Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

alansmithee posted:

You all were wrong because the hero in the new art was actually Ant-Man. He'll be released to drum up support for the floundering movie.

So it's like Squirrel Girl but with ants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Zeike posted:

Doomsaw said that a hero from the new art will be released tomorrow.

Wait its an un-announced hero and he'll be out in game tomorrow or just its identity?

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!

Reed most fun hero 2014.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
HAW-HAW-HAWWWWWWW-- *ribbit*

FROG WAS HERE

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Pile of bricks confirmed for 2015

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Mystique for tomorrow, with a random selection of powers from all heroes each time you use a retcon.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

He never actually said it was a new playable hero, just that one of the characters in the image is tomorrow's surprise. So maybe a team-up?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

First off, Fantastic photo is fantastic. That's amazingly awesome.

Secondly, here's the speculation note from me because, I like trying to figure this out. Here's how they get a new hero out so soon:

1) Groot - model is already in game and voice work would be very easy as he says one line. That's his advantage.

2) Silver Surfer - model should be easy to make as it's mono-colored for the most part. Data mine (per community member, don't know how true) said a lot of his powers showed up in this TC patch. "first character released in 2015"...which starts tomorrow. :)

3) Rogue - model in game, power tree from Ms. Marvel storyline will be easy to implement, in Gambit ultimate, she is basically rigged too.

4) Nick Fury - summoner, lots of new summonable items lately, model in game, got some voice work already, rigged most likely. Bad: Not in art teaser.

5) Magik - model in game, team up (need I say more), rumors she has already been worked on.

6) Dr. Doom - villain in game already, says "UNGH" a lot so voice work might as well be done (that's all he should say), foot dive.

I think it's 1 of these 6. My guesses in order of what I personally think are:

Silver Surfer>Groot>Nick Fury>Magik>Dr. Doom>Rogue

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

More of this guy!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I don't care if you hate Mr Fabolous or not, that guy is gonna be tons of fun.

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance
Will 2015 make the game feel less...clunky? Path of Exile has the same issue where the game just doesn't *feel* as nice compared to Torchlight 2 or Diablo 3.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

Pindakaas posted:

More of this guy!

This is everything I wanted from Fantastic Dad

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

" Doomsaw_gazillion: Tomorrow heralds in a new year, which is awesome. I will tease a Mr Fantastic screenshot, he is epic."

Book it, Silver Surfer. If I'm wrong, person posting underneath me gets a random of gift of something.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Pindakaas posted:

More of this guy!

:neckbeard:

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

fookolt posted:

Will 2015 make the game feel less...clunky? Path of Exile has the same issue where the game just doesn't *feel* as nice compared to Torchlight 2 or Diablo 3.
Who've you been playing? Because just from personal experience, Nightcrawler is worlds away from, say, Colossus in terms of smooth motion, and even Taskmaster ruined me for going back to D3's Demon Hunter.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Who've you been playing? Because just from personal experience, Nightcrawler is worlds away from, say, Colossus in terms of smooth motion, and even Taskmaster ruined me for going back to D3's Demon Hunter.

I've mostly been playing Human Torch with a little bit of Taskmaster and Squirrel Girl and I'm definitely not saying the game is bad or feels bad. It might be just the quality of the art/animations or something.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I'd wager PoE doesn't play or feel as well as loving Diablo 2 or a nail in your dick. I couldn't stand more than thirty minutes of that clunky piece of poo poo, but I know I'm a minority since it's insanely popular. I've asked what I'm missing but the funny thing about calling a game a flaming piece of liquid poo poo and asking a person that likes it why they like: It doesn't go over well.

At least I have Marvel Heroes as well as ye olde Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I hope it's not Silver Surfer I hate him and refuse to buy him, unless he's good.

Vafthrudnir
Apr 6, 2009

FRUNGY! FRUNGY! FRUNGY!
Is it worth getting a Team-up? 400 is a poo poo ton of splinters for how casually I'm playing and I'd like to get Iron Man or Deadpool someday.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Ahundredbux posted:

Pile of bricks confirmed for 2015

Finally

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

PervertedLogic posted:

or Silver Surfer. It's probably Groot, but I wish it was Rogue.

edit: I wonder how they are going to do Surfer. He just surfs and shoots beams (from what I can remember).

