Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Joementum posted:

Glad you asked! The Director of the Gamefowl Defense Network, Michael Devereaux, would be happy to explain.

So, cockfighting is OK, fish fighting is OK, chicken boxing (which is totally not cockfighting) is OK, but dog fighting is bad.

By this logic if we ate the dogs it would be totally ok to fight them.... is the GDN secretly supporting Obama?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Fried Chicken posted:

i am nowhere near that cool

Good news, everyone! With more and more states inevitably legalizing the Devil's weed, soon every unhip square can be toking jazz cigarettes all the live-long day.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Doorstop posted:

Funny enough, I am a high school Biology teacher, and since I now get evaluated strictly on standardized testing (sucks) I have to adhere my classes really tightly to a set of GLEs that oddly does not include 'alternate theories'. I'm sure it will at some point, but thus far (six years) I've just started my evolution section off by gently making fun of 'I ain't no monkey' idiocy with a good powerpoint over hominid evolution. Since I teach in a pretty lovely place, economically, many of my kids don't come in with a strong, albeit wrong (Creationism), opinion, and they are pretty fascinated by Homo Habilis and Erectus, and think that the Australopithecines are interesting.

It's cool how all it takes to sway young people to question what they've been taught is just literally any other explanation or theory. I think that says a lot about those who cling to any untestable tenets, religious or otherwise; they will always strive to stamp out any dissenting thought, because deep down they fear that they're wrong, and the only thing keeping them in authority is the lack of an alternate interpretation.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Spoilers Below posted:

I wonder how a "counter" protest would work where people show up with all sorts of tools, bragging about how open carry of saws and drills and hammers will lead to a society that rewards work and how condemning all these things to the basement and the shed is what's holding the country back. Because, you know, nothing says "I understand what this tool is used for" like carrying is around all the drat time and brandishing it like a little kid with a new action figure.

"Hey, come look at my new Ryobi vibrating multi-tool! Look, it's dayglo yellow, and the man at the store said it was contractor grade. I can cut things easily with it! I even get to wear a utility belt, like Batman! I'm a responsible adult!"

This would accomplish - at most - nothing, but it is certainly a hilarious mental image :tipshat:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

CitizenKain posted:

So how do you say something so stupid even local Tea Party people disown you? Ask Drew Turiano:
http://mtstandard.com/news/local/turiano-says-he-s-his-own-man-in-house-race/article_2c1e529a-cb4f-11e3-b3a0-001a4bcf887a.html

The good news is, I live in Helena and have never heard of this guy.

quote:

About Drew Turiano

Office sought: U.S. House.

Office salary: $174,000.

Political party: Republican.

Birth date and place: Born March 12, 1974, in Mount Kisco, N.Y. Moved to Montana in 2006.

Home: Helena.

Family: Single.

Education: Graduated from Pleasantville (N.Y.) High School in 1993. Received bachelor’s degree in political science from Pace University in New York in 1998 and master’s degree in political science from Fordham University in New York in 2004.

Past employment: Wrote a science fiction book that he self-published, “George Buchanan Enters the Wormhole.”

Military: None.

Political experience: Communications director for Michael Lange’s U.S. Senate campaign in 2008. Lost Republican primary race for secretary of state in 2012.

:lol:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

axeil posted:

Wow. They really, really, really want another Waco. Armed checkpoints are something the Feds can't really ignore.

Of course they do. Going down in a hail of government bullets is the apotheosis of the fantasy these yahoos have invented for themselves.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Install Windows posted:

"Investigating" an internet forum involves having some rookie agents read through a bunch of printouts and never be in danger. Actually going out and taking down a bunch of armed and dangerous people out in the wilderness involves a lot more people and significant danger to life and safety for most of them. If you can start getting the people there to leave voluntarily and peacefully through any means, you quickly drop the risks.

Sounds like you're saying we need to weaponize our posting :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Nessus posted:

Abolish all post control, says I.

Just gonna print out GBS highlights and carry em around while I go shopping. It's my right, you can't get offended!

• Locked thread