Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance

Sion posted:

Yeah >.>

Cool :) Also do the legendary quests have an endpoint? I've done like 5 sections so far and I have no idea if I'm making any progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
Man, that Doomsaw is going right on Moon Knight. Proc cower all day.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

fookolt posted:

Cool :) Also do the legendary quests have an endpoint? I've done like 5 sections so far and I have no idea if I'm making any progress.

Legendary Quests are just random repeatable quests for Odin Marks/Exp/Credits. You can do an infinite amount

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Went on TC this morning to check out Cable. I lost some DPS and now my life is over. RIP MH, 2013-2014 (2015 Gaz time).

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

fookolt posted:

Legendary quests reroll a random one after you complete your current one. There's no end point for them, they just give you XP and Odin marks.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

fookolt posted:

By "swap out" you mean leave the instance and enter a new one via the terminals?
You can also select Midtown from the transporter pad, while within Midtown, if you're eligible to enter the next level-bracket of the instance (so if you're at 34, level up to 36 through boss loot explosions, and go to the pad, it'll just let you jump into the next tier without having to go back to a base like the tower/mansion first).

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Rufio posted:

Went on TC this morning to check out Cable. I lost some DPS and now my life is over. RIP MH, 2013-2014 (2015 Gaz time).

It's okay if you farm up 2000 omega points you can get back to where you were.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Lux Aeterna posted:

Yeah I don't think you can get all the affixes he wanted.

Also after looking at omegas and raids, there is 0 reason in my mind to slot a core that doesn't have 2sec invuln and either hp/sp or 400loh. Those 2 stats just don't exist anywhere else.

Actually there is that SHIELD medikit tree in the special weapons department. It costs a lot of points, but you can fashion the HP/SP core for yourself from that. Or stack it on top of it and be immortal.

and

Lux Aeterna posted:

There's definitely a lot better offensive stuff than defensive stuff and for the most part; Gaz has defined +1 any attribute to be worth around 200-250 omega points. All of the % damage increases still either seem to be off base damage or are rolled up in some way to not actually be a true 1:1 increase. It makes the damage increases significantly less powerful than they appear to be and you're looking at consistently better gains by getting another skill point and then getting omegas to potentially boost it.

Which is what makes Limitless (neural enhancement) one of my favorites, 250pts first level +5 points each level after that. Get +1 speed, int and fighting for each rank, but you have to follow the candy pills SHIELD drops for you otherwise you're sitting at 1 total speed, int and fighting when you aren't tripping balls on designer drugs.

Also Goblin formula seems silly and neat, 1% chance on hit to go insane for 10s and get +5 str and I don't remember the cost of it but it was pretty cheap. Just keep dumping more chemicals in your body, it's the right way to gain power.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I know the rate of omega point gains will probably change, but it's currently 10 points for leveling from 1 to 60. Does anyone know how much exp that ends up being per omega point? It seems like if you're doing LQs or whatever at level 60, you'd actually gain points relatively quickly. I know there are nodes with costs of like 2500 points and stuff like that but I could see people playing at level 60 with decent exp synergies getting 5k points within a couple months even without being a king poopsocker.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

Just keep dumping more chemicals in your body, it's the right way to gain power.

It is pretty much the best way to play Fallout.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

Legendary quests reroll a random one after you complete your current one. There's no end point for them, they just give you XP and Odin marks.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

You can also select Midtown from the transporter pad, while within Midtown, if you're eligible to enter the next level-bracket of the instance (so if you're at 34, level up to 36 through boss loot explosions, and go to the pad, it'll just let you jump into the next tier without having to go back to a base like the tower/mansion first).

Cool, thank you to both of you!

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Grinning Goblin posted:

Agree 100%

That's why my Hulk will be the druggiest one there is. Like a big green supermutant hitting the jet, psycho, mentats and all the other wonderful substances.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Grinning Goblin posted:

Which obviously makes it the best way to play any game worth playing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
RNG in this game hates me. Realized if i put 20bux in, I could get 3 950 costumes, so I did it; bought Warbird and Agent of Sword for Ms Marvel, Romani Scarlett Witch and got FF Thing, Original Ghost Rider and Origonal Cap. The last 2 I already have. Thanks game! I have barely any costumes and I somehow keep getting the same ones from random boxes. It loves to give me one of the 2 GR Costumes.

At least I got lots to grind once Unstable Molecules start dropping from Xdefense chests.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

fookolt posted:

If you hit L that will bring up your quest log. Click on the one that says Legendary Quests(I think it's near the top above the chapters) and it will tell you what chapter and which area you need to go in order to finish the quest.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

You're going to get 5 unstable molecules in the 1 year item bonanza, so don't feel the need to grind too much :)

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Harlock posted:

You're going to get 5 unstable molecules in the 1 year item bonanza, so don't feel the need to grind too much :)

That's not very many.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Suprfli6 posted:

It seems like if you're doing LQs or whatever at level 60, you'd actually gain points relatively quickly.

