Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Freddie dos mercurios

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Took me a sec...

So we're still hanging out for some big DW announcement yeah? Other than metro pcs becoming solvent this month as 1000 different bum fighters get current on their phone bills.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I care about Urijah Hall because that camera whip from everyone on TUF having a crazy fun time all together at Hooters to him drinking a glass of lemonade at a table by himself just glowering is the single greatest 3 seconds of TV there's ever been.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
How exactly does one become COCK STRONG

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Man TUF injury: Cock bitten off by dogs

Woman TUF injury: Strong cock destroys knee

Brazilian TUF injury: Wanderlei gets drunk and looks like a cock

Chinese TUF injury: gov't mandated rooster in charge of production accidentally eaten

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Apr 2, 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

quote:

bypasses your digestive system and gets right to your blood and right to your brain

Sounds healthy as gently caress Keith, thanks!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I didn't see anything real damning in there. I think people just made a bigger deal out of Duane being there than it was, both sides have already mentioned how there wasn't really a contract signed or an real agreement made. They knew ahead of time that he at least MIGHT not be a permanent fixture.

The thing I wonder about is if Faber or anyone else had hurt feelings from the whole "Ludwig joined = everyone started winning" thing from last year.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 3, 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

-Atom- posted:

I wonder if there was some kind of drama, but it seems odd to me that Faber would downplay his involvement when everyone in that camp was singing his praises on top of every media outlet.

But what's the alternative? Telling the media they're losing the key piece of last years success over what sounds like pretty benign circumstances and they're all super worried about it?

To me it just sounds like they couldn't finalize a deal that would make Duane move all his poo poo to Sacramento and they amicably said aggh dangit and are trying to move on.

Edit: Or what mewse said

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Bundt Cake posted:

So team alpha males fans are rationalizing this as well

I'm actually a really really big fan of their no title streak and in particular Fabers' loss to Mike Brown that started it all. I just figure if there really was bad blood someone would've bitched about it in public by now. Guess I'm jumping the gun calling it an amicable split, it just doesn't sound like anything really bad.

In reality I'm trying to gun for a herb defender style AV replacement with Danny Castillo.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Droopy Goines posted:

I was bored so I found some MMA threads from 2003-2006:

2004-06-27 - [MMA] Apparently, Sapp is done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CpPJmmC2XU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

maffew buildings posted:

and thats why jon jones lost the picking up and stacking tires construction machine challenge to sonnen

The only thing keeping that entire season from being perfect and pure is Chael's loss. Just hours upon hours of video of Jones and Jones related fighters getting clowned left and right.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Keith Jardines Mean Bean Machine

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Try to get tickets off the floor, approx 10-20 rows up (assuming you have stadium seating). You'll end up with a view above the cage and it's pretty much the best you're going to get besides right up beside the fights. Good luck!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Bluedeanie posted:

On the flipside (and full disclosure, this was a concert and not the octagon) I've been to shows in seats that were technically "obstructed view" but were right under the jumbotron instead of behind it, so I actually had near-floor seats right behind the performer for way cheaper than what it should have been.
So there's ways it can work out but I wouldn't bank on it.

One time I worked security for a Pearl Jam benefit concert at Key Arena in Seattle. I'm a 125 lb weakling so my job was to make sure no one sat in one of these sections. Pretty much got paid to watch a Pearl Jam concert with the only caveat being I had to stand the whole time. Then I got home and my girlfriend at the time surprised me with tickets to the 2nd night of these shows. I don't even like Pearl Jam that much.

For my derail sins here's jon jones being asked to JUST BLEED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3XhvSvLLoA

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Jake Shields stalled long enough that even the horse jokes aren't welcome anymore. What more does he really have to accomplish?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Erik Perez is the cool small Mexican fighter who wears a Luchadore mask in his walkout and was one of the last men to KO Ken "I just got knocked out again" Stone.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Caraway and Tate are also the only two people I can recall getting into any sort of actual nastiness with the Team Alpha Male's. They are poo poo people by all accounts.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Ariza posted:

MMA gossip is the worst gossip. This poo poo is almost as bad as gay GSP rumors. "One time this one person said this one thing..."

I was under the impression that story was confirmed, but I guess it got as far as Helwani asking her about it and her saying she didn't hear about that and wouldn't talk about why. MY BAD. Please refer to the bevy of other reasons Tate and Caraway are loving awful.

Yuriy posted:

I wonder how long it took for them to find an angle where Renan looked normal

I was about to say the same thing and without a hint of irony agree that it was an accomplishment.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
WILL KIMBO REPLACE THE INJURED WANDERLEI SILVA!?!? TUNE IN NEXT WEEK

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I give enough of a poo poo about Mighty Mouse but I give a poo poo more about Rory Mac losing in a violent fashion.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

gimpsuitjones posted:

No way Lombard/Diaz isn't a 5 rounder

Winner gets a title shot lol

+ It's against Tyron Woodley

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Marching Powder posted:

he said he has enough for a nice house

Anderson was a shock, GSP/Hendricks and the hiatus was pretty wild but reading Nick Diaz quoted as saying "I have enough money to buy a nice house" really made me feel like it's a new era.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The fight library on fight pass is a lot better now.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Enjoying watching someone lose is not mutually exclusive with liking them (see: Stefan Struve).

