Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

sircozzie posted:

Cazorla's been hit or miss during this awful period but he's certainly not rubbish. It's difficult to bench him at the moment too considering the injuries we have in midfield.

He does this 2-3 times a game and Arsenal have conceded so many goals lately from him losing possession and not bothering to track back too. He was a luxury player. Now hes just bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Ah, yes. Another Arsenal player who was the best in the league before he said he wanted to leave. Now he's poo poo. I've been saying Cazorla was rubbish for months and its nice now that you all agree with me.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

nictigre03 posted:

I really don't get the Hull name change issue. Hull City Tigers is historical, already in place, and sounds much better. I know the owners were saying that sponsors wanted it changed to Hull Tigers but what makes that better exactly or more attractive (it isn't)?

Its so they can trademark the name.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Shoren posted:

No, you're right, just because he nicks the ball from behind players all the time instead of getting stuck in means he's the worst defensive attacker of all time. Get the gently caress out of here.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I think time will spin his youth project into his 'vanity project' where he thought he new best and stuck at it way too long and cost Arsenal any chance of the league for a decade. When in fact it was more to do with the fact they had no loving money because they built a massive stadium and didnt hold out for the huge naming rights they could have got.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I love Jose Mourinho.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

blue footed boobie posted:

Lol Liverpool fans are so full of angst it's incredible.

The victim complex is warring with the irresistible urge to be smug.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Modus Trollens posted:

lol apparently United have offered Toni Kroos 260k a week they're going full manchester city

Got to give him parity with Januzaj!!!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Byolante posted:

There is no way anybody but Pulis is manager of the season. He came in with a club completely hosed and has them in 11th with 40 points.

If the league was started from when Pulis was in charge, they'd be in the champions league places.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pissflaps posted:

How can a cheat be manager of the season?

Brendan Rogers managed it!!!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pissflaps posted:

This season is almost working out perfectly as long as Chelsea don't win the title and United stay out of the top four.

Arsenal dropping to fifth would be a bonus but Everton seem to be trying to do their best to gently caress it up.

Apart from Liverpool finishing about 5th that is.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pissflaps posted:

I'd rather they denied Chelsea the title.

I'd rather they lost it on the last day to a 95th minute Torres goal.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

EvilHawk posted:

Don't really understand how non-Chelsea fans would prefer Mourinho to win the league over Brendan Rodgers and his plucky underdogs Liverpool tbqh

Because of you.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Shrapnig posted:

Ah yes, post-Desert Storm.

But enough about the City takeover.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
While Moyes is changing his team a lot, the obsession with the 'best 11' is a bit weird. You pick the best 11 players you have for that opposition. You wouldn't pick the same team you used against West Ham that has 5 attacking players to start against City/Chelsea, but not doing that is bad? I dont get it.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
A lot of it has also been 'This team but with x player instead because y player is injured' too.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Taff posted:

Lol

Can't believe he's going to be sacked. Clearly lost the dressing room tho

He lost the dressing room about 3 months ago tbf. Im just surprised its taken this long for the glazers to give him a kicking. Chucking the backroom staff and replacing them with his everton toy boys was a massive mistake (Chris Woods excepted).

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

blue footed boobie posted:

At this point I would have to imagine they just let him finish out the season.

Are they going to sack the whole coaching staff too? Who the hell would manage them for the remaining games? (Hint: it's Fergie)

It'll be giggs.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

chuggo is BACK posted:

Has there been anything about Ramires yet

The fa wont be in until tomorrow as its Bank Holiday. I imagine since it was mentioned on Match of the day hes going to get a ban.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Im pretty sure they wouldnt have been so stupid to not have performance related clauses in their contracts.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Like I said, his contract will have performance related clauses in it. I highly imagine hes been on his 'final written warning' or some other HR crap since Bayern booted us out the champions league.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

DickEmery posted:

I'm assuming none of the clauses are "get us into the CL or we'll write of your entire compensation package" though.
They'll owe him a fuckton unless he gets them relegated I imagine.

It's Hicks/Gillette levels of pathetic.
It's the club's responsibility for getting into this situation, just pay the man off.

