Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Phone posted:

Oh, I forgot one thing that tickles me a bit: Middle schoolers, who are abhorrent human beings, ask GOP candidates, who are abhorrent human beings, about real issues. The middle schoolers have an excuse such as hormones and still developing, but they come off looking so much better and thoughtful than the GOP candidates.

I guess this means that education is going to get another cut because the previous cuts still haven't killed critical thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

The key of why the Mormon rancher in Nevada gets to claim his ancestral rites and Native Americans don't is in his use of the term "beneficial use" of the land. If I recall this was a justification given by Ayn Rand why it was okay for white Europeans to seize the land and resources of America, because the natives didn't know how to utilize that land and those resources properly and thus were not entitled to ownership, that's the gist of the argument.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Axetrain posted:

Didn't Arkane make something like a hundred grand betting on the election?

After being away from the forums for a while after the election, he claimed he made something lie 200K betting on stuff like Romney getting the nomination and Obama winning the general election or something.

I have a bit of a hard time believing it because if it were truly those kind of bets he would probably have had to risk a lot more than that to make that much and it would be crazy to do rather than just investing it in a more conventional way, in my opinion, a lot of risk in case things turned sideways due to unexpected events.

• Locked thread