Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Striker Andreas Cornelius signed for Cardiff for a club record 8.5 million which Cardiff say with agent fees etc came to more round £11-15 million, and played 8 games without scoring before being sold back to Copenhagen for a undisclosed fee, but Cardiff claimed to have lost 8.5 million on him

He's the worst, no one remembers him he was so bad. He was defo worse than Jozy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I don't know Lukaku personally, but I would guess he appreciates that Chelsea granted his request to go out on loan and doesn't consider it a slight.

Though the club did gently caress him over his first season when they played him and then realized that meant he couldn't go out on loan.

But I think there's very little chance of Lukaku throwing a strop prior to reporting back from World Cup duty.

Is there anyone who knows Lukaku personally who could comment on this?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

pik_d posted:

He's only 23 and is still playing football

and is white

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

tbp posted:

I said Suarez was better than Torres and hell, I think I was right

In 2010 you were saying he could end up being the best player to ever play in the premiership

I saw it when looking for the jozy thread

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Shrapnig posted:

Torres or Suarez, use some loving diction in your posts.

In 2010 Suarez was playing in the dutch league, aka the home of wastemen

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Adams will unleash the Big Bad Wolfswinkel imo 5 games 10 goals book it

1 goal this season, hes another Jozy

Just looking at the rumours and news from the weekend, I see some of the papers are again picking up on Shaw to United and Giggs to leave his coaching role??? Hmmmm ;)

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I dont have any news if I do I would post it

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

chuggo is BACK posted:

Wait a minute, big team that needs a left back are in for the best young left back and previously key player who is out of the team wants to leave? Wow your contacts must be impeccable Taff

Thanks I'm glad you are on board

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

vyelkin posted:

These are the posts I was thinking of btw luvd:

I'd rather Chelsea win the league than City but I'd rather City win the league than Liverpool

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

8raz posted:

I want Liverpool to win because scousers are the funniest best people with the biggest penises.

Weird I always thought you were a scouser

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Thirteenth Step posted:

I can't understand why neutrals want the oil clubs to win the league over Liverpool. Liverpool are easily the most likeable of the title contenders.

Most of the Liverpool fans on here seem alright, but the ones I know in real life are simply the worst.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Ive been told that my sources dont think theres a chance Moyes is getting sacked in the summer

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I could be wrong, please dont shoot me when Moyes gets sacked and Shaw signs for Chelsea

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

sassassin posted:

Nice backpeddling

Theres like another few months of the season who knows what will happen!

Ive been spot on with everything else Ive predicted, no one can doubt me now not even Greg.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Bovril Delight posted:

So either way you've covered your bases with Moyes

I dont mind if you guys dont believe me, I just pass on the info as I get it, I was told on the last day of the transfer window that United were seeing if they could push through a deal for Shaw but they were more confident of it going through in the summer, and I was told yesterday that my source doesnt think Moyes will be gone in the summer.

If he loses every game for the rest of the season then both of these could change and that wont be my fault. If you'd prefer I'll keep my itk supertips private so it doesnt distract from posting about Liverpool. :drac:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Jose when I was up in newcastle a few months ago everyone I knew who was a newcastle fan told me the same thing - Pardew wont be sacked or quit because he has massive gambling debts to Ashley, and he's working them off. Is there any truth to that or is it all bollocks. I got told it by a few different season ticket holders, and then by an old man with his dogs who stopped me when I was posing outside the stadium. Heres the pic of me posing

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Steves Asleep posted:

That's a lovely photo but similar to Jose I've never heard anyone say this irl either. In fact I think the only place I've heard it is here by you.

I'd just like to state for the record that its only a rumour I heard and isnt direct from my itk sources.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

sassassin posted:

Why would players leave Bayern?

To Play For David Moyes.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Pissflaps posted:

United are poo poo.

Yep, Newcastle are poo poo.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Burqa King posted:

I saw Ravel run the show against yeovil in a 3 nil demolition at loftus road. And Connor wickham's goals probably kept the owls in the championship. Why do poo poo prem teams loan out their stars like this?

Ravel is mental and fell out with Big Sam.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Leave my patrons out of this. We still believe in Moyes.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Everythings set for David Moyes to win his final five games and finish 4th

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Lol

Can't believe he's going to be sacked. Clearly lost the dressing room tho

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

irlZaphod posted:

Neither can I, I believed you when you said a few weeks ago that he wouldn't be sacked.

I didn't?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Pissflaps posted:

I thought you were supposed to be an itk

My source is on holiday but I've text him

Welbeck saying he was thinking about leaving, the lack of any spirit or tactics on the weekend, it's become inevitable

Still didn't expect it

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Taff posted:

Ive been told that my sources dont think theres a chance Moyes is getting sacked in the summer

Looks like I could be right????

