Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Honestly I think it's just safer if we crucify him first and ask questions later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Novum posted:

Honestly I think it's just safer if we crucify him first and ask questions later

Agreedo

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
A bit cheeky coming from a man who's only discernable personality trait is a deep abiding love for another man, who is sometimes 3 men. Or two and a ghost?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

A bit cheeky coming from a man who's only discernable personality trait is a deep abiding love for another man, who is sometimes 3 men. Or two and a ghost?

He is one, and three, at the same time, read the loving bible

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Requesting this for Jones' pic in the OP and every OP for as long as he is champ (hopefully never again after this month)

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I know it will never happen but I want one more one night tournament :(

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
One night openweight tournament

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

david carmichael posted:

In my head I'm sure I've seen Vitor/Sakuraba but I can't remember a single thing about it.

I do and I wish I didn't.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Bubba Smith posted:

I know Jon Jones is playing an act all the time so we don't know what he's like at home, but him saying "fag poo poo" & "fag boys" to some random guy on instagram feels out of character to me.

I don't know man, you could basically make a coffee table book of dumb tweets by fighters by now. Also he said "sin" and I'd think if someone hacked JBJ's instagram account they'd be a little more creative to single out one swede teen and call him a fag. There's no out of place pictures or anything. I want this to be true so bad. JBJ is the worst.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

ChampRamp posted:

One night openweight tournament

We had that it was Hunt/Bigfoot and it owned

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

david carmichael posted:

I have no idea what "fight IQ" means. Sakrabab had an excellent single, and was good enough at wrestling and catch to control a lot of dudes on the ground. He beat some very good grapplers by being much larger than them, and when he fought dudes he couldn't muscle around (who had any clue whatsoever as to what they were doing) he was crushed. Viciously.
I realize that you have been blinded by Arona's abdominal muscles, but you can still repent of this and be saved. David, please

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

I'm not trying to turn this into a "PYF grappling in MMA" but Maia vs Jason MacDonald was the first fight that got some of my friends into grappling because we were all jumping up and down and screaming at the television. UFC 87 was a great card from top to bottom anyway.

I second this. I was a big fan of both guys for that fight, but objectively it is still one of the best pure BJJ battles the UFC has seen.

And since I'm seeing fight breakdowns now, I'll mention I just finished watching some of PRIDE 5, namely Sakuraba vs Belfort. What a strange yet intriguing fight. I didn't know how it went before I watched, but had a notion that Belfort didn't win somehow. And boy did he not.

After a brief exchange and a grappling scramble, Belfort was on his back with Saku standing over him. Quadros and Bas were talking about how Alan Goes had beaten Saku from this same position via upkicks, which is maybe why Vitor stayed here. But Vitor's kicks were not landing, while Saku was grabbing his legs and lifting them right into kicks. Again and again and again. After several minutes both Vitor's legs were purple.

When Vitor was finally able to get back up, his legs presumably felt like useless pain logs. Saku then faked a kick into a right straight, which landed, faked a takedown into punch that landed, and then laced Vitor with a spinning back kick right to the liver. Vitor thought about this for a second, then sat down again. Saku landed two more of those same back kicks while Vitor was utterly paralyzed. Either from the pain in his legs (and now body) or from being spiritually broken, he didn't really do anything the rest of the fight except have Saku leap over his guard and land on his face, which was pretty cool. Though a lot of the fight was pretty slow because of this.

I've always known Sakuraba to have a tricky kicking game, but Quadros and Bas were saying this was the first time Saku had really thrown many strikes at all, let alone devastating, well set-up strikes. I really enjoy looking back to see how the sport has evolved in time, and that part of me got a lot out of this fight. It also showed that Vitor, while talented, really had some mental issues he needed to deal with in order to fight effectively.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
Vitor also did Saku a favor by punching the crown of Saku's head as hard as he could until his knuckles shattered.

e: If you watch the Braga fight afterward you see the genesis of the hands down, chin up leg kick that got his jaw punched off his head by Wandy

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
The best part of Condit/Ellenberger is when Condit gets hit with a big shot, slowly crumples to the ground as Jake swarms him with more shots, takes a bunch of bombs to the back of the head on the ground, and then within 10 seconds proceeds to get back up and start throwing knees to Jake's face.

Condit owns.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

jon jones is a master strategist. remember him pushing for bigtime sponsors because he's a good man and doesn't drive drunk before immediately trying to joust a telephone pole in a bentley full of strippers? or how he was too terrified to speak on camera in a commercial and then tried to get warner brothers to put him in movies. he is going to sexually assault glover in the cage, these things only greg jackson can teach.

