Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
In the "Shield has an inexplicable problem" category.

The Shield can't see my Synology NAS when trying to add remote storage. I posted logs to NVidia's support forums and got quick and great response. They claim that my "NetBIOS" isn't working and the Shield be able to perform a NetBIOS resolution even when trying to add manually via an IP address.

Fun part is that it Plex sees my the NAS Plex server fine, and other apps from the Play store can find it fine. Likewise for everything else on my network with shares ongoing. The Shield can even find those with no issues.

If anyone has a weird crazy idea on something to try I'm all ears, but pretty much at a loss at this point and going to turn the Sheild into a playback machine to the TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Paw Patrol has the similar 2 episodes in 1 episode issue, but it's not consistent.

Here's how I have them named that makes it work well with Plex:

2in1: Paw Patrol - S06E13-E14 - Pups Save Gustavos Guitar - Pups Save the Yoga Goats
Singles: Paw Patrol - S06E15 - Mighty Pups, Super Paws When Super Kitties Attack

It will show E13 and E14 separate in the GUI. When you play either episode it will play the same file from the beginning. When you finish watching it then both will be marked as played.

Currently there doesn't seem to be a better workaround.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
On Sonarr and multiple seasons: It doesn't support downloading files that have more than 1 season in them at this time.

I've got a Intel v9 chip and only had it struggle on one file type so far: a 10bit 4k HEVC HDR10 movie.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Day 1 of my 8-bay NAS: Holy poo poo this thing is so loud in the room next door with the door closed

Day 100 of my 8-bay NAS: Can use it as a pillow

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Overseerr vs. Ombi - any good reason to choose one over the other?

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Takes No Damage posted:

*anime has entered the chat*

Now imagine if all your shows where just numbered 1 > infinity instead of by season, and they all had a bunch of specials and movies that chronologically fit into the main plot but still get grouped off into the Specials folder so you need to replace the Series Summary text with a watch order cheatsheet :negative:

I have some TV shows which seem to just play specials automatically in the middle of a season based on air date.

I assumed this was default behavior of Plex for all shows with specials, but haven't looked into it.

Caveat that I have no anime which may act completely differently.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Matt Zerella posted:

Just remember if you restrict to PG, Poltergeist is going to slip through :ohdear:

And if you restrict to G then Tora! Tora! Tora! slips through. My brother in law approves, but my sister isn't as happy.

My solution was to tag everything my sister selects as appropriate for her kids and then limit the kids account to only items with those tags.

TV shows you can tag the series, but movies you gotta do all 1 by 1 even if they're in a collection. Ultimately I think it's the right design decision to err on the side of caution, but it does mean I have to spend 3 minutes every month or so updating tags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Any threads or good resources for IPTV?

I stumbled across this GitHub which has a ton of globally free streams. https://iptv-org.github.io/ [mods: I understand these as publicly free, but please edit/delete if I'm mistaken]

I'd love to set something up with some of these streams such that I can use them both locally and let family connect to use as well. I currently only have Plex connections public via port translation and would prefer not to open anything more complicated than that until I have time to set up proper security and reverse proxies.

E: Basically I'd love to have something as simple as Plex for friends and family to use, but for IPTV.

Aredna fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Apr 4, 2024