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I'd like giggs in 5-6 years after coaching experience

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Got a message back from my source he said he messages phil yesterday but didn't mention this

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
He's just sent me another message and said Phil was again talking of quitting recently so could be that he's been asked to take on the role with giggs, but phil hadn't told him that

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

FullLeatherJacket posted:

On the 17th August, Moyes will be the first manager other than Ferguson to take charge of United in a competitive game since Ron Atkinson lost 4-1 to Southampton in the League Cup on the 4th November 1986. This has caused a bunch of people to start hooting like handicapped bonobos that United are going to finish midtable or some such nonsense, despite the fact that they have a far better squad than anyone below third.

Writing the summary of Liverpool Football Club is probably going to be my most difficult challenge, as if I am mean and laugh at this noted joke failure club, Greg will get awful mad and not endorse my plans for posting gulags. However, this makes it hard to discuss a club that has slipped so far into the metaphorical bin that we had to ban the phrase “in the bin” from the forum, lest the entire subforum degrade into grown men shouting the word “BIN” at each other like retarded owls.

In truth, Liverpool find themselves in something of a no-man’s land. Their stated ambition is to get back into real contention for the top four Champions League places, but they are hamstrung somewhat by the fact that they spent the entire warchest given to them by Fenway Sports Group (the group Fenway Park is named after) on some of the most awful players never to have actively played in the SPL. And one who had. And who wasn’t even good there. So they’re now trying to play cautious “moneyball” investments against teams who spend like Jody Morris wants a new car. Liverpool fans deal with this by going on FIFA and setting all their players’ stats to more reasonable numbers, such as 99, and then exclusively playing against Rochdale.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

I think you'll find that all of my Official Jacket Preview Predictions have been shown to be correct to almost perfect accuracy

Especially whatever I said about Ian Holloway

Hot Cool Facts: Ian Holloway is back in the Premier League, which is nice and will lead to more fun unprofessional ramblings in his “look, mum, I’m an extra from the Fable series” West Country accent, at least up until he is mathematically relegated in January. One time he explained how racism is bad because now you can order all kinds of food in London. He also doesn’t seem to understand the Bosman rule or why it was brought in. I’m not going to explain the Bosman rule to you, but the basic gist is that you’re not allowed to charge money for Belgian things anymore because of trading standards.

On the other hand, the last time Holloway brought up a woefully poor team (I believe that Blackpool team refused to pay wages over £10,000 a week), he almost kept them up. And they beat Liverpool about eight times that season. Which was cool and we all did high-fives and stuff. After being relegated, he sold his best player to Liverpool, who immediately became their worst player. He may also have left a flaming bag of turds on Kenny Dalglish’s doorstep, but there’s no concrete evidence to support that theory.

In preparation for this season, Palace have signed Kevin Phillips. That Kevin Phillips. Who is literally older than Ryan Giggs, the oldest man alive. He’s also now their best player. There are, frankly, some levels of awfulness that sink below what I, or indeed, the English language, can reasonably describe.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
For what it's worth just got a text that says "Moyes sacked this morning!! Official"

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Pissflaps posted:

Was it from the news?

No it was from my boss who was messaging Phil Neville

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

I Feast On Dogshit posted:

Well. I look like an idiot now

Dont you owe OMG £50 now?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Lets look on the positives on this, Taff broke the news first thing that he would be sacked this morning and yet again proved his #ITK record

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Hit Man posted:

lol what took so long

Purely speculation but given the result on the weekend made it mathematically impossible to finish in a Champs league spot maybe it was down to that? If they did have that clause that he took less compensation then maybe the weekend was the straw that broke the back that allowed them to sack him cheaper.

Also this stood out for me from BBC "The BBC understands coaches Steve Round and Jimmy Lumsden have also left their posts." - interesting that they left and not Phil. As I said before he's been really disecnchanted with Moyes and wanted to quit.

Whoever reported that the Times ran the story only to combat the other papers could be spot on because they were originally reporting Neville as leaving with Moyes as he hadnt earned the respect of the players, when everything I hear from my end is that Phil wasnt worried about finding another job if he got dumped as the players would all say what a good job he had done.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Giggs to play himself and Ashley Young in every game and designate himself penalty taker to make sure he gets his goal

*credit someone on twitter yesterday

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Giggs being appointed is a strange one. All the rumours about there being rows between him and Moyes were true, and he was definitely leaving the club in the summer if Moyes was still there.

Did I post about the training row between them? I cant remember. I was told Giggs didnt show up to a coaches meeting, and so one of the other coaches went to find him. Giggs was still in the training rooms and said something along the lines of "Its pointless us having these meetings when that stubborn oval office doesnt listen to a word we say."

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

peanut- posted:

Moyes was never the right choice, but I feel a bit sorry for him because the players and senior staff at United do seem to have tried their hardest to completely gently caress him over.

Also this might be better for the finances thread, but surely United are going to get in trouble with the NYSE over this? Massive leaks of significant information before any official announcements from the business is very naught for a listed company.

They can announce before the market opens. Its briefing journalists on stuff thats a no no according to @Andersred on twitter who does all the excellent financial stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Rooneys arrived at training and he's brought a friend

He may not be the hero we deserve, but he's the one we need right now

Batman for new manager

• Locked thread