In the previous build you got around 40% per level 60 LQ. Can't test now because I'm over the cap :v:

edit: at level 30 I got 10+%

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Suprfli6 posted:

I know the rate of omega point gains will probably change, but it's currently 10 points for leveling from 1 to 60. Does anyone know how much exp that ends up being per omega point? It seems like if you're doing LQs or whatever at level 60, you'd actually gain points relatively quickly. I know there are nodes with costs of like 2500 points and stuff like that but I could see people playing at level 60 with decent exp synergies getting 5k points within a couple months even without being a king poopsocker.

It's weird because there is not set amount of XP to earn per point, it's all scaled to your level. So you won't be falling behind by playing a non-60 character, though it will still be the case that earning XP as fast as you can will be the way to do them. So that means doing LQs (and maybe Daily Quests if they also have great XP bonus) in areas with high XP modifiers. Terminals (red and cosmic), SH story, high wave holosim.

To reach their projection of 5000 pts in 1 year, you'd have to earn just about 14 omega points a day on average.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HUMAN FISH posted:

In the previous build you got around 40% per level 60 LQ. Can't test now because I'm over the cap :v:

edit: at level 30 I got 10+%

So it sounds like they're not that bad, it's just something off with the 1-60 potion.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Zombie Samurai posted:

Actually if they really are putting Unstable Molecules back on the drop tables then I'm going to be grinding up all my costumes anyway.

I got a molecule last night in Midtown on the live servers.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Also I dunno if this is new but Punisher's Lock and Load now breaks CC and his DR to terrified is now DR to unaware.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What does Punisher have that makes enemies unaware of him?

Kryopsis
Jun 30, 2012

Shapes and colours the likes of which I've never seen!

StashAugustine posted:

Also I dunno if this is new but Punisher's Lock and Load now breaks CC and his DR to terrified is now DR to unaware.

That was in the patch notes.

Aphrodite posted:

Disposable team-mates with flashy dumb effects like flaming skulls and shiny shields with stars on them.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Bullets. Can't be aware of much when you're dead.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

Lux Aeterna posted:

It's okay if you farm up 2000 omega points you can get back to where you were.

hi I am not actually crying cause I'm not a entitled babby player. Also DPS isn't everything and Cable's survivability actually improved a lot.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Are there any places with details on the various Omega system trees? I'd like to see what kinda stuff you can get.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

StashAugustine posted:

His DR was always to unaware and different devs have stated that fear both does and does not count as unaware. :gaz:

The only real ways for him to trigger that passive are Hand Assassin Ninja Tabi, Loki PvP ring, and Invis on medkit.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Well, fear, but it now applies more broadly.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Toshimo posted:

His DR was always to unaware and different devs have stated that fear both does and does not count as unaware. :gaz:

The only real ways for him to trigger that passive are Hand Assassin Ninja Tabi, Loki PvP ring, and Invis on medkit.

I'm not saying it's good but there's quite a bit of invis stuff floating around like the Shi'ar Cloaking Device, SHIELD stealth belt (more +unaware DR) or even lunar eclipse off the top of my head.

You can also blast away at the blues in Xdef, right?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Yeah, it applies to people who just aren't targeting you for whatever reason.

So Nightcrawler's teleport appears to no longer break stealth. Did I hear Bamf Bomb got buffed? (Also there needs to be a better way to farm Grim Reaper medallions if I want a cosmic.)

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Doomsaw said that a hero from the new art will be released tomorrow.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

So Nightcrawler's teleport appears to no longer break stealth. Did I hear Bamf Bomb got buffed? (Also there needs to be a better way to farm Grim Reaper medallions if I want a cosmic.)

I'd imagine that at some point they will possibly make a Grim Reaper terminal. Maybe. I figure that him, Elektra, Tombstone, Lady Deathstrike, Sauron, and Malekith all have a decent chance at getting their own terminals at some point.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Zeike posted:

He also just posted that the new omega cap is 7500, not 5000.

There are ongoing vote threads he's making and posting spoilers as rewards in the general MH forum.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zeike posted:

Wait if Rogue isnt coming until late 2014/Early 2015 then doesn't that mean it's Groot?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

RatHat posted:

Wait if Rogue isnt coming until late 2014/Early 2015 then doesn't that mean it's Groot?

That's who I'm going with.

PervertedLogic
Aug 14, 2003

or Silver Surfer. It's probably Groot, but I wish it was Rogue.

edit: I wonder how they are going to do Surfer. He just surfs and shoots beams (from what I can remember).

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Have they announced when Venom will be released? I've loved that dude since Amazing #299.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

RatHat posted:

Late 2014 would be today and 2015 starts with the one year patch in their funky season system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Zeike posted:

You all were wrong because the hero in the new art was actually Ant-Man. He'll be released to drum up support for the floundering movie.

• Locked thread