Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I levelled faith to be able to use Hexes even though I'm mainly using sorceries, do I need to keep levelling my faith to increase their damage? Its at 22 at the minute. Just wondering if I'll end up using miracles as well or if I'll not have enough attunement slots. This isn't really for pvp though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Office Thug posted:

The Pursuer, and I'm in Lost Bastille, had to look up the name.

I went that way and its a lot harder than if you go back and go through the heide's tower

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I found it handy to go to the Bastille for a bit (enough to unlock a couple of bonfires), and then to double back.

I wish I'd realised before using co-op to defeat the boss and then the same for the boss of Sinner's rise because I would have stopped at the second bonfire and gone back and might have been able to do them solo when getting there again

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

How do I get to the boss of No Man's wharf? I've met Gavlan, found some pier where someone left a message with boss ahead on what I assume is the boat but going everywhere I didn't notice anything to get it to dock. I mean I'd not have fought the boss anyway most likely since I was down to 1 soul arrow, 1 great soul arrow, 4 dark orb and some lightning spears. At least I found someone selling spells so I can replace lightning spear

Edit: Is there much difference between heavy soul arrow and great soul arrow?

Jose fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 7, 2014

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Do I need to kill all of the enemies in no-man's wharf before boarding the boat?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

david... posted:

I think you're asking how to get the boat to come to the pier, there's a switch high up on the upper levels overlooking the pier, pull that.

Nah I'd summoned the boat but then got rushed after going onto it, was wondering if it triggered everyone in no-man's wharf or just the guys on the bridge

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Is the fact my gate near McDuff, and pretty much everyone's whose world I got summoned to closed mean they went to Lost Bastille from beating the Pursuer?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Whats a good place to get large titanite shards? I want to upgrade my archdrake staff and it seems getting the ember for McDuff is a fair bit further into the game. I'm not really sure which way to go now anyway that I've finished Sinner's Rise and No-Man's Wharf. I used the branch of yore on the statue in Majula

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ravenfood posted:

Go through the space behind the statue in Majula. You could also go through the original path to Heide and talk to the cleric there. She can open another path. The latter route also gets you on the path towards the Dull Ember.

Having a bit of a google it seems there are a fair few items useful for me as a sorcerer if I go through the space left by the statue so I guess I'll go that way

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Shaded Woods is interesting :stare: After reaching the second bonfire easily and wandering into the fog bit to realise I couldn't hurt the ghosts I just ran around it a bit, picked up 2 rings, found some corpse thing that could talk and then reached the 3rd bonfire where the bull things take hardly any damage from any of my spells and I then broke all of my equipment touching a couple of pools :v:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Reading the last couple of pages I'm getting the feeling its worth it for me to use a soul vessel and respec from using sorcery and going for faith instead and using miracles? I'm still fairly early into the game. Just FoFG/Tower/Lost Bastille/Sinner's rise completed. I'm at 24 faith/38 int on this character and I suppose I could drop the int and start using a melee weapon more too

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

How rare are Pharros Lockstones? I've got 2 at the minute after unlocking the one in Forest of fallen giants and Lost Bastille to get to Belfry Luna. What about soul vessels? I'm currently playing almost entirely using sorcery with a +2 axe rarely but was thinking about changing to mostly miracles and using a club I just found in Huntsman copse instead so speccing from 38 int/24 faith/25 atn to mostly faith and str instead. My vit/vgr/end/adp are all crap though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

My only real concern about respeccing now is not having enough souls to buy miracles with really. I've only got lightning spear so far

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I used my first branch of yore on the woman in Majula, since I'm playing using sorceries I'm guessing I want to use the next one on the person in Lost Bastille?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I found the mines bonfire in Harvest Valley but I can't see where to go next. Do I have to drop into the poison pit to continue? It definitely led me somewhere new but I died trying to pick something up :v:

Edit: Never mind I'm completely blind and missed the entrance

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I've been using my stronger spells/miracles getting to the Old Iron King so I can have someone summon me to refresh them and sick of idiot hosts getting hit by his 2 fist attacks and dying at the start of the fight and having to wait another 5 minutes to be summoned

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Kiggles posted:

You shouldn't have to deal with but one enemy. Look more closely on your next trip to OIK. specifically, look for a ladder before the very last turtle knight

Will do. Its not like it took particularly long to get here anyway. Now I've finally got the archdrake staff upgraded to needing titanite chunks I've joined the bellkeeper covenant to get some. How often do you get summoned to fight?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm currently using the archdrake staff/chime. I know there is a better staff still to come quite a lot further into the game but what about chimes or should I just upgrade the archdrake chime too?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Upmarket Mango posted:

Oh, cool. I had no idea. I've already got the soapstones too. Thanks for the info guys.

small white soapstones don't require beating the boss to get back to being human either. I killed 3 enemies once and it said duty fulfilled and sent me back

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

How rare are the items to infuse weapons? Got 1 for magic infusing and was wondering if using it on my archdrake staff was a bad idea

Edit: Despite the fact I don't have any stones for upgrading magic, McDuff will still let me infuse my staff?

