Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
JLD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Mad Dragon posted:

Fox cancels the good shows and poo poo like The Following gets 3 seasons.

the following is hilarious though.

and firefly sucked

E: Hahah holy poo poo. "Need to be driven to the airport at diana speeds...just more carefully please"

Fetus Tree fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 20, 2014

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

I also noticed that one of the press reporters in that scene was Baroness Sureka, from the Inquiry episode in The Thick of It.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
The deleted scenes from this episode are pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFsDIMiBciA

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life
The preview for the next episode showed the Presidential debates. Should be pretty great.

As an aside, how many episodes are left? I know this doesn't have that many episodes a season, sadly.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

grading essays nude posted:

As an aside, how many episodes are left? I know this doesn't have that many episodes a season, sadly.

Multi camera comedies are always bad with this kind of thing but some of the filming goofs on Veep are hilarious. There was an ipad right in the middle of the table in front of Dan in the last hospital scene that kept disappearing.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

wallabilla posted:

It's Darren Boyd

You probably know him from British TV series like Spy, Whites, Green Wing or Dirk Gently.
He was also in Four Lions.

Actually, The World's End. He was quite good in this last episode, though, especially that bit about Harry Potter being a witch.

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

At the end of watching the past three episodes I have said to my partner that the season has peaked and that it cannot possibly beat that with any future episode.....and am swiftly proven wrong the very next episode. Fantastic season thus far!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

ShutteredIn posted:

Multi camera comedies are always bad with this kind of thing but some of the filming goofs on Veep are hilarious.

Single camera. Multi Camera is when you shoot from several angles at once, and record as live, generally in front of an audience.

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.
So is it just me or have the last couple of episodes been some of the best this show has ever done?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Leb posted:

So is it just me or have the last couple of episodes been some of the best this show has ever done?

The whole season has been absolutely stellar so far. It is hard to pick a favorite episode from the lot. For me, it is a toss up between the silicon valley trip and the one where mike calls that lady a cow (sorry i dont know the proper episode titles)

edit:
"It's treatises, Ray, the normal plural!"

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 01:51 on May 22, 2014

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
I forgot I had this on DVR. I almost squealed like a schoolgirl when sweaty Swain made an appearance.

[edit] Haha, holy gently caress. That was by far the best episode they've ever produced. The only thing that would have made it better is if they'd gotten Peter Capaldi to be the deputy PM.

BUSH 2112 fucked around with this message at 17:09 on May 22, 2014

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BUSH 2112 posted:

I forgot I had this on DVR. I almost squealed like a schoolgirl when sweaty Swain made an appearance.

[edit] Haha, holy gently caress. That was by far the best episode they've ever produced. The only thing that would have made it better is if they'd gotten Peter Capaldi to be the deputy PM.

I would have loved it if they could get an British politician to curse up a storm while walking through the background of a scene, face obscured. Just get Capaldi to ADR the lines over the phone. I probably would have poo poo my pants, Malcom Tucker should exist in every piece of media from the UK.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

The way Dan was pounding those red bulls, I figure that the show will just say that he got a caffeine over dose.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Illinois Smith posted:

Wait what, they made a Dirk Gently show? Is it worth checking out?

Very much so, it was done by Howard Overman of Misfits fame. The guy they got to play Dirk is perfect.

Chris Meloni is an amazing comic actor, it's sad how much potential gold the world has missed by him being on SVU all those years.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

mobby_6kl posted:

Oh no they broke Dan :smith:

The final scene was definitely a highlight of an otherwise excellent episode. For all the talk about Dan being a dick, Amy just hosed Selina hard by leaking that story so I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back to bite her in the rear end later on.

Dan imploded, Amy made a severe power play, and Jonah finally got one over on Dan.
As far as it coming back to bite Amy, you know it will, but not before she, Dan, and Jonah completely destroy Selena's campaign.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Postal Parcel posted:

Dan imploded, Amy made a severe power play, and Jonah finally got one over on Dan.
As far as it coming back to bite Amy, you know it will, but not before she, Dan, and Jonah completely destroy Selena's campaign.

