Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Ddraig posted:

These people who think that disease warfare is an actual thing that people would be willing to use are slightly crazy. One of the defining features of disease is that it doesn't 'discriminate'. There's very few effective diseases that could be adapted into a weapon that would not be equally as devastating to the people unleashing it.

I mean, even during the Middle Ages this principle was sort of understood. The whole Momento Mori/Danse Macabre motif specifically showed that nobody was immune to the effects of the plague. Everyone from peasants to royalty, death came for all.

So what you're saying is....

:unsmigghh:

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Some anti-vaccination folks on Twitter are claiming the Duncan Ebola case is a hoax to scare people into getting vaccinated for things.

:negative:

Edit: Horking, I'm increasingly certain that sociopaths, at least, can be adequately socialized by a good upbringing.

Ebola?! I better get a flu shot and MMR!

Seriously though, get your flu shots people, and encourage everyone else to get flu shots. Don't skip it because "I never get sick anyway". You'll help protect the elderly and children and people with compromised immune systems who nevertheless need to go grocery shopping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

MythLisp posted:

They also are friends with a few anti-vaccine (mostly deregistered) wholistic doctors, one which told her that if there was a polio outbreak, sure, get the kids the polio vaccine then, but if there isn't there is no need for it.

I like this reasoning a lot. Seat belts? No need to wear them, just quickly put one on when you're about to be hit by another vehicle going 70 MPH down the highway next to you. :hurr:

You know what would happen to cause a Polio outbreak? If people who aren't protected from it like your kids contract Polio. Man that is painful to read.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
We should mandate vaccines just like we mandate seat belts, as a matter of public health.

• Locked thread