Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Fried Chicken posted:

Ted Cruz is courting the Rickett family for cash, endorsing the latest scion for Nebraska governor and kissing the ring of patriarch Joe

You may remember Joe Rickett as owner of the Chicago Cubs, who wants the city to buy him a new stadium because e claims that would break our losing streak, and close down "boys town" , the Chicago gay district that Wrigley is culturally tied to because he feels it's proximity and depravity hurt people's willingness to come to the games. He also popped up in 2012 when he was going to run an ad "exposing the truth" about Obama so shockingly racist that his own insiders leaked condemnation to the press to stop him from airing it and destroying their whole operation.
1: I was unaware of the Cubs having any trouble selling tickets, I thought they sold fine on nostalgia and the draw of Wrigley Field.
2: If people are not coming to the Cubs games, it's because the product on the field is trash, and a new stadium isn't going to help that one bit. Cubs already spend lots of money on salary.
3: He can get bent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

hobbesmaster posted:

I'm always confused by Scalia laughing his rear end off at Colbert's routine.
Because the master troll of the Supreme Court knows what's up.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Boon posted:

I reeeeeeally want to know what is going on in Wolf Blitzer's head when McHale is riffing on CNN. Such a great protracted camera shot of Wolf during the whole thing.

Knowing him? Very little. :wow:
Trusted journalist Wolf Blitzer:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Well he should at least get some of the Junior Johnson moonshine, that's NC. It even comes in a mason jar.

nutranurse posted:

I thought real Americans only drank whiskey and/or bourbon. <:mad:>
Moonshine should count as real American enough.

• Locked thread