Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsenal's last 10 games :stare:

There are teams in a relegation fight in better form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Ramsey apparently has a chance of playing Sunday :getin: Nacho, too. He doesn't get a :getin:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

euroboy posted:

Mourinho plans to sell Torres, Ba, Lukaku and Eto'o in the summer and hopes to reduce their massive wage list and replace them with Costa, Mandzukic and one more. Apparently FFP is a real thing after all?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...the-season.html

This just sounds like they're replacing their strikers. Paying Mandzukic, Costs, a third striker, and Torres isnt really going to lower the wage bill.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Lukaku has proved at two different PL clubs that he can score at this level.

So why do Chelsea want to sell him when he's only going to get better?

I don't know but it's absolutely hilarious. He's only 20 and is averaging a goal every other game.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Monreal and Ramsey are in the squad for Sunday :getin:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Royality posted:

When Adebayor came to England he would do post-match interviews despite apparently not speaking English. He's still poo poo at it.

Adebayor's old interviews were the best. He was completely unintelligible and spoke a mile a minute.

E: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4cu42_carry-on-adebayor_people

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Apr 4, 2014

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Modus Trollens posted:

it was in the guardian too

he literally said this poo poo

hes melting down

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/04/arsenal-injuries-supplements-arsene-wenger

Yeah. I watched a video of it to see what the hell was going on. I really don't know what to make of it, and he sounds insane and out of touch.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

euroboy posted:

I wonder who's going to take over for Arsene Wenger in the summer. Maybe give Alex Ferguson a call?

It'll be Martinez.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

euroboy posted:

Wengers contract is up in the summer and it this rate I doubt that he'll get a new one and I have even more doubts about him wanting to stay on.

A win in the fa cup would be a brilliant way to go out but the way the team has been playing the last two months I can't see them getting to the final and if that happens things are going to get seriously ugly with Wenger.

He's always said he wouldn't continue if he's not doing a good job and, welp.

I just wonder what the hell the situation is in the dressing room. It must be absolutely shocking.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

not not luvd posted:

Fifth and a humiliating exit in the FA Cup and I'm done.

I'm done with him already. This is abysmal.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Cart Cam posted:

let Hodgson cause you to get relegated and then you can have a proper cry.

Huh?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

DickEmery posted:

Arsenal posters turning on their players is beyond parody now.

For the record I am NOT turning on the players and am ONLY turning on Wenger

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shitshow posted:

I still rate Giroud, but it's pretty obvious he's an ill fit for a one-striker system. Also, he's played an insane number of minutes this season and has to be totally knackered.

Yeah he's getting a lot of abuse recently but he is so so isolated. If anything I would criticize the central midfielders the most. have no clue what they're doing. They're now tracking back and not linking up with the forwards they just exist to play cheeky short passes and lose possession.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

irlZaphod posted:

Arsenal were poo poo today, but they were decent against City. As long as they stay grounded and don't assume they can just walk to the final, they'll easily beat Wigan. It's Wenger's job to make sure that happens.

It all depends on whether Arsenal show up for it. Recent history says they probably won't.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

ARsenal have the same injury problems every year lmao

One of the many reasons why Wenger must walk.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I especially like this one because its the exact opposite of what happened last year.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Cazorla was breathtaking in his first game at Arsenal tbf, as good as Fabregas on his best day. He never really equalled that again though.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Eau de MacGowan posted:

So was Arshavin...
And Ozil...
Is there some kind of... pattern?

:confused:

It's almost as if Wenger...must...walk?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Glad that its arsenal fan hyperbole time.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

not not luvd posted:

As fun as it is playing the Above It All poster, in what way are we not in an a bit of a crisis? It's been the same story for too many years FA Cup or no.

What the hell are you talking about I've been saying we should sack Wenger all day. I literally posted it at least 40 times in the mdt.

E: Oh you misunderstood. I was saying it was time to talk about arsenal fans hyperbolically.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

not not luvd posted:

I don't want van Gaal to go to Spurs :(

It's okay, he won't last the year.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Everyone will forget that the Hull Tigers thing ever happened within 6 months.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I've enjoyed Sherwood's antics and I hope he brings his circus to Norwich.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
So this is from goal.com, but there are quotes, so:

Santi Cazorla posted:

I want titles and that is why I came to Arsenal,” he told Sport360. “Every football player wants to win titles. We’ve gone many years without winning one.

“And if not, what I’ll look for in my next destination is to have the chance to win.”

On the subject of a winning mentality, Cazorla added: “That is what makes it different at other clubs.

“You’ve a good example in Manchester City who signed Fernandinho, [Alvaro] Negredo... or even Manchester United with [Robin] Van Persie and [Juan] Mata.

“Arsenal know what they need next season, but it’s almost impossible to win a title if we haven’t got these kind of things.”

“I don’t want to close doors, but nowadays I’ve a contract with Arsenal for two more seasons,” he continued.

