Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Ewar Woowar posted:

Michael Owen's England World Cup squad

No Rodriguez, Henderson or Lallana?

Defoe?!

Butland?!

Zaha?!

Cole over Shaw too :lol:

Townsend needs to gently caress off as well. He had one good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Jose posted:

Hasn't Zaha been poo poo/not played for whoever signed him on loan?

He's literally played 9 games all season. Most as a sub

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

The best thing about Altidore is how he manages to not look like a professional footballer.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Rooney though? Maybe in 2003

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

He's not that fast now though. That's like 5 years ago.

He's lost a lot of sprint speed as he's gotten older (and fatter) compared to someone like Ronaldo who's probably faster than he was

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Benteke has torn his achilles tendon and will miss the rest of the season and the world cup :(

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Lukaku has proved at two different PL clubs that he can score at this level.

So why do Chelsea want to sell him when he's only going to get better?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Are Sunderland getting Europa next season? Since city won the cup

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

So it's 5th and 6th now?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

At least he can score against Sunderland though

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Blue Screen Error posted:

I'm pretty sure that if we stay up Lennon will be our first choice as McNally has a massive hard on for Celtic.

Lennon will be so exposed if he goes to the PL. I'd feel bad for you if you got him

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

If when Arsenal finish 5th and lose the FA Cup final will Arsene finally walk? I'd assume he'd be kicked at that stage

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

It would be pretty cool if both Man City and Man Utd missed out on the CL next year.

Arsenal too

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

quote:

Aston Villa have suspended assistant manager Ian Culverhouse and head of football operations Gary Karsa pending an internal investigation.

Gordon Cowans and Shay Given have been temporarily promoted to assist manager Paul Lambert and his coaching staff, the club has said.
Villa did not explain why Culverhouse and Karsa had been disciplined.

More to follow.

Wonder what that's about

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

He's a good lad that means well

Also, John Terry

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Poor guy. 20 is no age :(

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

drat, Jamie bang on the money there

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Bendtner

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

vyelkin posted:

Kagawa and Man United.

He's a good lad that means well

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

quote:

"I watched him at 17 years of age at Wembley for Denmark and I rang [Tottenham chairman] Daniel Levy the day after and said that he needed to sign this boy - £10 million later he is finally here, so that is all good news." - Tim Sherwood, April 2014

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/301371.html

"I’ve never played at Wembley." - Christian Eriksen, March 2014

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/2014/mar/christian-eriksen-interview

:allears:

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

I kinda want to see him stay to how worse Utd can get

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

It's genius really. Anyone coming in now won't have the pressure of being compared to Fergie. You just have to do better than Moyes

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

I am not looking forward to Utd hiring a competent manager and being good again.

Moyes is just out of his depth really. He still has the mentality of managing Everton in interviews

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Betting suspended on his sacking

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

EvilHawk posted:

United have apparently told talkSPORT he is definitely not being sacked...

I want him gone, but want to see him stay at the same time for the laugh

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

ayb posted:

They've told everyone else they have no comment. I doubt they've been told differently

Gonna be mutual consent

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Nicky Butt? Jesus christ

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Would be funny if they went for Martinez tbh

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Sky's team of the season. Ain't got much qualms with that

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

pik_d posted:

The season isn't even over ffs

Not much will change in 3 games tbh

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Gordon Strachan is a good lad

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

I'm loving this news

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

quote:

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport 3m
.@BBCSport understands Steve Round and Jimmy Lumsden have also left their posts at Manchester United.

Steve Round was literally the assistant manager of Utd lol

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

quote:

"I find it hard to believe that's the way the balls came out of the bag, that's for sure. I think it's the hardest start for 20 years that Manchester United have had. I hope it's not because Manchester United won the league quite comfortably last year"

"I will sort it. I will fix it. I will turn it around. I have got no doubt about that. We know we have to improve. I am still getting to know them. They are really good team, they won the Premier League last year"

"I don't know what we have to do to win."

"We never really got to grips with things and to a man you could hardly pick anybody out. We just didn't perform."

"Their league position suggests they are ahead of us"

"I think we need to play better."

"I actually think if Sir Alex was here this year it would be difficult for Sir Alex as well"

- David William Moyes

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

TelekineticBear! posted:

hes a proper mentalist like all dutch people

He really is lol

"Van Gaal really has Alzheimer's if he writes stuff like that. You wonder whether he has one or two screws loose." - Johan Cruyff

"Van Gaal is the Hitler of the Brazilian players, is arrogant, proud and has a problem. He has no idea of football. His type is sick, he's crazy." - Giovanni

"His management style reminds me of that of Felix Magath,"
-Karl-Heinz Rummenigge ( This is not a compliment)

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

tarbrush posted:

Has anyone from Chelsea given an update on any of them?

Cech is out for the season anyway. Terry's is just a sprain

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

quote:

Oliver Holt ‏@OllieHolt22 60s
Mourinho hinting in press conference he will play weakened team against Liverpool on Sunday.

MIND GAMES

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Baldo di Gregorio posted:

Coming tomorrow apparently, 4 games being reported.

Is it an immediate ban?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...the-league.html

Maybe not MIND GAMES after all

• Locked thread