Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Anony Mouse posted:

By the way you can connect multiple controllers to a single dongle, perfect for multiplayer Steam games in the living room. I had no idea it could do that until recently.

Yes, this is by far the easiest way to get local 4 player going with a steam game.

This would be better if I didn't also hate the 360 controller in its entirety, but the convenience factor for games like samurai gunn, etc, outweighs it by a large margin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Finished up DS2 over the weekend.
I can finally stop months of avoiding all potential dark souls II spoiler content, other than the initial preview video.
It was nice finally playing one of the games completely blind, although I'd played both demons and dark souls 1 before, so I didn't really have that much trouble.

I spoiled some recommended level order stuff in demons, and DS1 was mostly blind but I ended up looking some equipment, item, and boss info.
For this one I went cold turkey since the announcement and avoided half the internet when the console version was out.

This resulted not getting to iron keep / unlocking infusions until after doing every other possible area, probably missing a bunch of npc's, and generally wandering around like a lost idiot for the longest time.
I didn't notice what caused the front gate of the drangleic castle to open, so the later puzzles inside took me absolute ages. The end of the game definitely felt way more directionless than the other games.

Also, I completely wasn't expecting the game to end where it did. I thought I still had more stuff to do, and then all of a sudden credits.
At least you don't get kicked into ng+ immediately this time around, which is a fantastic change.

I still harbor retroactive regret for magic spamming my way through demon souls, so I went with a melee build. I can safely say that there is no problem in the DS2 world that cannot be solved with sufficient application of a mace to the face (or otherwise reachable body part). It also has by far the best hitting things noise, at least against armor.
After I finished, I re-specced my points into a faith build, endgame chime, lightning spear, sunlight blade, and basically :stare:
Being able to enchant infused weapons is just so, so good.
I also really like how much easier it is to upgrade weapons, and manage weapons upgrades this time around.

Cowcaster posted:

Which you can't burn an effigy in at all. Sorry guys, the only non-internet-cutting way through the belfries and the rat king's joint is through their covenant members.

About a page late, but I can definitely confirm that being in the bellbro covenant does not prevent you from being invaded by other bellbros. It is a covenant of crazies that entirely do not give a poo poo about anything except guarding a pointless bell, which I think is pretty funny.
Joining the rat covenant does prevent those invasion/summons, though.

I actually had some pretty good pvp experiences on my first times through both the belfry and rat areas, including winning a 2v1 right as I first stepped into the luna belfry, and an extended back and forth fight in the first rat area. Maces really do solve all problems. That was all early game stuff though. I'm sure endgame pvp is hilariously broken in some way, but haven't really touched it yet.
I've literally only seen a single human red invader despite being human for most of the game, and that was when I was summoned as a sunbro, along with another sunbro and the host all using sunlight blade, so he kind of evaporated.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Magus42 posted:

Does being hollow prevent invasions? Or perhaps some but not all?

Getting invaded normally outside of a few special areas seems to be a fantastically rare occurence.
I talked to some friends after beating the game, and if I understand the mechanics right, its just really absurdly hard to get invaded in ng at all.

I was also informed that human / hollow isn't supposed to matter at all for being invaded.
I definitely noticed this was true for the special areas, but I didn't get red invaded once during my entire playthrough so I wasn't sure if that was any different in DS2.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Zaphod42 posted:

Its kinda nice compared to DS1, although at this point I would really prefer some more invasions! Hah! But you can always go gently caress with bellbros or ratbros.

I didn't join bellbros until the second area, but once I did and found out what the actual rewards were, I just tooled around hitting people with maces for hours. I mean, I felt a little bit like a jerk, but hey, free weapon upgrades!

e: In the first area, I got invaded before I could even join the covenant and decided I'd rather beat them than join them.

animatorZed fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 13, 2014

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

sighnoceros posted:

Bone wheels... why did it have to be bone wheels?

This is what I thought when they first showed up. But holy drat did those guys get the nerf bat this time around.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Haha, I guess you can't summon human allies for the final boss?

I mean, kind of makes sense, and I think people should earn that one, and its not too hard.
Its just...I only need two more medals for the sunlight spear and I'm pretty sure I leveled / collected too many souls to get co-op hits elsewhere :)

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Nahxela posted:

You can summon human co-op buddies for both Throne of Want bosses.

Weird. I got kicked out as soon as the host entered the fog door, and it said the world master moved on to a new area.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Nahxela posted:

Not sure why that happened. Maybe he already cleared the Nashandra, or cleared Throne Watcher/Defender, but didn't have the Giant Kinship.

That makes sense, although I had no idea the conditions for the fight were separate.

Like I said before, when I got here, I was just looking for the next place to go and had no idea it would end the game :)

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Magus42 posted:

This is several pages back now, but I didn't see anyone answer you:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/693332-dark-souls-ii/69198395

Regarding the name engraved ring, does it actually only work if both people are wearing it and select the same option?

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

BoonyPC posted:

Yea I've done two playthroughs, one faith build lighting throwing madman and one guy using sword and board(mostly chariot lance once I got it and a club)...so much easier throwing lightning, especially when dealing with groups of enemies, most things are dead before they reach me.

I went through the game blind using a melee build (occasional bow to separate groups).
After the credits, but before going to ng+, I respecced into a faith build and sunbro'd for a while to get sun spear, and I'm glad I didn't play the main game this way.

Semi-related note, I finally, finally found the bonfire I was missing in the castle and the associated thing to do there.
Went back to do the special covenant areas now unlocked (including promptly dying to gravity in one of them).

I was not expecting the Darklurker fight at the end of the last one.
Kind of wishing I'd found this fight before I did the faith re-spec because it melted on the runback, and didn't really seem like it would be too bad melee.