Was this around the time he was spinning in the chair and awkward as hell on live television for UFC on FOX?

He bellyaches about everyone he's supposed to fight. He's like the UFC's Mayweather, he'd make actual title contenders do bizarre fraternity initiations while handpicking tomato cans from a coma ward if he could. Torpedoing UFC 151, the bentley full of strippers, the eye-raking; it's like he set out to be the most hypocritical fighter possible.

The loving herbest.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
mayweather owns though

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

red19fire posted:

Was this around the time he was spinning in the chair and awkward as hell on live television for UFC on FOX?

He bellyaches about everyone he's supposed to fight. He's like the UFC's Mayweather, he'd make actual title contenders do bizarre fraternity initiations while handpicking tomato cans from a coma ward if he could. Torpedoing UFC 151, the bentley full of strippers, the eye-raking; it's like he set out to be the most hypocritical fighter possible.

The loving herbest.

It was a Bud Light commercial, in which he was too terrified to say the one line he had assigned, so Dana White had to say it while he stared into the camera like a deer in the headlights, then had his agent call Warner Brothers the next day to discuss acting opportunities.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
All this Jones talk is making me thirsty

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
Maia vs Jason Macdonald is the poo poo. If that fight is on fight pass I will buy fight pass just so I can watch it again. Jason Macdonald had no business getting into a grappling exchange with Maia, but he said gently caress it and did it anyway and it was awesome.

On the other hand, Jon Jones is the worst. He can't stop finding new and pathetic ways to lower the bar.

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct

quote:

The next fight was the Rory MacDonald fight, which didn't go down anything like its reputation. I haven't seen it since it happened, but even I remembered it as Rory taking Condit down repeatedly and GnPing him until Condits incredible comeback, but thats not the case whatsoever. Rorys only takedowns came in the first round, and like everyone besides GSP he was totally unable to do anything to Condit. Condit got up rather easily. In the second round, Rory ended up on top once because condit slipped, and once by a tricky reversal after Condit actually had taken him down. The surprising thing was Rory was actually holding his own standing. Condit gets punched hard in the face by almost everyone. Anyway, the point is this fight is totally misrepresented almost every time it comes up. Rory doesnt dominate Condit on the ground at all. Condit gets him down and GnP's him in more than just the last round. Overall, I think Condit has one of the best top games with some of the best gnp in the division, if not the best.

I just watched this on Youtube ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m40DZKndiM4 ) and Rogan kept saying that the judges would be giving the points to Rory because Rory was on top. Does the UFC really work this way? Because I could see how it would advantageous for a BJJ guy to be underneath rather than on top, and to me it seems that control is more important than positioning, and Condit never really looked like he was of control. In fact with that "meathook" locked in Rory didn't seem to be able to do much of anything (and he didn't).

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
When someone finally breaks down the metric by which an MMA judge actually awards points they'll probably win a Nobel Prize.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MycroftXXX posted:

Maia vs Jason Macdonald is the poo poo. If that fight is on fight pass I will buy fight pass just so I can watch it again. Jason Macdonald had no business getting into a grappling exchange with Maia, but he said gently caress it and did it anyway and it was awesome.

On the other hand, Jon Jones is the worst. He can't stop finding new and pathetic ways to lower the bar.

It should be, every main card UFC is on there.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Panama Red posted:

I just watched this on Youtube ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m40DZKndiM4 ) and Rogan kept saying that the judges would be giving the points to Rory because Rory was on top. Does the UFC really work this way? Because I could see how it would advantageous for a BJJ guy to be underneath rather than on top, and to me it seems that control is more important than positioning, and Condit never really looked like he was of control. In fact with that "meathook" locked in Rory didn't seem to be able to do much of anything (and he didn't).

1. Yes, the guy who is on top is usually winning on the judges scorecard.
2. That a bjj guy would prefer to be on bottom is a common misconception. BJJ allows you to attack from your back, but most practitioners would prefer to be on top. This is doubly true in mma, where punches make being on bottom a real bad time.

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct

Dangersim posted:

1. Yes, the guy who is on top is usually winning on the judges scorecard.
2. That a bjj guy would prefer to be on bottom is a common misconception. BJJ allows you to attack from your back, but most practitioners would prefer to be on top. This is doubly true in mma, where punches make being on bottom a real bad time.

Ah, okay, thanks for clearing that up.

MycroftXXX posted:

I just signed up for my free trial and I can confirm it is indeed on there.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Judges score rounds in many different ways, like how much time is spent on the Bid Lite logo at mid-octagon.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Is the JBJ calling a Swedish kid gay on instagram real or not guys

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
It's real and JBJ is getting fired.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Count Roland posted:

I second this. I was a big fan of both guys for that fight, but objectively it is still one of the best pure BJJ battles the UFC has seen.

