Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

Jesus Christ.

OK. How about we let rednecks have their cockfights so long as they cook and give the dead chickens to the people who's SNAP benefits were cut? Isn't that what's done in Mexico and Spain with bullfights? The whole thing is gross and stupid (watching animals fight for sport/gambling).

Who in the god drat gently caress wants to watch stupid animals kill each other for sport? Don't we already have MMA, boxing, war, YouTube and Animal Planet? I don't understand cockfighting, but I've never understood horse and dog racing either so chalk me up as big old liberal pussy I guess.

Cock(and dog)fighting is primarily about gambling, not sport, no matter what the Gamefowl Defense Network would have you believe. That's the draw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

e: ^^^ yeah, probably. I'm not saying there's not other, better poo poo they could gamble on, I'm just saying that's why people do it.

zoux posted:

You know, except for the 22 service men and women who commit suicide every day.

Or the occasional killing spree, but I guess that wasn't March.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

axeil posted:

I think the most absurd part of it is that it was directed at Cuba of all places.

That's what has me scratching my head too. Relations with Cuba are at the lowest level of animosity in a half century, we've made slow progress toward reopening proper diplomatic relations, and we go doing this sort of poo poo. Why? Not just because it's dumb and could backfire on you why, but what's the point why.

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 3, 2014

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

greatn posted:

But were the cocks circumcised?

They do that to each other.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I was going to make a "yeah, but which version" quip, but I see they've addressed that.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

He says stupid poo poo about women all the time.

His side doesn't see that as an error.

But yeah, I don't see him as electable in the general. Or even the primary, really. Huckabee may come off as likable to most people, but not the sort of person they'd like to be president.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

"I spent $x on tax preparation and lowered my tax bill by >$x as a result, and for some reason feel the need to whine about it anyway because I'm a giant baby who hates the government that against all logic gave me a job for so many years." - Donald Rumsfeld

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Not married yet, or even considering it, plus technically I make more because she's still working on her phD at the moment, but depending on how things go maybe :hfive:

Bonus: comes with foreign citizenship. Downside: not on the list of countries to which I'd really want to relocate.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

mr. mephistopheles posted:

The best part of the Nevada ranch story is conservatives are now hella mad about free speech zones. My extreme right winger coworker was going off about them yesterday wondering how such a ridiculous thing could exist.

Yeah that was one of the parts of it that didn't get talked about much around here but that was endlessly amusing. Now they're upset about them. Like they're some sort of brand new thing and not something that started under Bush (or possibly earlier I dunno).

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

mr. mephistopheles posted:

There is an interesting article in the comments of that Koch article about how they support gay marriage, drug decriminalization and isolationist foreign policy. It also says they each donated ten million to the ACLU to fight the Patriot Act. Anyone know how true these claims are?

And their views on fiscal policy are still atrocious of course, but they're not unilaterally evil like I thought.

That's all pretty consistent with their libertarian ideology. They don't give a poo poo about any of that so long as they can do whatever they like without any peasants getting a say though dumb things like "laws" and "government". They are unilaterally evil. And they're still happy to give money to people who are against gay marriage and drug legalization and all that if it gets them things that are more important to them, like more money to buy more influence.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Nothing on these last two pages makes any sense at all to me.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

As a Staten Island native, oh, the ways I would love to vandalize that.

Oh, I'm sure you're not the only one. If it lasts the remainder of the week unmolested I'll be shocked.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

iamnotcreative posted:

You missed the even more accurate first part of that

https://twitter.com/Riteofattila/status/458635418742038529

2200%

If we include the fourth secret Jew :tinfoil:, and my math is correct, they each have the power of nearly 500 normal Jews :wth: Dear god, what hell hath we wrought.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Fried Chicken posted:

For whatever Acela corridor twitter accounts count for (nothing at all) I'm seeing a bunch talking about Julien Castro as a Clinton veep, just like we were talking about yesterday.

I hold this as support for my theory that Joementum is Dave Weigel

And I still don't see it happening. I'd like to, but mayor -> VP candidate with nothing in between is a hell of a jump. A senator or governor Castro, sure. Even a representative Castro, maybe, if he has a high enough profile (the current representative Castro does not), but I think either way a Castro brings too little to the table right now to justify reaching so far downward.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Joementum posted:

Ted Cruz and Mike Lee went shopping for stuff to put in Cruz's Houston office today.

Pretty sure that's illegal (if it's genuine), but whatever it's not like they care about endangered animals or laws written by three letter agencies they don't like.

e: also, displaying an animal you didn't kill yourself is poseur poo poo.

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Apr 24, 2014

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

gently caress it. I sent a notice to the enforcement division of the FWS.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

anonumos posted:

As if they'll do anything...

