Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-Square
May 14, 2009

I haven't had an E30 for a few years now, but I'm a bit curious about replacing u-joints. I've never been able to find anything other than "BMW driveshafts are un-serviceable" and just had a shop machine out the holes for slightly bigger u-joints on my old 325iS. Is there somewhere you can find u-joints that fit without modification? For...future reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Cross-posting from BMW thread with a question:

T-Square posted:

Anyone ever run a baffle in an M20B25 oil pan? I really really really would like to track my car later on in the year, and I think we all know what the stock motor likes to do. I can't seem to dig anything up on them but speculation as to whether or not they work from like 5 years ago, but is welding them in the only option? Can you even weld them into a stock oil pan? I'm looking at the Ireland Engineering baffle, FWIW.

Also, PartyAlarm, did you mention you were going to make a batch of those bitchin' driver side vent gauge pods? I'm extremely interested in one if you ever crank some out. Why yes, these two questions are related, why do you ask? :ninja:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

revmoo posted:

Holy poo poo that car is cherry. Haven't seen an uncracked E30 dash in a long time.

Mine only has like a 1CM crack at the corner of one of the vents, so it's pretty hard to see.

It also has a hole in the floor, no bottoms on the fenders, rusty rockers, and a rusty rear valance. :q:

• Locked thread