Let's be honest, if anyone is going to destroy Selena's campaign, it'll be Selena.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
I just rewatched seasons 1-2 over the break and it is still loving hilarious. Any other shows with similar mixes of comedy and characters?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
It's Always Sunny is good if you like a show with a bunch of funny fuckups.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

1st AD posted:

It's Always Sunny is good if you like a show with a bunch of funny fuckups.

Or The Thick Of It, obviously. It may/may not require an understanding of UK/parliamentary politics to be understood, though. It's kinda dry.

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Oops you almost got away without your Diddy

ultramiraculous posted:

Or The Thick Of It, obviously. It may/may not require an understanding of UK/parliamentary politics to be understood, though. It's kinda dry.

Every fan of Veep should at least try The Thick of It.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

im gay posted:

I just rewatched seasons 1-2 over the break and it is still loving hilarious. Any other shows with similar mixes of comedy and characters?

30 Rock?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

ultramiraculous posted:

Not understanding anything in UK politics doesn't really matter. It's easy enough to follow that Peter Capaldi is the head guy in charge of getting stuff done, and does that by cursing at everyone and generally being a sociopath.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

im gay posted:

Parks and Rec is pretty good.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Parks and Rec is pretty good.

While that's not untrue, I don't think you could find two more tonally disparate shows than Veep and P&R.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

A Pale Horse posted:

While that's not untrue, I don't think you could find two more tonally disparate shows than Veep and P&R.

Oh yeah, the tone is totally different, but they both draw a ton of comedy from a cast of well-developed characters simply interacting.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Oh god. First Game of Thrones and now Julia's hair, HBO is trying to ruin television.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

So, this is what it looks like when the wheels fall off. :munch:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm so glad we get more Congressman Furlong. He was my favorite character and I was sad to see him missing for most of the season.

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
"Schitzo titso" in the first five minutes.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

im gay posted:

Oh god. First Game of Thrones and now Julia's hair, HBO is trying to ruin television.

Jesus, I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt like this. This entire night of television is just gut-punch after gut-punch.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
This is going to be the greatest 3 episodes of VEEP if it's just Selena's campaign collapsing in on itself.

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life
This was one of the funniest episodes yet. One of the best parts was Clay Davis inexplicably falling apart at the debate.

Also requesting a gif of Selena trying to peer around the baseball coach manager.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
That debate was loving amazing.

Hole Hole Hole

"Here are three fs for you: You're hosed...you loving fucker."

"Daddy, I have never been less proud of you"

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

grading essays nude posted:

This was one of the funniest episodes yet. One of the best parts was Clay Davis inexplicably falling apart at the debate.

Also requesting a gif of Selena trying to peer around the baseball coach manager.

It was Selena's twitch that did him in, he was totally distracted by it the whole time that lady was asking her question.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I normally love cringey moments but holy poo poo I had to look away when Selena couldn't remember the 3rd R. It was like Mitt Romney all over again.

Jack and the Freakstalk!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

victorious posted:

I normally love cringey moments but holy poo poo I had to look away when Selena couldn't remember the 3rd R. It was like Mitt Romney all over again.
I thought it was a pretty obvious parody of Rick Perry.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

I thought it was a pretty obvious parody of Rick Perry.

Yeah I think so too. During the Republican primaries last election, in one of the debates Rick Perry was talking about how there were three Government departments he would like to cut however he was unable to name the third department he wanted cut.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

SpRahl posted:

Yeah I think so too. During the Republican primaries last election, in one of the debates Rick Perry was talking about how there were three Government departments he would like to cut however he was unable to name the third department he wanted cut.

The Republican primaries and everything surrounding them were some of the best comedy that year, just wall to wall dumb poo poo and fuckups. This episode did very well in capturing some of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Thornhill is pretty much a white, sports-based version of Herman Cain.

• Locked thread