“When I’m turning 31 I’ll evaluate myself and I’ll choose the best option. In which case, I would be delighted to come back [to Spain].”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/04/09/4741008/cazorla-open-to-arsenal-exit-we-lack-a-winning-mentality

I hope it's made up? Can't believe he said this during the season.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
If the quotes are true it's an incredible indictment of Wenger that he could let morale get so low that a regular starter is talking about leaving and the team not having a winning mentality the week of an FA cup semi-final

e: those updated quotes :stare: holy poo poo

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

not not luvd posted:

Also this is the most I've ever seen Arsenal fans as a whole be up for Wenger leaving..

It's been long enough. He had time to turn things around and finally spent some money and things just got worse.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

not not luvd posted:

Do you trust the board to replace him well? At least Wenger would like to win, I don't think they give a gently caress.

I really have no clue. I imagine that the board will just be a rubber stamp on whoever Kroenke wants, and we have no indication of what he'll do. I just need something to change. Watching this team get embarrassed a handful of times every season is taking it's toll.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

not not luvd posted:

Don't troll.

My worry is that the next person we appoint will show our ambition. If we get a great manager then it'll suggest we've told them there's money there to spend and we're going to try and win something. If we pick from a lower tier then yeah.

For me, the issue will be whether they're willing to invest in the team. I don't really have a problem with the club appointing a manager like Rodgers or Wenger who came from the "lower tier," as long as the manager has a plan and vision for the club. As it stands now, the team needs at least four first team players (striker, centerback, defensive midfielder, wide forward), and probably a right back and another centerback when Sagna and Vermalean leave. If the club backs the new manager, things could turn out nicely, but if we keep with Wenger's signing pace we'll just slip further down the table.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

not not luvd posted:

Interesting that you think we need a new starting CB but otherwise I agree.

If he does go which I don't think he will unless we completely poo poo the bed in the cup and league I wonder if he'll go upstairs or another club. I would hate to see him manage someone else.

Well we don't necessarily need to replace either of Kosc or Mert, but there should be a third CB who isn't much of a step down from them.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shoren posted:

Cazorla is hardly a luxury player. He may not run himself into the ground as much as Rosicky but he does work defensively, much more than Podolski that's for sure. He didn't go about it well, but he's entirely right.

I don't think he's a luxury player per se (he wasn't last season), but he clearly doesn't work with Ozil, and has been absolutely dogshit for the last 3 months or so.

Ideally I think the three behind the striker will be Ozil behind the striker and some combination of Wilshere/Walcott/New Left Winger on the wings. Cazorla may be handy to keep around for a backup for all three positions, but if the quotes are true he can gently caress right off imo.

e: I doubt Kroenke steps in unless we miss out on fourth and he has to inject some funds to protect his investment. I'm not sure it will be necessary if we retain fourth, since by all accounts there's decent money to be spent.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Apr 9, 2014

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ravel posted:

Ramsey?

he would be part of the midfield 2 imo. We need to get some code tags itt.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ravel posted:

How different this season would have been had we bid 50m for Suarez lol

They wouldn't have sold for 50 tbh.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ravel posted:

He was a good player that was banned for the next few months. He'd been banned for cumulatively 19 games in two seasons the first of which he'd spent being as unclinical as possible.

I really don't think so. Rodgers was initially floating 55m after Cavani went to PSG, then when we bid 40 he started saying that it would take Bale money to get him. They (rightfully) were never going to actually sell him.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

not not luvd posted:

E2 - Re: Cazorla. I can see us selling to City at some point.

If the quotes are true he could be leaving this summer.

Generally I'd like to see Arteta leave. He's been astonishingly poo poo this year and has high wages. I also think its time to move Poldi out. I actually like him as a player, but he's such a defensive liability that we can't afford to give him anything but 20 minute cameos.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

tbp posted:

Arsenal are always "right there". It's always one big transfer away, one player back from injury, etc. It's not going to happen with such a weak mentality in the team no matter what.

It's almost as if Wenger must walk?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Baldo Di Gregorio posted:

Those factors changed for everyone

Arsenal were literally the only ones to build a stadium in that time to be fair.

Arsene did a lot for the club, but it's gone on too long and it's all gotten a little sad for the last few years and that is going to tarnish his reputation obviously.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

United did an 8k seat expansion in 2006 as well. It's not a full stadium but it's not like they stuck up a couple folding chairs.

I don't think an 8k expansion really compares at all to building a 60k stadium?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

and hasn't won a trophy in a decade.

It's not a decade!!!!

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

vyelkin posted:

50 years from now people will remember Wenger for the Invincibles, but they'll also wonder how he could win the league in 2004 and then nothing after 2005. If he built a team that could go undefeated, why did he stop being able to win anything a year later?

Arsenal fans will remember him for rebuilding the club in his own image, and to be fair he did revolutionize the way they did things, but will that really be enough?

Enough for what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

vyelkin posted:

To not tarnish his legacy.

Obviously it's somewhat tarnished I don't really get that the hell this conversation is about at this point.

• Locked thread