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I wouldn't say I had that great of an opinion of Nick in the Condit fight, but god bless him for giving his full backing to his fans' denial of the obvious loss. And for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14TuicHBzkI

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
That last gif is such a great sequence, he starts going to the body and right when the elbows drop low enough he switches back to the head, then immediately dodges the counter like he had an egg timer on it. Goddamn.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Ewar Woowar posted:

While I love the thought of Hunt knocking out Schaub I kinda feel he should be getting someone a little better.

Eh, he's had a long layoff and has been punching upwards (figuratively this time) for a long time now.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
So she's like their Dora the explorer?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

nope

Edit: Forrest Griffin as unladylike supergirl was about as far down that rabbit hole I was willing to go.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Captain Log posted:

That's probably a normal sized dick an abnormally large man.

Ah yes, time for dick talk.

We already talked about Jon Jones trying to pirate fight pass.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

quote:

Shambling zombie, once struck by truck,
why do you keep getting up?
Do you know what it does to us
when you are hurt by men sized plus?

If anyone finds my poo poo around here let me know, think I lost it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
If it was real and prepared there is no way it goes down looking that silly. The Chael who shows up on fight day is incapable of pushing in such a effete manner.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Barnett is nowhere near stupid enough to get hit by the B(fat)RH. I don't think big Nog is really that stupid either but he's in the ballpark so when he got battered a few times he did end up stupid enough. You could probably put Barnett through a threshing machine and the gross bits that pop out the other end would still know how to beat Roy.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Senjuro posted:

Even when he takes people down he still manages to get caught in submissions a lot.

And when was the last time Wand submitted someone? And Chael hasn't been caught in a sub since his first Silva fight, almost 4 years ago. Not saying you're wrong, he's got avenues to win, I just wouldn't expect it to go down like that.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 14, 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Captain Log posted:

Wandy can knock Chael out? Quick name everyone who has knocked Chael out cold!

I was going to mention that too (as well as Wand looking like he was close on the Bisping Guillotine), but I do wonder about the punishment Chaels taken in his latest set of losses. People aren't even bothering to stay canon and triangle him anymore.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

coconono posted:

Hanging out with Gray Maynard doesn't sound fun at all.

Remember the promo show where they had Frankie and Gray watch their 2nd fight and Frankie is in a room with like 10 jersey shore extras having a fun time and Gray was alone in his kitchen with the thousand yard stare?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Well on the plus side at least one of them is right and that will be a first.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Jones/Gus is the only fight my girlfriend has ever watched twice, specifically to score it round by round and she picked Gus both times. She had no particular beef with Jon Jones at the time but has since been educated. Also you don't want to argue with her.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Panama Red posted:

So I'm interested in following UFC although I admittedly know very little, other than what little I've gleamed from watching the odd PRIDE fight back in the 2000s and a handful of UFC fights here and there, plus by playing around with the 2009 UFC video game. I like BJJ since it seems to be more about skill and technique than about sheer strength (correct me if I'm wrong), so Demian Mata and BJ Penn have been some of my favorite guys. I know Mata is ranked #8 in the welterweight division right now and I'm curious as to if he's passed his prime or not. I'd also like to know more about the current crop of guys who I might not be as familiar with. Even the guys I do know I know very little about their personalities and antics; I only knew that Wanderlei Silva used to destroy people, not that he's also an idiot until I saw some of this thread. Kinda curious as to what people think of Anderson Silva since I know there was a time he was completely dominant and everyone loved him but I picked up that he recently got KO'd while showboating or something to that effect.

edit: Also curious if there is a good MMA podcast people recommend, most of those that I've tried are fairly Opie & Anthony-style, and I'd like one that was just news and analysis without a lot of macho sideshow (I suspect that may be a bit much)

Hello sir!

The old pride fights are a good knowledge base to have. Demian Maia was recently looking hella resurgent since dropping down to middleweight but the he ran into a skid, losing to Jake Shields in a tough grappling heavy match and Rory Macdonald in a bad kickboxing heavy match. I would say he's still worthy of your love and still has a chance at relevance.

BJ Penn is actually returning very soon as a coach on The Ultimate Fighter show opposite of Frankie Edgar, the guy who took his belt. They're both down at 145, a weight we haven't seen BJ at in the UFC so that's exciting.

Anderson Silva is still a cool guy, but there's a lot of Weidman fans here too.

What other guys do you want to know about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Okami occasionally smiles whereas Maia is second only to Paulo Thiago for most constant mean mug. Maia always looks like someone just told him something disturbing and confusing.

• Locked thread