Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mewse
May 2, 2006

xcore posted:

I'm glad Pena clarified that she wasn't wearing a TUF rash guard. I was so worried this whole time.

Agreed this is a load off my mind. It's too bad that guy was cock hungry or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

USA! USA!

mewse
May 2, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I didn't see anything real damning in there. I think people just made a bigger deal out of Duane being there than it was, both sides have already mentioned how there wasn't really a contract signed or an real agreement made. They knew ahead of time that he at least MIGHT not be a permanent fixture.

This is exactly how I feel, it's like the media are trying to make this A Story and Faber's trying to remind them that TAM was a gym before Ludwig and remains a gym post-Ludwig.

Good coaches are good coaches, but Duane isn't the modern miracle that the media were trying to say he is.

The only douchey thing in Faber's comments were when he seemed to be trying to downplay Duane's contribution, but I feel like he was sorta pushed into it by the narrative the reporters are trying to build about the situation.

Bundt Cake posted:

Im not trying to drat him but hes pretending he didnt make a huge deal out of it for a year, and that Duane didn't change up their training even though everyone in the camp said he changed everything for a year straight, that there was no discernible reason people made a big deal out of it even though they were obviously better at striking and won 17 straight fights, then he suggests that Duane got more out of it than they did. Its like Duane broke up with him

Faber is a fighter, he's not going to sit around and say "welp we better close TAM now that duane ludwig is gone," he's going to focus on what's next

mewse
May 2, 2006

Our gym has suffered irreparable harm. We will never win fights again. *commits ritual seppuku at press conference*

mewse
May 2, 2006

I want Gray Maynard to jerk me off while my face is pressed between some stripper's tits. I want him to keep repeating "you're a good boy, Frankie". Please fund my kickstarter

mewse
May 2, 2006

-Atom- posted:

There's nothing unreasonable about any of this.

I mean, granted, my opponent won 2 rounds out of 5, but by barely winning I clearly demonstrated I have 3 times the heart that he has

mewse
May 2, 2006

MagicCube posted:

Nothing arguable you say?

:thurman:

mewse
May 2, 2006

Panama Red posted:

Funny that should be brought up because I was just thinking about Big Nog being another favorite of mine and also a Brazilian and it stemming from him being such a soft-spoken and seemingly nice guy (I may be making this up but I remember something awhile back about Big Nog loving hugs? Maybe have been on TUF?). I definitely like guys who seem to genuinely enjoy themselves and don't feel the need to do a lot of macho chest-pounding and mean-mugging. There was a guy whose name escapes me who was very flamboyant and I think came to a weigh-in dressed as Hulk Hogan or something but then ended up losing at the PPV he was set to appear on… I liked him but he may have been cut after that.

Big nog had a great turn as coach on TUF. His team bonded really strongly and he showed great leadership.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Novum posted:

Honestly I think it's just safer if we crucify him first and ask questions later

Agreedo

mewse
May 2, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

A bit cheeky coming from a man who's only discernable personality trait is a deep abiding love for another man, who is sometimes 3 men. Or two and a ghost?

He is one, and three, at the same time, read the loving bible

mewse
May 2, 2006

Too slow to avoid getting injured, too stupid to stop fighting with a broken rib, a true warrior, the future champion ladies and gentlemen

mewse
May 2, 2006

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Looks like Dana took the TRT away from the fighters so that he could inject it all into himself.

I think he's just wearing a deep v-neck for some reason

mewse
May 2, 2006

Ditch posted:

"Most stacked card ever" said with a straight face. This man is a promoter's promoter.

Yep

mewse
May 2, 2006

Are you supposed to smile when taking pictures in a graveyard?

e: also Phil Davis just won me over by trashing Bones

mewse
May 2, 2006

I was surprised kickstarter let you put "nigga" in the url

mewse
May 2, 2006

attackmole posted:

Mark Hunt is an old slow fat dude and yet he also is 10x better at slipping punches than most mma fighters.

He has forgotten more about striking than the avg ufc fighter has ever learned

mewse
May 2, 2006

Shoota_McG posted:

Tickets for the Vancouver show go on sale this week, should I bother getting Fight Club or just the newsletter for presale?

UFC Returns To Vancouver - Presale This Friday
Starts at 10am PT, Password: CANADA Purchase > UFC VIP Experience >

mewse
May 2, 2006

Atlas Hugged posted:

He doesn't just wing his right hand. He throws jabs and leg kicks and puts together combinations while changing levels. His kickboxing is legitimately great. And sometimes he even goes for armbars!

He has a good left hook as well. When he was struggling to put away Bigfoot I was wondering why he wasn't throwing his hook and it turned out the metacarpals on his left hand were broken from hitting the dude too much. Instead, he was throwing goofy right elbows and cutting up Bigfoot really bad.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I was shitfaced at a bar and was drunkenly trying to explain that the tubby guy with terrible tattoos was actually an excellent striker.

Yeah I think a lot of people thought it was a 2 man gas

mewse
May 2, 2006

raingwc posted:

While we're talking about how nice it is that MMA really is becoming mainstream in Sweden, one of SHLs(swedish hockey league) most famous teams has now started training MMA for all their cardo and strength needs. I think its really neat.

I'm canadian and our meathead hockey fans are proud of how "tough" our teams are in international competition, which mainly translates to hitting with disproportionate power at inappropriate times. If one of our guys dropped their gloves and instantly got choked unconscious by a Swede I would laugh so hard..

mewse
May 2, 2006

The Donald Cerrone School of Retirement Savings

mewse
May 2, 2006

fatherdog posted:

Fun fact: I watched Matt Brown get choked out by Chris Liguouri in person on CITC 3, and he bitched at me on the Underground because when I described the show on there I was insufficiently complimentary.

Everyone gets caught by a lucky submission once in a while...............

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

Hendo. He throws his quicker and is usually ready to follow up with another strike. Roy Nelson loads up a baseball for a few seconds and knocks old men and tall funny guys down.

Agreed

mewse
May 2, 2006

Count Roland posted:

Is it really illegal to post gifs? Copying an entire event is illegal, but surely this does not cover showing any miniscule part of an event? In the music industry, for example, an artist is allowed to use snippits of other songs in their own, so long as they aren't copying the entire thing.

Honestly I despise all these laws and have zero respect for them, but cracking down on gifs really seems too far.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

"the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright."

Posting a KO gif from a recent event must fall under criticism, comment, news reporting.

mewse
May 2, 2006

MycroftXXX posted:

Here are some gifs I found...

Shogun
Rampage
Gus
Rashad
Machida

He likes to use his reach to rake his fingers over a fighters face as they come forward which leads to a lot of eye pokes (unless you're Rampage, in which case he's going to eyepoke you just because).

Uggghhh I hope they change the glove design or something, that crap is awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

They should put Jones hands into big foam mittens IMO

• Locked thread