Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Stoke are a pwoppa nawty side and will smash some legs on the way to another month undefeated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Butland is competent but he isn't good enough to compete with Begovic, but really no keeper in the league is. He is probably the third best english keeper though.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Ewar Woowar posted:

Sturridge
Sterling-Rooney-Lallana
Gerrard-Henderson
Baines-Cahill-Jagielka-Johnson
Hart

That's the team for me.

As for Shaw/Cole I'd hope they take the former. In no way does Cole deserve to be first choice and Shaw is absolutely incredible for his age and deserves the call up.

I would play carrick over Henderson personally and Shawcross over Jagielka but the Shawcross ship seems to have sailed now.

I am pretty sure if Shaw goes he will either be ruined or another Walcott. 17 is too young to be playing in a senior tournament.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Ewar Woowar posted:

Carrick?! Good god no. Henderson is the perfect partner for Gerrard as he A. Plays alongside him every week and B. Does the running Gerrard can't. Carrick is immobile and offers nothing more than what Henderson and Gerrard provide. United fans will tell you how disappointing Carrick has been this season

I know Gerrard has had this resurgence as a holding mid at Liverpool under rodgers but I am absolutely certain the moment he pulls on an England shirt he will be holywood look at me england gerrard.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Just going to say Crouchy shouldn't go because he would be a wasted slot. He only started playing well after Odemwingie arrived and Pieters/Marko got their thing happening. I stongly doubt the conditions he would need to do a thing would be present in the england squad. If Sterling, Sturridge and Rooney can't get the job done up front there is no hope for England at all.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Ho Chi Meeeeee posted:

Chile will give even Spain problems, so yeah, one of those three is going to be bitterly disappointed. Poor, poor Australia though lol.

As soon as I saw the draw I did a lol and then killed myself.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

vyelkin posted:

They should get a points deduction for this.

It would be better if West Ham got relegated due to them not getting a points deduction.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Nobody on transfer market matches the criteria of went to arsenal, had played in portugal and is black inside the time period it would have had to have been to played with or against Ronaldo.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

CareyB posted:

The Cardiff badge and kit fiasco really digs at me but other than the cliche of going American sports team with their name I don't really see the name change as such a massive deal. It'll sound loving stupid if announcers call them by their full name, but I bet it bloody works as a marketing tool. I'm guessing a lot of the supporters frustration is born through not wanting to relinquish their (perceived) control of the football club, and seeing this happen elsewhere

Cardiff were the blue birds when my mum was a girl and fancied John Toshack. She was pretty drat mad when the strip and the name changed.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

It still amazes me that only Chelsea and City have conceded less goals than Palace since Pulis took over

For years I have been saying Pulis is the best manager in England.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I wish tony pulis would run into a Jose press conference naked as the day he was born and headbutt the portugese clown.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

The Clit Avoider posted:

To be honest, considering how worked up he used to get over absolutely anything Liverpool, he won't post if they win the title - he'll be too busy having an aneurysm out of sheer ecstatic bliss.

Unrelated, but, and it might just be me, I thought any real "Liverpool fans have a victim complex" crap should probably have stopped right around the publication of the Hillsborough report. If the people of that city think those in positions of authority are against them... well, can you really blame them?

When they start actually giving Heysel the same recognition people probably will.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I am still smacking my lips and rubbing my thighs over the wide play on the left from Marko and Erick. I think they could be the bargains of the season. Of we had a central striker who wasn't a goose then we would have won by five against Newcastle. I was sad to lose big tone p but he has landed on his feet and sparky has been a revelation

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
There is no way anybody but Pulis is manager of the season. He came in with a club completely hosed and has them in 11th with 40 points.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
You dog looks kinda like steve bruce combined with ian dowie

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Mickolution posted:

So Steve Bruce, then?

Steve bruce is just afat headed, he doesn't have that certain forceps birth grace ian dowie has.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Psybro posted:

In best manager chat, I'd say it's been Martinez. Anyone who has a respectable opinion about football already knew Pulis was legit baller, whereas Wigan's manifest failings meant you could never be quite sure if Martinez was a chancer who talked a good game or if he could do it with a proper club.

Martinez is like guardiola at Bayern. Another manager put his heart and soul into building a great footballing side then some flavour of the month skinny tie wearing fraud shows up and takes all the credit.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

euroboy posted:

Allegri to be the next Tottenham manager.

@m_christenson: Corriere dello Sport seem pretty confident Massimiliano Allegri will be the next #thfc manager: http://t.co/VVTpQJS3BV Via @tancredipalmeri

Edit: Lamela "injured" for the rest of the season too.

Tancredi is less reliable than the mail

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

Byolante is less reliable than the mail.

I was the first person to post the unverified rumour that Pardew had extensive gambling debts to Ashley. I am a poo poo rumour ITK.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Player of the Year Noms: Gerrard, Hazard, Lallana, Sturridge, Suarez, Toure
Young Player of the Year Noms: Barkley, Hazard, Ramsey, Shaw, Sterling, Sturridge

Suarez and Hazard then, easy.

Edit: Can't quite work out why Silva isn't in there, probably ahead of Lallana, he's been different class this season, but maybe thats only noticeable when you see him week in/week out, I dunno.

As much as I loving hate Liverpool anything other than Suarez and Sturridge is laughable.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
These awards are given to the best attackers and the best attackers are both at liverpool.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

emjayo posted:

classic red herring to distract us from finding out who the twix bum bandit is

Is this a bigger mystery that the secret floor shitter?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Pajero

Also big tone p continues his march towards manager of the season. I will do a mega lol if he finishes with palace above :stoke:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I can't believe Sparky managed to convince cardiff to do a swap deal Kenwyne Jones for Odemwingie. They got ripped off massively.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

crappledan posted:

Surely Tony Pulis should be considered for his years of experience in the top flight and his miracle work @ Stoke and Crystal Palace.

I don't think there is a person on this earth better at yelling at cloggers until they stop being lazy and put in a shift.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
There are too many clubs in for CBs and it worries me that Shawcross may be off :(

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Unbelievable Jeff

also

You can't make stuff like that up

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

Wenger has apparently told bein sport that he will not walk at the end of this season.

Its a long way to the airport. A smart person would use the gatwick express.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I am pleasantly surprised that for the first time I can remember no Stoke players were in the fully poo poo XI or even in contention for it.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

ayb posted:

Inter though...

Thats Rafa's fault, not Jose's

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Spangly A posted:

"Mistakes?? In football??? Genius!"

Yeah Mourinho is known for the whole 0-0 is perfect idea. It is not possible to score anything but 30 yard first touch wondergoals without some form of basic error, either being in the wrong position or allowing an overload.

It's hardly genius to work this out and act on it. Genius would be making tiki-taka work in pub league.

Does the A League count as a pub league because if so Mike Mulvey is a genius!

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

The A league owns purely because of the bloopers video that gets released after each season

Good news then because the grand final is this weekend and then the guy who makes them will be onto it.

There have been some fantastic nut shots this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Antares posted:

Last page but jesus christ, I had no idea. I thought the A League was approximately MLS levels of dull-bad, but now I'm pretty sure I played in a rec league better than this.

I will say what I say every time somebody says this. The A league is about league 1 quality overall. Its actually very similar to MLS in terms of football quality. What other leagues don't have that we do is somebody going through the entire season of matches and picking out the hilarious idiocy. Just last weekend you had something so hilariously bad it would be on the A League blooper reel when first in the prem polayed third as Gerrard fell down and gave away a goal.

(nice mletdown)

• Locked thread