Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Count Roland posted:

I am currently on my 2nd free trial for Fight Pass. I wonder if I can get a third?

I'm in my 3rd month of non-trial FightPass and they have yet to figure out how to bill my credit card.
Usually I'd be okay with this, but my "ORDNUNG MUSS SEIN!!"-sense is tingling and I almost feel like dropping them a line to sorta kinda unfuck their poo poo or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

That rant about how humanity is completely content with shoveling unhealthy foods into their bodies and how people need to break the cycle is the exact same one my sister keeps giving my family about veganism.

Except this dude lobs chunks of butter into his coffee as a remedy.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

DjLando posted:

Just bought Fight Pass and watched the last Fight Night; where can I find the prelims on ufc.tv? It's weird, but can't find them anywhere. Were they broadcasted somewhere else?

Welcome to Fight Pass. You can't. That's normal. Sorta kinda. Welcome to Fight Pass.
Now enjoy the amazing FightLibrary.

In other, more irrelevant (but still UFC-)news:
Not-quite-so-new UFC fighter/european hopeful/icelandic bjjjesus on a 3-0 streak in the octagon Gunnar "Gunni" Nelson will display is world-class cagefighter skills by partaking in a tournament for all the...uh, marbles, I guess, versus 10 opponents, all of whom are either staff of CCP Games or special guests of the annual "Fanfest" convention for the internet spaceship game EVE Online.

quote:

During EVE OF DESTRUCTION, Nelson will face off against CCP Games staff members and special guests in 10 back-to-back, one-versus-one wrestling matches in a fighting cage on loan from Mjölnir MMA Gym, his home training ground. The winner of each match is determined by submission, with unlimited time per round and only enough time between rounds for the introduction of the next competitor.

“The fighting itself will be very serious,” said Ragnar “CCP Loki” Eđvaldsson, the fight’s promoter. “We aim to defeat this world-class athlete and the team has been training hard for many months at Mjölnir to do so. What is the distance between a person at the top of the pyramid and those who strive to get there? Tune in to find out.”

Sveinn “CCP Guard/Mister G” Kjarval, who wears several hats as Community Developer for EVE Online, lead singer of Permaband and merciless coach of the CCP team, describes the EVE OF DESTRUCTION event as the “single greatest spectacle of athleticism” ever conceived, rivaled only by the “Brain vs. Pain” Chessboxing match held at Fanfest 2011. He promises “flailing, half-strength maneuvers” from his disciples that will “possibly, eventually have a 2% chance at best of causing this human tornado of devastation to pause and laugh just long enough that we get super lucky.”

Since I, a part-time eve-nerd, am still being prodded by my "peers" to go to Fanfest, I'm pretty sure I could whoop this scandinavian messiah for the greater good of the PSP mantlepiece. I mean, I've got like 45 pounds and 8 inches reach on him and "flailing, half-strength maneuvers" is right the gently caress up my alley. He doesn't even have a viking-related nickname. I've got this.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

DjLando posted:

Ok thanks for the feedback; will stop searching then :)

For posterity: The FightLibrary there is really good, that "amazing" wasn't sarcastig, you're actually getting your money's worth. The thing about FightPass (that isn't the hilarious fuckups here and there)is that it could just be that much better.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

-Atom- posted:

Also how in the hell is Charlie Brenneman still a UFC fighter? I thought we came to the conclusion a long time ago that he's garbage.

The only thing about him I remember is some hype after he won a fight when he was the underdog and then...well, I remember nothing about him and the one thing I knew, I forgot.
I'd be shocked if I was the only one.

• Locked thread