Jose fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 10, 2014

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Now that I've finished Iron Keep I assume Shaded Forest is the way to go? I've done 2 primal bonfires so far. About how far through the game am I?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Kanos posted:

Finishing the primal bonfires is a little over halfway through the game, give or take some depending on how much optional stuff you do.

drat, I've put in like 25 hours already although with a fair amount of co-op. I'm at Soul Memory 925k or so after doing Sinners Rise and Iron Keep

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pierson posted:

Strength/Faith is a thing right? I think I'm about ready to be done with this pure int/faith character, it just isn't as fun as swinging a sword.

I'd like to know this too, and also where I can get a second soul vessel that isn't the house in Majula. I don't want to respec to find myself gimped because I've not paid attention to other gear and only have lightning spear as a miracle

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I clearly need to play DS1 again after this since I apparently stopped before Lost Izalith. Good thing I picked it up on PC for like £2.50 during a steam sale

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Scherloch posted:

So, I just got summoned for OIK. I then proceeded to walk straight into the lava before the fight had even started :downs:

I think it took me 5 goes to beat him and 3 of those were not paying attention to what was behind me. Amazing the difference having a +5 and +10 staff makes between attempts though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

So after Sinner's Rise and Iron Keep, just how many areas are there still to go?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Iretep posted:

You're not even half way done.

I read this earlier and its insane I'm not even half way done considering how much time I've sunk in. Makes sense though that I finally got my weapon fully upgraded and it happened around the giant blacksmith in DS1

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I wish they'd make jumping not require pressing in the stick. The amount of times I line up and then end up hitting a weird angle because the press moves the stick so I die is annoying

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Where do you go to get through Shaded Woods? I'm at the 3rd bonfire and killed all of the things with shields and axes but can't find a path

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Is pvp forced at the doors of pharros? I got summoned as a grey spirit there. Kind of annoying that the person healed after I hit him with a spell and he stopped taking damage so I switched to resonant soul which didn't hurt him either

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Captain Hats posted:

One thing that's bugging me though, I've beaten the sinner and OIK. Currently I'm at Royal Rat Authority at roughly 1 million soul memory. Has my compulsive sunbroing shot me out of co-op range or am I still good?

I'm around the same and was able to do co-op for the Brightstone Cove boss. Now I've beaten that do I need to drop down the hole in Majula? What do I need other than the ring from the cat since my HP is crap and falls seem to do fixed damage rather than a percentage

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yes and yes. Your equip weight influences fall damage as well. Alternatively, if you go to Earthen Peak there's a man that will sell you ladders for the well once you get him back to Majula by exhausting his dialogue.

I've got him back at Majula but I take it I won't be able to collect anything if I don't fall down myself

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Is it uncommon to summon people at The Rotten? I'm trying to go back to being a human before I fight it. Or is it because my soul memory is 1.15 million

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Is it because of the order I've done things? I've done a bit of co-op but not a huge amount and I doubt I've died more than usual which makes it a bit poo poo if I'm locked out. Soul memory for co-op is so dumb. Maybe I should get the name engraved ring

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ulvirich posted:

I used to sunbro / summon dudes for The Rotten really quickly, although I forgot what soul memory I was at. I have a character in that level range if you'd like to do a small soapstone grouping for the area since it's already killed the boss.

I'm sorted now but thanks. I'm probably just being impatient

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

So how do you get to Drangleic castle after beating all the bosses beforehand? She didn't even give a hint that I noticed

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

turtlecrunch posted:

If you recall, in the Shaded Woods there was a bonfire with 3 possible paths from it, but only 1 you could actually take.

I'll have a look thanks. I ended up just running through the fog until I lucked out on a bonfire and then learned that wasn't the way I should have gone yet

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

He's completely optional yes. If you can kill all the rats the fight becomes fairly simple: stay under him

If you have miracles/sorceries/hexes then instead of trying to go under dodge back and to the right. I tried to go under and failed miserably but I beat him dodging that way with range attacks

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Does upgrading armour improve the effects they give or just the damage protection? I'm wearing the lion mage set and hexer's hood so its not like it provides much protection anyway so I've ignored improving it. I really should pump my strength a bit more and find a 100% protection shield. I've been using a large leather shield since the start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

How many NPC's need to be at Majula to get the soul vessel from Saulden? I've only got 1 soul vessel so far and I'm thinking about moving to a str/faith build but since I'm pretty much a pure spell caster now I'd like the opportunity to go back if it proves to be a bit poo poo/slow to start. How exactly would I allocate my stats too if I tried this. I'm at SL 111 at the minute and it seems that I'd need to increase quite a lot of different stats.

I'm currently running 50 ATN/46 INT/22 FTH as my main stats with a couple elsewhere like in STR so I can use a shield