They take that poo poo pretty seriously. Probably even if you're a senator since he had to be such a smug rear end in a top hat and post pictures of himself with it.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Joementum posted:

Yes, he faces up to 6 months in prison or a $12,000 fine if that is a genuine skin under the Rhinoceros and Tiger Conservation Act of 1998.

Good. I hope he loses his loving rug at least.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Kalman posted:

(staff tend to reflect their Senator's personality).

I feel less bad for using the salutation "hey dickhole" in the message I sent to Cruz's office now.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I appear to have gotten an email back from the FWS about Cruz's new rug. Says they're forwarding the information to the appropriate division for investigation and it's worded in a way that indicates they actually read what I wrote. I dunno, could be just blowing smoke up my rear end but maybe they'll actually go after him v:shobon:v

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Gen. Ripper posted:

Ahahaha I hope they legit prosecute him and deprive the Tea Partiers of their #1 choice for President in 2016.

If they actually do investigate, it'll probably just end in forfeiture of the pelt and him rolling over on the seller in exchange for them dropping the matter. Nothing bad enough to sink him. Plus it'd probably just make the tea party folk love him more. Party of spite and all. :(

mdemone posted:

How can we make sure this guy keeps talking straight through 'til November?

A few guys on a camping trip in matching blue berets would probably do the trick.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

radical meme posted:

I'm sure they don't want to know that what would make me feel comfortable is not seeing some fat redneck rear end in a top hat carrying an AR-15 in public. Who in their right mind would associate a gun with a fashion accessory?

I don't recall who it was that was saying it, but they've stopped thinking of firearms as tools and have started treating them like totems. Less and less about defense or freedom or even offense or whatever other actual use and more about projecting some ridiculous image they've gotten in their heads.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

Moscow Mule?

(Because we're all a bunch of Marxist jackasses :haw: if you ask the occasional low-effort troll who wanders in from GBS or whatever)

Moscow Mule is a fine drink, sure, but everyone knows that what goes best with despair is brandy.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

ReindeerF posted:

I am, now that I know about it, very excited. I love Ann Richards. She would have made a fantastic first woman President.

Apologies if this has been posted, I checked back a bit, but I've been very busy.

Thanks for pointing this out, I didn't know about it either. I was just a bratty teenage punk when she was in office and didn't appreciate how awesome she was at the time, but I'd love to have someone like her back in office again. Unfortunately they don't really make many like her.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Seriously, if they've set up armed checkpoints and are forcing vehicles to stop, that's really hosed up and demands a state/federal response.

Talmonis posted:

I know, they could start using sound warfare. Just blast Pit Bull and NWA at them 24 hours a day until they start going stark raving mad.

Killer Mike on continuous loop.

e:

Cabbit posted:

Do they have HEBs? This is important.

:cool::respek::cool:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Kiwi Ghost Chips posted:

Using the military for law enforcement is a terrible idea.

But using the National Guard to disperse an armed militia illegally stopping/harassing/detaining people is pretty legit. In fact, that's the exact sort of thing it's for.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

420DD Butts posted:

Anyone who believes that is self-defense is a mad man.

Come to the freep thread. We have such sights to show you :unsmigghh:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

Here's your first look at the monument the Satanic Church is going to request be installed at the Oklahoma State Capitol under their new religious freedom law:

Rather tasteful for a troll, actually. Love it.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

catlord posted:

I would be super down with a slab with Arabic calligraphy on it. It is super pretty, and would absolutely improve the looks of any place it's put, so why not in front of a courthouse?

Pretty sure there's a version of the ten commandments in the Quran. A bunch of rage over what is essentially the same thing in another language would be great.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

computer parts posted:

Jesus does at the very least, I think Mohammed just chills in Heaven.

Oh snap, Jesus is going to cause hyperinflation. What a dick.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Dr Pepper posted:

Wait. I thought earthquakes were caused by tectonic shifts, surely fracking can't cause the Earth's crust itself to shift.

Any time bits of earth move enough to register, that's an earthquake, basically. Mostly that happens along plate boundaries, yeah, but it's not limited to them. Destabilize natural geologic formations by fracking then pump all the oil/gas out and poo poo's probably going to shift around a bit as it all resettles, even if you've pumped some sort of filler back in.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

comes along bort posted:

Except he never said anything remarkably stupid, comparatively speaking. You had to actually dig into his stated policy positions to find the turd-filed core.

I dunno, I'd call "EPA reign of terror" pretty stupid. But yeah also his stated policies, eliminating all corporate and capital gains taxes, etc. And though I guess he was polite and kind of photogenic, he kind of came off as an aloof turd at times. I never really saw the appeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Fried Chicken posted:

EDIT: anyone have some good rum suggestions?

I don't drink much rum lately, but I remember a decent bottle of Flor de Cana a friend brought me from Honduras a couple years ago. It was either the 12 or 18 year, don't recall which.

• Locked thread