Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
So hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

The thing that guy's dad said shortly before dying was loving heartbreaking. Why is every system associated with the military so utterly broken?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

The thing that guy's dad said shortly before dying was loving heartbreaking. Why is every system associated with the military so utterly broken?

Mike-o posted:

people don't give a poo poo about vets, they just care about how much it looks like they care about vets

polpot saved asia
Aug 28, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

Criminal negligence.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRN9Y5Nvdqk

In an election cycle full of amazing things, this might be one of my favorites.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRN9Y5Nvdqk

In an election cycle full of amazing things, this might be one of my favorites.

That dude owns

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Jarmak posted:

So..... hope I don't get cancer while i'm using VA health in college

http://us.cnn.com/2014/04/23/health/veterans-dying-health-care-delays/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Just came here to post this. I hope they get the people at the top for criminal negligence.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

xXxIc0nxXx0fxXxS1NxXx's civ thread is just pathetic so let's do this right

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Vets in college- take one class with the specific intention of loving with people. I took Ethics in Peace and Conflict and was the only Vet. They joy I had loving with all the kids (loving 18/19 liberal arts majors) was ridiculous. Saying poo poo similar to the previously mentioned child killing jokes was stupid fun. Plus, the hippie chick asked me to lunch afterwards. Good times.
If you find out about a bunch of other Vets, see if they want to join in. A group in one of my classes decided that during a debate we would take further and further extreme positions, trying to one up each other in ridiculousness.
Seriously, make sure to have fun in your classes.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
Why do that when you can use that elective to chase tail? Take a Public Relations class. PR, at least at my school, was 99% women and gay dudes.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Cole posted:

I went up to the school today. People were dressed in slacks, collared shirts. Looking like classy people.

I showed up with an old t shirt, basketball shorts and grease stains all over my arms from changing the tires on my car right before I came.

Am I doing this right or wrong?

Considering I showed up for classes in board shorts and a t-shirt, I would say ditch the grease stains/brake dust. But other wise, its pretty legit. There was a girl in my A&P 2 class who showed up in flannel pj pants, babydoll nightie for a top and carried a pillow (complete with baby ducks pillow case on it) two of the three days a week class met.

People who dress up for college are tools.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Hell you don't even need to say the first part. I was accused of literally gunning children for sport. When I said I was a mechanic in the Air Force and never went within 1000 miles of a war zone I was instead accused of being complacent in the gunning down of children.

I always said something to the effect of "yep and it was god drat fun" when they started that bullshit with me. It was like you could watch their train of thought go full Sunset Limited.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.
The only time I've identified myself as a veteran to the class was during my first semester in a communications course where one of my speeches was about how my beard is a symbol of my freedom from the army and therefore my most prized possession. Other than that, I've told a handful of random seat neighbors when small talk gets around to what I did before school. Most were cool except one kid who asked if I killed anyone and another who got really passive aggressive with me when I explained what the gi bill did.

My main reason for staying under the radar is that I've only met two veterans since I started school that were pleasant to be around. I'm not here to swap war stories with some dude I've known for 30 seconds, just because we were both in the military doesn't mean we have to be best buds now.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Mike-o posted:

people don't give a poo poo about vets, they just care about how much it looks like they care about vets

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

RichieHimself posted:

my beard is a symbol of my freedom from the army and therefore my most prized possession.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
My school has like 3000 vets so nobody gives a poo poo.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
im a special snowflake :allears:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I liked bringing up the GI bill just to piss off other students going into huge debt for their art school diploma

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

yall should post pics of your beards so i can have a laugh

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Mine isn't awesome enough yet. Give me a few weeks.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

I liked bringing up the GI bill just to piss off other students going into huge debt for their art school diploma

I did a couple semesters at a community college for prereqs and poo poo, and had to wait in line to pay my fees and poo poo. Usual price was about $1600 a semester, and then fees. Since CT had a tuition waiver for vets (this was before post 9/11), my cost for all my stuff was like 100 bucks, after I reminded them I was a vet. The glares I got on the way out from people in the line behind me almost made enlisting worth it.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
fellow grad student: gently caress I have to do research assistant poo poo on top of getting this paper done tonight.
Me: sux 2 b u lol :smug:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Just saw a dude on campus two days in a row now rocking blue jeans and one of these combat shirts:

...complete with unit patches, rank insignia and even name tapes velcroed on shoulders. The fact that he's wearing it is bad enough but holy gently caress guy

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Should have thanked him for his service and told him you had a cousin who almost joined the Air Force but he couldn't get his GED or some dumb poo poo. That, or your CoD character has the same shirt pretty cool right? So, how many people did you kill? Are those real Oakleys?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Mad Dragon posted:

Should have thanked him for his service and told him you had a cousin who almost joined the Air Force but he couldn't get his GED or some dumb poo poo. That, or your CoD character has the same shirt pretty cool right? So, how many people did you kill? Are those real Oakleys?

Definitely do this.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

shyduck posted:

...complete with unit patches, rank insignia and even name tapes velcroed on shoulders. The fact that he's wearing it is bad enough but holy gently caress guy

So what was his rank?

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
Hey, do you know Dave? From the Army? He's in the Army too. Do you know him? He's white, if that helps.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

shyduck posted:

Just saw a dude on campus two days in a row now rocking blue jeans and one of these combat shirts:

Ha. Saw this guy on the train yesterday:

Yeah, that's a claymore patch that says front toward enemy.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
Was he decked out with rank and a unit patch or was it just some dumbass airsofter?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
every time i see transfat i think it has something to do with food nutrition statistics

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Its pretty cool that the internet gives a podium to all of these mentally ill people and there's other mentally ill people that agree with them.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Its pretty cool that the internet gives a podium to all of these mentally ill people and there's other mentally ill people that agree with them.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 25, 2014

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

:downsbravo:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Pshh, at least I get my meds free from the VA.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
It's us. We're the loony bin. :psyduck:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

if you scroll past this u have no heart

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
at least we acknowledge that we're loony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Cole posted:

Mine isn't awesome enough yet. Give me a few weeks.

• Locked thread