) then yeah I'd feel bad.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

SinetheGuy posted:

Stealth edit:
Wonderful. It's pediatric chiropractic.

How is that even allowed.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Elderbean posted:

One thing that really hurts vaccination is the association with big business. I mean, it's perfectly understandable to be concerned about the level of self-interest that can develop when someone is selling a product that is essentially mandatory. Unfortunately the answer for a lot of people is chewing on berries and drinking carrot juice.

I don't know how any of them can look past the need for a large business to be able to deliver them really specific organic foods out of season but whatever.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

How is this even happening? Everywhere you look there are people saying "No seriously, that autism-vaccine thing is bullshit and they are perfectly safe" yet more and more people choose to believe otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

thespaceinvader posted:

Homeopathy is the belief that they threw Bin Laden's body in the sea to cure terrorism.

Doesn't it follow that adding a small amount is actually what makes the medicine work? Didn't we just make the ocean terrorism?

• Locked thread