Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

FCKGW posted:

RARFlix on Roku (a modified Plex install) has the ability to continuously play random episodes from a specific series.

Sidenote: RARFlix is loving awesome. I had some serious issues (freezing, dropped packets) with the Plex app, and even tried out a beta Plex app at Plex's suggestion, and none of it worked. RARFlix worked great and fixed everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

TraderStav posted:

Amazon and HBO announced today that Prime video is getting HBO shows. I don't know if that includes current runs or just completed seasons.

I read somewhere that it was mainly old stuff (Sopranos, The Wire).

e;f,b

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

jonathan posted:

So my prior complaints about plex unable to stream locally or remotely... They're still an issue however I found out if I reboot my plex server it will stream fine even at 1080p for 2 days or so. I am not sure if just restarting the service works. Could this be a memory leak ?

Sounds like it to me

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
holy poo poo please shut up

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
What addons do you guys run? I recently discovered PlexPy and it's pretty sweet!

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Ali Aces posted:

I run it on ubuntu server and have been quite happy with it. Installation and updates are as simple as "dpkg -i <filename.deb>". Only downside is you do have to be aware of permissions. I have a cron job just resetting permissions on my incoming videos folder regularly because I suck with them.

Are you my twin? This is *exactly* what I do.

Works seamlessly.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Plex goes on sale today for $120, and I bought it early this morning for $149 :suicide:

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
If I wanted to play Emby on my LG Smart TV, how would that work? I have a Plex client on the TV. Do they make Emby boxes or something?

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
I'm running Emby on the same media server as my Plex instance. The management interface is awful in comparison to Plex's, but I don't often need to access it that way.

I'm still scanning my media, so we'll see what happens when I get it up and running with everything.

At least it has Chromecast support. Hopefully soon, it'll have LG webOS support for my TV.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Lawen posted:

The latter, but they automatically rename stuff and move it into your Plex library too.

How does sonarr compare to something like FileBot?

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Anyone using XPlay as a Plex client alternative on LG Smart TVs? The official client is awful and nerds over on Reddit recommend XPlay but I wanted to hear some actual anecdotes if anyone has any.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Irritated Goat posted:

I'm running into a kinda weird issue. I've got 1 TV show and 1 movie that just can't seem to grab metadata. Plex knows what they are. I've done a "Fix Match" on both. Cleared the agent cache. It just spins and never finds anything.

Try renaming the file? IIRC, Plex is picky about the naming and chokes if something is like Movie_1.mkv instead of like Snow.White.mkv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
How is the Plex app on Apple TV 4K? It's slow as poo poo on my LG TV app, and it's frustrating as hell.