Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

BiggerBoat posted:

He meant to type "The Ramones" or "The Clash".

Hey look! You can name two punk bands from 40 years ago. Dookie is a fantastic record. "Longview" is the anthem of suburban ennui.

Grapplejack posted:

They did Specify combat deaths...

Yeah, military suicides are a national tragedy, but there's no reason to go and poo poo on what is an unquestionably good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Spun Dog posted:

"not unusually warlike" was the one that jumped out at me.

"Not unusually warlike" for a sitting president of the United States of America, not "not unusually warlike" for an average person off the street. I mean, gently caress, even Carter violated sovereign territory with his cool toys. Of course that's not equivalent to Iraq, but using the military to gently caress with sovereign nations is something every American president going back over a hundred years has done.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Job Truniht posted:

There's no way they could ever pay engineers enough to relocate to loving Dallas.

Dallas is full to the gills with engineers of various sorts. And it already hosts a ton of corporate HQs. It's also surrounded by suburbs full of big cheap houses and well funded public schools. Suburban Dallas is paradise for affluent white people, and they're doing a great job of gentrifying the city center into a weekend playground. They built a yuppie park over a freeway for God's sakes!

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

McAlister posted:

Seriously. Go. Google Beijing air quality. The pictures you see are real. And common.

There are tons of small and mid sized towns that are well developed and pleasant places to live that don't suffer from comic levels of pollution.

You still shouldn't drink their water.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

JT Jag posted:

That's really flimsly logic there. I can dunk chips in dip, does that mean the dip is the actual snack?

It depends on whether or not you double dip.

• Locked thread