If I was given a job then spent 9 months being so bad at it the company as a whole suffered and through my actions had a great impact on their amount of revenue I'd expect to get sacked and not get a huge pay off tbh.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Infact I cant think of any other job outside of the finance industry where you get rewarded for being poo poo.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

PirateBob posted:

The only thing that gives me hope is that United haven't denied it upon being asked by Manchester Evening News and the like.

Also, apparently United aren't allowed to make major announcements during NYSE trading hours... That might very well be bollocks.

As a publically traded company they do have a duty to inform their shareholders in advance of major business changes.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Total Meatlove posted:

He's their reserve coach and has a better trophy cabinet than most.

Always remember Nicky Butt has more medals than Gerrard lol.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I still maintain that a 94th minute Torres winner for Chelsea that means liverpool dont win the league would be the best result for the forum.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Well its the result i'd most like.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I would kill myself if we got Guardiola i would legit hate it.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Duncan Sperguson posted:

You're a strange man bhyo

He plays awful football and instils a despicable culture on all the players.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

tbp posted:

You're insane. He's probably the best manager in the world

e After Brendan Rodgers

He may be, but i cant stand his football or his philophies hes an awful human being and the way hes turned that exciting bayern team into a bunch of dreary turds that playact worse than his barcelona team is criminal.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Gorn Myson posted:

I didn't think Bayern were that boring when they tore United to pieces in the second leg of that quarter final.

I dont know what match you were watching but the only time they were forceful and attacking was right after United scored and oh look they ripped us a new arsehole. For the entire 120 minutes before that it was exactly the same *pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass aimless cross that goes no-where pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass*

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

T Fowl posted:

Yuck breaking down the opponent with tiresome passing and then ripping them apart in the end is no way to win. Hoof and hope or get in the bin.

But this is completely the opposite of what they were doing. They were getting no-where. Its only when they stopped making 2 yard passes, and instead played the ball forwards, burst down the wing and put a proper driven cross in that they got anywhere.

The amount of times they got in behind the united full backs only to stop and tap it back out to the half way line would infuriate me if it was my team.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

T Fowl posted:

Yeah, it does get tedious but I thought that was the point?

And thats why i dont want him anywhere near a club i support. You combine that boring shite with the awful way he gets his players to act and you just turn into this toxic mess.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Gorn Myson posted:

I can hardly criticise Bayern for being boring in a match in which Man Utd clearly turned up to park the bus. Maybe if they didn't just decide to concede possession as a match strategy then maybe they could have gotten something out of it. Instead we got Evra's beautiful goal and 22 seconds later they were shown up for the joke of a team that they are. Quite frankly I was enthralled.

My issue is that every one turns up to park the bus against Guardiola teams as its an effective way to beat them. I do not want to watch a season of teams doing that. Man United are not Bayern Munich, nor are they the Eto/Henry Barcelona. It would be loving awful to watch.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Guy that served me in my local supermarket 30 mins ago, honestly and unironically said he'd 'have Guardiola I suppose', cretinous.

I wouldnt. Hes a cancer.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

not not luvd posted:

lol at today/yesterday

Moyes was a terrible appointment but/and he was undermined the entire time was there. He never had the dressing room or probably any of the previous staff and this was inevitable.

I would love, love, love it if Moyes goes to Spurs.

Hes gonna manage Arsenal.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Starsnostars posted:

Southampton executive director Les Reed has come out today and said that the club hasn't received any bids of offers for any players and that any enquiries would likely be met with a "no, not for sale". Of course this is all very easy to say now and we'll see what happens over the summer but that's slightly reassuring, hopefully we'll actually be left with some players at the start of next season.

Of course he's going to say that. Its public knowledge that Shaw is joining United after turning Chelsea down and that Lallana is considering Arsenal/Liverpool.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Quite liked Rogers dig about Chelsea ruining young footballers.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pissflaps posted:

That is a cretinous thing for Rodgers to say. He just lost my sympathy. Bottler.

Alright which one of you is Rogers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Big Brendan opens his envelope and hastily crosses out 'Stick it in your faces cunts' and scribbles 'Well its just nice to be in the champions league really and we werent ever in with a chance for the league, how can we, Liverpool compete with that spending power?' underneath.

• Locked thread