Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Dani Osvaldo proved to be a pretty awful transfer, say what you like about Lamela or Cornelius at least they didn't headbutt one of their teammates. Hopefully someone will buy him and we won't lose as much money as Cardiff lost with Cornelius. Osvaldo's absence has meant that Lambert has had to play way more football than he should have and has meant that he's looked terrible in some games where he probabably shouldn't have been playing, potentially jeopardising his World Cup spot. The only positive being that at least Gallagher has got some Premier League playing time and got to score a goal against Norwich.

On the plus side, one of Osvaldo's three goals for us was that great one against Man City.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Seems pointless to sack Hughton now, they must be banking on the new manager bounce working for the Fulham game and hoping that win will be enough.

Also, what's the furthest into the season a manager has been sacked? I can't remember one so late on.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Total Meatlove posted:

Has this been posted yet?

We certainly have become more fan friendly since Cortese left.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Jay Rodriguez has ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament and will be out for six months. I'm actually gutted for him, he's been our best player ever since he played for England and deserved to go to the World Cup. Hopefully he can come back from this.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I like Norwich and hope they stay up

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Although my heart wants to say Lallana and Shaw, it really has to be Suarez and then either Sturridge or Hazard. I'm leaning slightly towards Hazard myself but either would be a good choice.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

TheGoatFeeder posted:

In actual Premier League news, Burnley have just been promoted, decent away day that.

I wonder how Danny Ings will do in the Premier League, he was great against us in the cup earlier this season.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I feel bad for Moyes, managing Utd was a once in a lifetime opportunity and he hosed it up.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Bogan Krkic posted:

This is honestly the worst press release I've ever seen

Probably got some poor terrified intern to write it.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Losing Shaw has always been inevitable but getting £30 million for him is pretty great. Hopefully that will actually be reinvested in the squad but it's hard to know what Katharina Liebherr plans to do, Shaw is our only LB so at least some of the money would have to be spent. Especially as Matt Targett doesn't seem ready to step up.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Southampton executive director Les Reed has come out today and said that the club hasn't received any bids of offers for any players and that any enquiries would likely be met with a "no, not for sale". Of course this is all very easy to say now and we'll see what happens over the summer but that's slightly reassuring, hopefully we'll actually be left with some players at the start of next season.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Blue Screen Error posted:

I'm going to run for mod with the campaign promise of mandatory top gear avs for all Manchester United fans

You'd get my vote.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

blue footed boobie posted:

Here is the PFA team of the year. Someone can put it in code tags.

Cech, Shaw, Kompany, Cahill, Coleman, Hazard, Toure, Gerrard, Lallana, Suarez, Sturridge

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pfa-awards-live-news-reaction-3467567#ixzz307I3NvDl
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Sounds about right to me. Kompany has been kinda poo poo, but I'm not sure who else to pick.

I love Shaw and am super stoked for him to be there but Azpilicueta and maybe Baines have probably been better this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Blue Screen Error posted:

Spurs loss will be Norwich's gain, I can't wait till Sherwood is our manager and proves all you idiots wrong

He'll lose both games against Ipswich and throw his coat on the ground in anger.

• Locked thread