Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Chris Christie posted:

Friendly reminder that those wonderful sweet justices on the left side of the SCOTUS have no problem making GBS threads all over things like property rights or 2nd amendment rights. They think it's perfectly OK for government to take your land or home and sell it to the highest bidder, and perfectly OK for a city or state to ignore the bill or rights and strip its citizens of their constitutional rights.

The Supreme Court is going to be awful no matter which way the 4-4-1 split eventually breaks.

I smoke the 2nd amendment, sucka.

Also the Supremes should just kick it all at once, no favorites, do it under what's left of Obama's administration, or Clinton's next. Sotomayor can keep chillin' though, she's got it the most together up there.

Joementum posted:

The McCutcheon decision is actually net positive for people who are worried about the influence of money in politics.

Does this mean we can finally push for a constitutional convention which will be hijacked the moment it actually exists?

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I am starting to feel this way. I'm seeing a massive blowback coming from both liberals and conservatives which dud not happen following Citizens United, which I actually saw conservatives defend.

Or do you mean in another way?

Conservatives defended Citizens United because Hillary. Other than that, most people didn't like Mitt Romney coming out swinging for the concept, should have left that to the sharks.

McCutcheon just fulfills all of the hyper-rhetoric both sides have said about each other's pet-elites.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Fairey gets poo poo on any chance life gets, and not enough for the internet to be satisfied with.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Goons poo poo on multi-million dollar projects that look amazing and unique, but don't you dare criticize King George's art talent!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Huckabee was a fluke in '08, and as sharp as moon pie after his enlightening experience of winning a primary.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

greatn posted:

What kind of rear end in a top hat millionaire walks his return to the post office like some schmuck?

Hillary Clinton doesn't know how to pump her own gas!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I'm gonna tweet my dad doing boring poo poo, and wingnuts will subsidize my life forever.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Joementum posted:

Speaking of Harry Reid.

I request Reid's head on everyone.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The truth is he's helping Josh file his.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

On Terra Firma posted:

I run my own business and it's a little tricker than that. It took a whole TEN MINUTES of talking to my accountant and then a whole FIVE MINUTES writing out checks to the IRS. Granted I kept my books in ship shape all year round and had everything printed out from quickbooks ready to go. Most business owners are morons when it comes to that poo poo.

If you know how to manage your loving finances, it's not rocket science at all.

Mind your place job creator! Now fire 3 employees and give yourself a raise!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The right is already countering the Sterling story by informing people how the majority of black NBA players are dead beat dads and wife abusers.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I will only give a poo poo about that Wisconsin decision if it goes to the Supreme Court. The rest of the loving southwest still has to live with voter id.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

zamin posted:

Actually, they've been building the Tundra in San Antonio for about a decade. If we can build the Highlander, Sequoia and Sienna in Southern Indiana with no real supplier issues, Texas has nothing to worry about.

From living in both Indiana and Texas, let me tell you, Central Texas' infrastructure is leagues ahead of anything in Indiana.

It's a shame the Texas only has the Tundra from Toyota. That thing is a piece of poo poo and doesn't sell.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Crain posted:

I know I should stop going there but reddit is have thing wonderful meltdown over this. So many people parroting "But SoandSO said there should be black only league why isn't he getting in trouble too!? :qq:" and various other white people complaints about society not just ignoring racists and bigots anymore.

I mentioned earlier, there's a shitload of deflection, and gas lighting going on to minorities pretty much everywhere that they try and discuss this with average people. Sterling & Bundy & the next mindless tool are loving heroes now. They've made millions through hard-work, not winning the affirmative action lottery like that thug Magic loving Johnson.

-edit: Christ Texas is loving horrible.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

A series of fantastically bad ideas.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hope Hillary is ready for war in Ukraine.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Good Citizen posted:

Has anyone else been hearing a lot of rumblings about Dave Camp's tax reform act recently? I've heard from a lot of proponents recently on the academic side of tax professionals so I've been looking into it and it's basically a way to give all the money to the rich/corporations without the obvious ideological bent of Ryan's crazytime budgets. No more AMT, a permanent tax holiday for repatriation of corporate money, and unlimited IRA contributions stand out as obvious 'you gotta be kidding me' provisions. Yet several people who follow these things much more closely than I are making the case that it has a chance.

loving balls

It has a chance because Pfizer is ditching America to go to the UK. It is literal common sense knowledge that the United States is business unfriendly, the corporate taxes are too high here, and you either dodge the taxes, or you pick up and leave to people who will literally pay you to set up shop there.

Business has been very good at recovering, and making sure the Democrats are left a poo poo bag.

Class warfare has a price Harry Reid!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Reminder George W. Bush was underestimated, was the underdog throughout his life, and in general the only people who opposed him in 2000 were smarmy know it all liberals that work for Huffington Post now.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

effectual posted:

We need to invent "poorfluenza" to combat it.

It's called affirmative action.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Barudak posted:

And owned a baseball team. And went to one of the best schools in the country despite getting gentleman Cs. And being born into 3rd generation of fantastical wealth to an already incredibly accomplished statesman and veteran father.

Boo fuckin hoo I wish I was a George Bush underdog.

Latte liberals called him dumb, allow me to go into why he was not dumb, you see

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Actually the best option was and still is to Waco the fuckers.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

comes along bort posted:

Haha, no fuckin way really? Must've forgotten about that from the five minutes Arkane was on the campaign trail.

He said it during his last debate before he realized Arkane's last monthly check bounced, and his support dried up. Arkane had spent all his money buying goons tickets to see Waiting for Superman.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Stanos posted:

That's because Illinois would be red as poo poo if it weren't for Chicago.

The small-folk of Chicago are most to blame for, well everything. The Republicans need to make a comeback in Chicago, and clean up that murderous mess. So that Illinois can have responsible governorship again, and not crack pot Democrats who build useless gardens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

SedanChair posted:

All candidates should do ads while visibly buzzed.

I wish a candidate during the 3rd republican debate could be as drunk as Ric Flair.

• Locked thread