Does he ever smack anyone around with his board? I see Silver Surfer as more of a team-up than a playable hero. As already mentioned he does not have a wide variety of powers to fill three skill trees. Also what would they do for alternate costumes? Has he ever had significantly different costumes or other characters get his powers?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

fookolt posted:

I've mostly been playing Human Torch with a little bit of Taskmaster and Squirrel Girl and I'm definitely not saying the game is bad or feels bad. It might be just the quality of the art/animations or something.
Yeah, part of it's definitely that some people's animations don't transition as smoothly into others (like people whose shoulder-charge kind of abilities just have a 1s cooldown some of the time?), and some people have a little cast-time built into their abilities that doesn't help any (HT being a prime candidate, his thing that throws a burning 4 onto the ground just stops you dead in your tracks to huck the thing). Dr. Strange is another one of those---I love playing him, but you definitely have to get into a rhythm with his spellcasting or else it feels like riding a bike with square wheels.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Midnightghoul posted:

I hope it's not Silver Surfer I hate him and refuse to buy him, unless he's good.

If he's anything like the Silver Surfer NES game I wanted back as a kid he'll die in one goddamn hit and still give me nightmares to this day.

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

Vafthrudnir posted:

Is it worth getting a Team-up? 400 is a poo poo ton of splinters for how casually I'm playing and I'd like to get Iron Man or Deadpool someday.

Not really, my spidey team up dies all the time and I only bring him out if I need a boss tanked for a short while. Glad I didn't impulse buy that team up advance pack.

Should note that they do come with a pretty huge inventory so you can store more crap there so get it for that alone.

PervertedLogic
Aug 14, 2003

Eiffel On You posted:

" Doomsaw_gazillion: Tomorrow heralds in a new year, which is awesome. I will tease a Mr Fantastic screenshot, he is epic."

Book it, Silver Surfer. If I'm wrong, person posting underneath me gets a random of gift of something.

Yeah probably surfer. Boo.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

MH Knights posted:

Does he ever smack anyone around with his board? I see Silver Surfer as more of a team-up than a playable hero. As already mentioned he does not have a wide variety of powers to fill three skill trees. Also what would they do for alternate costumes? Has he ever had significantly different costumes or other characters get his powers?

Silver Surfer will probably be ranged energy with a few token melee moves. He mostly blasts things with the Power Cosmic and sends his board to whomp people (hello biggest rebound power in the game). I bet he'll be a lot like Ms. Marvel if her ranged powers were better than her melee.

Costumes? Only need one.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Vafthrudnir posted:

I like my teamup sometimes, it's handy to call her out if I am soloing and want to distract a boss.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

PervertedLogic posted:

Yeah probably surfer. Boo.

Seriously that's probably the announced character I cared about the least

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Eiffel On You posted:

Nick Fury>Magik>Dr. Doom>

They arent even in the art :raise:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Midnightghoul posted:

Seriously that's probably the announced character I cared about the least

Then it's good news. Now you don't have a whole month that's disappointing.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Zeike posted:

They arent even in the art :raise:

Never trust the Doomsaw verbatim.

Tribalsage from official forums had to remove some SS information and a thread got deleted showing some datamine info about Surfer Man.

He was asked to remove his info and did it he said.

I'm going all in on Surfer now. I'll try to get some proof so you all don't think I'm blowing smoke here.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Surfer is the only announced hero I've been waiting for, so I hope it is him.

Vafthrudnir
Apr 6, 2009

FRUNGY! FRUNGY! FRUNGY!

Pindakaas posted:

Should note that they do come with a pretty huge inventory so you can store more crap there so get it for that alone.

Is that different from the weird stash window you get for Teamups? Because you get that even if you don't have any, that's where I've been dumping my runes so far.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I do too. drat it I don't know what to believe. I'm done posting about it until tomorrow.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
I'll be all over Surfer day one. If you can't dig ridiculous 60s scifi you're playing the wrong game.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Eiffel On You posted:

Never trust the Doomsaw verbatim.

Tribalsage from official forums had to remove some SS information and a thread got deleted showing some datamine info about Surfer Man.

He was asked to remove his info and did it he said.

I'm going all in on Surfer now. I'll try to get some proof so you all don't think I'm blowing smoke here.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I'm with ICR, there's no way it's not Surfer after all the datamining and coy language. It's not like he's a hard hero to implement in secret. Pure silver dude model floating around on a board. No walk/run/roll animations needed, just give him some beams and call it a day.

My only disappointment is that his ult isn't going to be Galactus reaching down from the heavens and scooping up all the enemies on the screen like a fistful of jellybeans.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Weed Herald of Galactus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

Can't wait to play Harold.

• Locked thread