Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
He's going to arsenal to compete for the most prestigious trophy if all, 4th place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I think in 2064 the invincibles will refer to the hardy race of mutants that survived the nuclear winter of 2014/15

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I suppose it's because the invincibles were really expensive and then wenger was like Get this, I can win without these guys too! and then signally failed to do so

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
If they miss out on fourth, who'll want to come?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
The thing I don't get is why it was necessary to rebuild the club, they should have got some Arabs in like everyone else

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Does anyone think wenger will go to psg btw

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
i mean he's french and he did well with unlimited funds and got to the CL semis a couple of times but would they want him is what i meant

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
How would you address them Zaph?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
people talk about net spend but with arsenal's attacking problems it probably makes sense to buy cheaper nets

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

tbp posted:

There's a bit of subjective review going on from both sides re: Wenger I think. An considering his career at Arsenal, currently, splits pretty evenly in half it makes sense I suppose. But I don't really think he has it in him to break out of this perpetual runner-up quality that seems to be instilled in the club for whatever reason. Arsenal were top for ages this season and still nobody thought they were a legitimate challenger, here at least.

Whatever reason = they poo poo the bed against top teams. Writing was on the wall when they lost to man u

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Classic Colback

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Headhunter posted:

The 80s was a magical time for football.

Um

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
My experience of Liverpool fans is that they're insufferable whether they lose or win. They are horribly sentimental and constantly talk about being victimised, more than the Jews even. I want them (Liverpool fans) to be ground to dust. I want the dust to be sealed in lead and dropped in the Irish Sea so it doesn't contaminate the rest of us.

There are too many ex-players in the media too. Way more than there should be. Finally, I fuckibg hate Jamie Redknapp and his stupid waistcoats and youthful appearance.

There is much less sanctimonious mythology surrounding Chelsea and City, perhaps because they haven't been around as long. Jose is good-looking and has a GSOH. Pellegrini is too old to be likable so he is my second choice.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Beta than yours that's for sure

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Those awards tend to jinx things so I'm actually glad, so chew on that

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
The team are good to watch but many of the fans are an entitled bunch of crybabies. I live with one and he's full of conspiracy theories about Howard Webb. I'm dreading the day he finds out about Hillsborough tbh

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

vyelkin posted:

Wow, good one.

Thank you. It was scary at first because of the outrageous bias shown towards Liverpool ITF and the various non-fatal psychiatric disorders that afflict so many Liverpool fans but I'm really pleased to get this out in the open

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Don't forget the time Liverpool fans organised a massive campaign to get a violent thug out of prison on the basis that he was scouse and that the man who'd been left with permanent brain damage wasn't scouse at all, and was in fact foreign.

Legitimately despicable.

I didn't realise that DJ was foreign?? Haha

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Gabby is a good one on one finisher, better than for example england regular
Danny Welbeck

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Subtle

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Arsene and pellegrini aren't even in the top ten of managers likely to leave. Sherwood is 5/2 then all the relegation candidates plus Moyes

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Arsene 25/1, could be worth a punt ???? As a successor is prob lined up

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

I think Ashley is happy for Newcastle to bumble along indefinitely midtable but if that status was threatened I think he'd make a change.

One of the more conservative pissflap predictions

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Newc are a nice team. Who could forget such players as Tiny asprilla, gino ginola, shola the amoeba, and so on

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Every Bony was kung fu fighting

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

sassassin posted:

He bricked his boss and knocked up a townie.

Bhyo u neva said you was FOOTBALLER??

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Seems like a good idea. German players perform well here. I hope muller comes too. Spurs should have got him with the bale money really

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
That's unfair and untrue

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I think man u can beat the arse and spurs to fifth

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I saw Ravel run the show against yeovil in a 3 nil demolition at loftus road. And Connor wickham's goals probably kept the owls in the championship. Why do poo poo prem teams loan out their stars like this?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Primpod posted:

Fulham players have been randomly ringing up people who renewed their season tickets to thank them.

Magath's actually done quite a few things to try and get the fans more involved in the club and with the players, saying that he's trying to adopt a more german style of fan involvement. It's fairly shrewd if it's an attempt to shake some of the malaise around the club too.

how nice I hope they go down so the season tickets are cheaper ftw

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
He was pretty good at man city irrc

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Wazzerphuk posted:

They've knocked £100 off them as long as you buy before the 9th of May, which is probably just before we'll know where we'll be playing. Magath has said he'll stick around regardless, and if he carries on bringing through more of our all-conquering youth team, I'll be delighted.

As well as the phonecalls, which are fairly loving cool, they gave out a few prizes given out to people who'd renewed at the Norwich game, too - signed shirts, seats in the director's box, and one guy got to announce the team before the match.

nice where is it best to sit

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Fancy putting your personal faith before work, you couldn't make it up

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Are there any other players with first name instead of a surname?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Eau de MacGowan posted:

my dog pretty much sums up how I feel re city today:

in particular I think I've lost patience with Joe Hart. I've defended him for this two year 'blip', but getting beat at your near post from 20 yards for the third or fourth time in a season...

I blame the shampoo ads. Looks like fame went to his head. And shoulders

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

Messi's started advertising it now too, coinciding with his poo poo form.

Sounds like a real head scratcher lol

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Hmmm some compelling arguments from both sides

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Think I'm going to throw in my lot with Lallana because he plays for a poo poo team and scores lots of nice goals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFqYv27kHc8

• Locked thread