And since I'm seeing fight breakdowns now, I'll mention I just finished watching some of PRIDE 5, namely Sakuraba vs Belfort. What a strange yet intriguing fight. I didn't know how it went before I watched, but had a notion that Belfort didn't win somehow. And boy did he not.

After a brief exchange and a grappling scramble, Belfort was on his back with Saku standing over him. Quadros and Bas were talking about how Alan Goes had beaten Saku from this same position via upkicks, which is maybe why Vitor stayed here. But Vitor's kicks were not landing, while Saku was grabbing his legs and lifting them right into kicks. Again and again and again. After several minutes both Vitor's legs were purple.

When Vitor was finally able to get back up, his legs presumably felt like useless pain logs. Saku then faked a kick into a right straight, which landed, faked a takedown into punch that landed, and then laced Vitor with a spinning back kick right to the liver. Vitor thought about this for a second, then sat down again. Saku landed two more of those same back kicks while Vitor was utterly paralyzed. Either from the pain in his legs (and now body) or from being spiritually broken, he didn't really do anything the rest of the fight except have Saku leap over his guard and land on his face, which was pretty cool. Though a lot of the fight was pretty slow because of this.

I've always known Sakuraba to have a tricky kicking game, but Quadros and Bas were saying this was the first time Saku had really thrown many strikes at all, let alone devastating, well set-up strikes. I really enjoy looking back to see how the sport has evolved in time, and that part of me got a lot out of this fight. It also showed that Vitor, while talented, really had some mental issues he needed to deal with in order to fight effectively.

for some reason i always had the fight with the butt scooter getting repeatedly kicked in the hamstrings as being between hendo and wanderlei, which i guess really didn't make any sense

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

jon jones is my friend, and he'll post in this thread next tuesday

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Novum posted:

It's real and JBJ is getting fired.

It would be a dream of mine if the UFC just did not acknowledge this until the end of the Glover Texeira fight. Whether he wins, or he loses - they just fire him right there and then Stone Cold comes out and flips him off and drinks a beer.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Jon Bones Jones ‏@JonnyBones 1h
Just got a new phone. Changing all of my social media passwords. Apparently I was hacked.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Jon Bones Jones ‏@JonnyBones 1h
Just got a new phone. Changing all of my social media passwords. Apparently I was hacked.

Lol.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Swedes are cool and im glad that one beat Jones in the end.

This is much more exciting than the fights i cant watch because paying for fight pass doesnt mean poo poo in Australia.

edit: dont read sherdog

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Jones is claiming he was "apparently" hacked, Malki claimed Jones' phone was stolen first and then said it was photoshopped. Translation: it's real and UFC Champion Jon Jones told me on XBox Live he hosed my mom

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Everyone gets hacked these days

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Here's the story on bloodyelbow, apparently Jones even posted a selfie during the point in time his phone was allegedly stolen and used by a thief to post hurtful comments on the instagram of a guy who just happened to call him out for ducking Gustafsson on a different social media platform.

What a loving moron.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Jon Jones? Moron? n...no...

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Bluedeanie posted:

Here's the story on bloodyelbow, apparently Jones even posted a selfie during the point in time his phone was allegedly stolen and used by a thief to post hurtful comments on the instagram of a guy who just happened to call him out for ducking Gustafsson on a different social media platform.

What a loving moron.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I'm fairly sure Jon Jones really called 950 people the N word over social media so if a pro wrestler could beat him up that would be insanely good. Hello.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Watched Maia versus McDonald and it really was as awesome as you guys said it was. When the intro noted McDonald's reach advantage and before the third round McDonald's trainers were telling him to KO Maia, I was sure there would be some point where it kept it standing up, but in all three rounds he ended up on the ground with Maia (although in the last round I think it was completely involuntary). Amazing, amazing stuff but I was left wondering why McDonald even decided to take it to Maia's territory in the first place.

Then I watched Okami versus McDonald from UFC 77 just because I knew of Okami, messed around with him a bit in Undisputed 2009 and saw in this thread he had been cut somewhat controversially from the UFC recently. Again, McDonald had the reach advantage but again didn't really seem to capitalize in terms of striking and just looked really awkward and uncomfortable and spent a lot of time in the exact position Okami wanted him. Okami was really impressive in that he never really seemed to lose control of the direction of the fight and even though it might have been a "boring" fight (save for the brief GnP) from the standpoint of watching one guy neutralize another guy so completely it was interesting to watch.

• Locked thread