Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

my game is called HELL VICE MERCILESS. It's a hotline miami inspired game where you yell at your friends and take 5 second turns to the beat of whatever 80s inspired murdertheque you can find. It's not at all ready but initial playtests were pretty beastly fun.

here it is!
here is a screen friendly version!

this is the fifth draft. I introduced the "NO!" system for player interaction and gave a reason not to just go first in initiative all the time.

LordVonEarlDuke fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Apr 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

thanks for the complements and such guys!

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Not unlike Hotline Miami, I like this, but also find it physically painful to look at for extended periods of time. Well done!

hahaha yeah, it's a little incomprehensible. Check the original post; I made a cleaned up pocketmod version. Let me know if that helps your poor lil peepers. Also it has a clearer "character sheet" part.

edit:

Evil Mastermind posted:

You didn't make the pocketmods public.

OOPS lmao and now they're public. Thanks evil mastermind

LordVonEarlDuke fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Apr 18, 2014

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

I played HELL VICE MERCILESS again today and have updated the pdf with what i have learned! Mostly it's more advice for the boss and little clarification things, especially on automatic weapon spray. Also the one-page version was too cramped and i love those little pocketmods too much, so now there is only pocketmods.
O also new change to make PVP more interesting.
I might add another class that gives an extra second of MOVE PHASE or something.

AaronMFK posted:

It's my first time making anything like this, but here goes.

Here's Combat Poets.

LOVING the fluff on this. Nice dog pix and nice mise en scene. me and the boys might play it next time we prototype so I can give actual solid input... one of them is a legit beat poet & is going to destroy us...

LordVonEarlDuke fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Apr 19, 2014

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

Is there a limit for how many of these things we can enter? assuming it's just 1 per

edit: well even if it is I'm going to post this anyway!
It's a modification of a very barebones system I ran a oneshot with once. Mostly diceless. I wrote it after a summer helping my mom teach Bosnian refugees English. They had some really rough stories.
It's called "You are young children in a heartless place" and it is about as happy as it sounds.

here it is!
here is a screen friendly version!

If you can only enter 1 thing I def enter Hell Vice instead, but I thought why not put this here. It's bare and unfinished, but I don't really have the stomach to fill in more.

LordVonEarlDuke fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 21, 2014

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

o jeez thanks guys
Now I'm torn about which one I want to enter... I'm still leaning Hell Vice because it is a lot of fun to play and Heartless Place is Not. I haven't played it with people irl, only online, and even then it was pretty brutal.
I'm having oodles of fun with this so I'm making another called MODEM JOCKEYS, about being a fearless Cracker in the glorious beige-and-punchcard future of 2013

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

LordEarlVonDuke, which game are you entering? HELL VICE MERCILESS or You are young children.

WHICHEVER ONE U LIKE BETTER HellVice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

OH cool i won i didn't even see this
um but i don't have PMs

• Locked thread