Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Talmonis posted:

I've always wondered if the supporters of increased gun control wouldn't be better served by using reverse psychology to get what it wants. Start loudly advocating for minorities and the poor to arm themselves for their own protection, and a signifigant chunk of the conservative gun crowd would be crying for controls.

FYI California's law against carrying loaded guns in public was signed into law by Saint Reagan himself among scenes like this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

ChaosSamusX posted:

Oh man, I missed that part. I can't believe there are still people who belive this.

I don't think that we should rule out the possibility that the guy actually thinks that Bangladesh is in Africa and has never heard of that push-poll.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

VitalSigns posted:

I'm pretty sure you can't legally abort a baby halfway through delivery.

Right but you can gently caress it was the point I think.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Illinois in ~1995-96 was pretty reasonable. We just got told to make sure that we could answer "abstinence" to the question "What is the only 100% reliable form of birth control?".

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

"Albert Carrington." BOOM.

e: Charles Fairchild, Herbert Ronsonby-Smythe III, Alexander Endicott... I could go on all day (and very well might; this is fun)

Benedict Cumberbatch.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
California has a free website where you enter the stuff from your federal return and it does the rest for you.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Cimber posted:

any chance if bundy and his band of wackos gets violent, sean hannity, rush limbaugh and the other cast of far right wing media wonks can be indited for inciting?

Of course not.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Pharmaskittle posted:

I imagine the organizers look at a guest's notes and, while I doubt they put any real pressure on them to change stuff, the combination of the White House saying, "Uh, maybe this is a little much?" and the natural inclination to not be too much of a dick at such a prestigious career event (I'd be surprised if McHale wasn't genuine when he said it was one of the coolest things he'd ever done), there's probably not much risk.

The whole point of the event is self-deprecating humor. The only line-crossing that I can think of is the sketch GWB did where he was hunting around the White House looking for the missing Iraqi WMDs. Joking about one of your mistakes that resulted in the deaths of thousands is going a bit far IMO.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Aerox posted:

Absolutely. 1.0s probably won't be detected, 2.5-3 you generally can if you're pretty close to the epicenter, and 3s, while mild and not really causing any damage, can be strong enough to be felt normally or even to wake you if you're sleeping. I've had 3.2s and 3.3s wake me up before.

Depth matters too. Water injection for geothermal projects in northern CA causes magnitude ~2-3 events that can be a serious nuisance (like knocking stuff off of shelves) because they happen at very shallow depths directly beneath where people live. The companies that do that track that stuff pretty closely for liability purposes.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Sounds like a conspiracy against Trader Joe's peanut-butter-filled pretzel nuggets, which should be the state snack of every state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Inglonias posted:

I don't like kettle corn. I can eat it, but it's one of those foods that shouldn't be sweet and still is, alongside bread and butter pickles, and BBQ sauce in large quantities.

Solution: stop buying lovely BBQ sauce.

• Locked thread