Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Lamela is definitely the worst considering his pricetag and the fact hes barely kicked a ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

TheRat posted:

I remember there was some talk in the CL thread about a commentator calling Antonio Valencia one of the fastest players in the world and people (myself included) not believing it. Apparently it's true :stare:

(This test was done on star players, so that guy you know thats a sprinter and also sort of good at football doesnt count)

this must be over a pretty short distance as there is no loving way messi is that fast over anything more than 10 yards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyJ_1m2HCK0

TelekineticBear! fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 3, 2014

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Carrier posted:

Remember when all the arsenal posters posted incessantly about how great giroud was and wanted to marry him? I do.

they did

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Carrier posted:

He's a professional footballer.

Sam Byram, a literal teenager, played 53 games last season in his first full season and his performances didnt drop over time

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Blue Screen Error posted:

It does seem a bizarre decision from a board normally known for not taking knee jerk reactions.

Darren Huckerby for manager imo

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Cart Cam posted:

I live in Leeds so every time he's mentioned here.

he was real bad op

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

not not luvd posted:

Would you honestly rather win the Carling Cup and get relegated / face relegation every single season than be Arsenal? It's like people are refusing to belief that chance is a factor here.

I would take relegation if it meant winning a trophy

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

arsenal arent very good at producing youth players

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

rats off to ya posted:

Well Bale's sale "spurred" on that buying spree and at least Chelsea brought in ~56m from Mata and De Bruyne.

Im still surprised chelsea managed to get so much cash for De Bruyne

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

my feelings on liverpool http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfpde4_benny-hill-was-a-leeds-fan_fun

would still they win the league ahead of chelsea though

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

JFairfax posted:

Liverpool has high quality pills and they love a party OP so them for me.

This is false

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

I don't see anyway Suarez leaves liverpool, they're all but guaranteed champions league football next year, hes the main man in the team that could end up winning the title and it would take Bale esque money for Liverpool to even consider selling him

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Hard to believe come july gerrard will have captained liverpool to the league title and england to world cup glory

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Blue Screen Error posted:

Leeds do deserve to be in Europe

this!!! thsi!!!!!

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Grimble posted:

Leeds supporters don't

is it still 1975 or are you basing this on modern events? Or just from the wikipedia page for the leeds united service crew

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Sonic H posted:

Don't say that. Everton are probably the only team in City's run in who could turn them over.

Although after last night, there may be more.

Don't everton have a really good record against City or am I chatting poo poo?

Also echoing the anyone but chelsea

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Joopjan posted:

He's not good enough for the premier league, same thing could have been said about his brother. Siem is a bit better but he he's a bit of a jack of all trades. He's not physical enough for the premier league.

what about his havard educated tactical brain?!

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

TheGoatFeeder posted:

I'm still amused by Walker beating Aguero to it in 11/12

I still have no idea how walker won it that year as he is terrible

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

23 is still way too old to be considered a good young player in football

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

I think hazard plays for a garbageman hell team but he is very good

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

I think this season has been so much better than last years and if the ending of the season stays strong it could even be better than 2011-12

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

I'd love that purely because of how badly they'd fail and I dont think theres a sight i'd enjoy more than Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes sour loving faces

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Answers Me posted:

'People who played under Fergie' is the next big manager myth after unproven foreigners and people from Glasgow

this already exists tbf

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

James R posted:

Couldn't give a poo poo about the rest, but Gordon Strachan deserves respect as a manager in his own right. He had a poor spell at Boro after Celtic, but rather than being sacked and taking the payday he realised and knew he wasn't taking them where they needed to go and tore up his contract taking no compensation. This is the guy who got Southampton to a FA Cup Final and into the UEFA Cup. Southampton.

Gordon Strachan (Current Scotland Manager)
-FA Cup runner up with Southampton
-3 Scottish Premier League titles
-1 Scottish Cup win
-2 Scottish League Cup wins

Took over a piss poor Celtic team who were struggling against a solid and talented Rangers side and turned them around, with fantastic results in the Champions League including defeating Barcelona to make it to the last-16 twice.

Took over Scotland who were woeful under Craig Levein and has moved them all the way up to 22nd in the FIFA World Rankings. That's 47 places higher than they were when he took over.

Gordon Strachan is a legend and Ferguson also hates him which can only raise my opinion of him

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

James R posted:

They're crippled by debts as it is

lol

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

pooshited

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

I dont think theres anything ill enjoy more than seeing ryan giggs fail, wouldnt be surprised if the egotistical prick has been undermining moyes all along in order to get the job

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

I cant wait for Giggs to make himself player-manager and captain and play 90 minutes of every game while he furiously wanks over another family member who reads out all the seasons hes played to him

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Real shameful stuff from Giggs, good to see the "class of 92" spirit running true, undermining the manager throughout the entire season,likely being the source of many a leak in order to ensure that he got the job

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

"oh i havent got my goal yet as im a big dumb fail welsh oval office so get the manager out" - ryan giggs 2014

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

euroboy posted:

would upset a lot of the old boys at the club

I'd like to see all the old cunts get ousted and dragged through the streets of leeds as part of some crude witch trial imo

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

britishbornandbread posted:

the term you're looking for OP is Showtrial

what if they're literally branded as witches?

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Taff posted:

Did I post about the training row between them? I cant remember. I was told Giggs didnt show up to a coaches meeting, and so one of the other coaches went to find him. Giggs was still in the training rooms and said something along the lines of "Its pointless us having these meetings when that stubborn oval office doesnt listen to a word we say."

Shocking ego from Giggs, undermining Moyes since day one. Its amazing the attitude he has and for someone who people regularly fellate based on his "personality" and "professionalism" im glad its shown the plastic cymraeg twat for the horrible scum he is

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Taff posted:

Phil Neville both stayed.

Another class of 92 cronie, embarrassing stuff from inside the "Theatre of dreams"

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Duncan Sperguson posted:

Taff what's up with Moyes falling out so hard with Neville and Woods, you'd think with him bringing them with him there'd have been some form of relationship there but now they seem to hate him as much as the United lot.

Phil Neville is like a traditional eton fag, he grew up giving hand jobs to Giggs, Scholes etc and its where his true loyalties lie

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Burqa King posted:

Michael Laudrup was suggested on the today programme so I'm putting everything I own on him

Laudrup is a myth so I'd love to see him at man united

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Lot 49 posted:

Who would you say did a worse job?

Peter Reid, Terry Venables, Howard Wilkinson at Sunderland, Alan Shearer etc

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Lot 49 posted:

No, I was unaware that United were very successful under Ferguson.

Re: van Gaal I just read this and it made me lol:

Piqué's grandfather was even a club director, and one day he invited Barcelona's coach Louis van Gaal to lunch. "This," he said, introducing the young Gerard, "is my grandson – a centre-back for Barcelona's youth team." Van Gaal looked at Piqué and, without warning, pushed him over. Towering above the 14- year-old, he barked: "You're too weak to be a Barcelona defender."

hes a proper mentalist like all dutch people

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

irlZaphod posted:

Did Woodward really break the news to Moyes? Surely he should have been sacked along with him.

Sack the entire club, its rotten to the core anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Baldo di Gregorio posted:

Ryan Giggs is a piece of poo poo lol

hes a real scumbag, if he wasnt a footballer you just know he'd be selling coke on a council estate

• Locked thread