I'd heard the name of the boss before, but nothing else about the fight. From the name, I was expecting something like Manus from DS1 and it wasn't anything like that at all :)

Also, I now know what the GRS acronym I've heard tossed around a few times stands for and whelp.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Maxmaps posted:

I think I may have gone too deep too early, haha. Do I need a soapstone to be able to summon people? Assuming there's anyone near the Skeleton Lodrds at like under 30K Soul Memory...

You need to be human to summon.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

dis astranagant posted:

What is it with ultra greatswords and not hitting anywhere near my lock on target or where I was pointed when I started the attack?

Those and the heavy clubs/axes seem like they can be "aimed" after the initial startup, even when you're locked on.

I actually find it kind of annoying to always basically have to either stop touching the analog stick, or manually aim every strike, so I stopped using them :effort:

Mace and claymore are the only weapons I need :)

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

turtlecrunch posted:

If you are at all bored of playing DS2 just go watch someone streaming a blind playthrough. While playing DS2 can be tense, watching someone ignore all the prompts for champion covie and join anyway and then run off like nothing important happened is incredibly relaxing.

I on and off watched one blind race/playthrough where the guy ended up finishing the game after a continuous 47-48 hours of straight playing.

You'd think schadenfreude would get old after a while, but it never really seems to.

Comparing to my own blind playthrough (not in one shot, I'm not crazy), its neat to revel in really obvious things that other people miss, and then immediately feel sheepish when they casually find really obvious things that I completely passed over. Hello estus shard in Majula :downs:
You do sometimes just want to reach into the monitor and smack someone over the internet, though.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Internet Kraken posted:

Watching someone play DS 2 blind sounds like it could be fun but the vast majority of random streamers are terribly unfunny, so I've never looked for one.

Yeah, that's the standard twitch problem. The majority of streamers are terrible in nearly every aspect.

Daynab posted:

Not a streamer, but the best blind LPer by far is Kay. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu3T-57vLRVEjF8viOEjm9g/videos her DS1 blind playthrough is amazing as well, seems like she has the perfect mentality for these games. Thorough and reads everything.

She only posts one video a day though so it's gonna take a couple months to get through DS2 likely.

I thought this one was all right. This is the one I mentioned that finished the game in one (long) sitting:
Stream cut out in the middle but these are the two parts
http://www.twitch.tv/sylux98/b/527780643
http://www.twitch.tv/sylux98/b/527930178

Technically part of a race, but there's nothing race like about it :)

He played demons, and did a similar blind race for ds1 to beat the game in one sitting.
Obviously no editing, and I don't know that I'd watch the entire thing straight, but there aren't too many times he gets egregiously stuck.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

MadJackMcJack posted:

God-loving-dammit. Four times I sunbro for the Freja fight. First one the host dies almost instantly, the other three go off without a hitch. I can block most of her attacks, and the death-beam is easy to dodge. So I go for it myself. Only now does she pull out some bullshit insta-kill move, and I faceplant with a sixth of her health left :darksouls:

When trying to get enough sun medals for the last reward, I tried sunbro'ing for the boss of aldia's keep.
I had one guy summon me literally 6 times in a row. Each of those times he got one shot by the dragon's fireball between 1-20 seconds into the fight. It was pretty funny, but I eventually decided to go somewhere else.

e: reminds me of trying to sunbro for capra demon in DS1. More than half the time host would be dead before I got through the fog door.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Ariong posted:

Any tips on killing fire salamanders? Remaining out of their line of fire seems like pure luck since they can do that weird thing where they spin around without moving their legs.

For the normal ones, if you get right up next to them and just past the side of their face, they will keep turning to face you but their model geometry will keep turning you with them. Wait for them to swipe, get a few hits in, repeat.

For the ones that move around and jump, etc circling around seems to work fine. Just learn the tell for the tongue whip and roll past that, and otherwise wait for a lunge and hit them in the back afterwards.

Also, make sure to do a plunging attack on your way down into the pit. I'm sure most people know about that, but I came up with it on my own and it was really satisfying to do :)

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

turtlecrunch posted:

Gedosato author has posted a preview image of his next release, which will have HDR bloom/eye adaptation effects available

Why do people continually think that completely jacking up the contrast and saturation on things makes images look better?

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Genocyber posted:

Not really, there's tons of situations where there's crowds and something like a 1handed straight sword let's you just spam and stun the entire crowd (especially if you have the stone ring equipped). I usually keep a mace for bosses/large enemies and enemies low to the ground, and something with good horizontal range for everything else.

Mace + claymore. There are no pve problems these two weapons will not solve.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Daerc posted:

If you're using it for the aoe, the bastard sword (and various other greatswords with the horizontal slash r1) might be a bit better. I do prefer the claymore moveset in general though.

I was actually using the bastard sword for most of the game, and didn't pick up a claymore until pretty much near the end since I didn't buy it when I first saw it, and later couldn't remember for the life of me who sold it. It definitely fits the same role and I liked it a lot.

The claymore just has more reach, and the stab R2 has way more utility and range than the bastard sword R2 swing.
Even the R1 sweep has more range, although I didn't look carefully enough to tell if the actual arc was smaller like I think you're saying.

ImPureAwesome posted:

I did fairly well as a bell bro with the mace because most people are bad and easily tricked into its terrible range

The mace was responsible for getting me about 20-30 chunks or so when i first joined the bellbro's.
Fairly low level pvp though, so more or less everyone involved was terrible, including myself.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

FrickenMoron posted:

Generally the closer you are to a belfry the more easily you will get summoned. The game tends to pick close players over far away ones.

Although, its worth noting that if you're actually standing around in the belfry, you can get invaded too. Covenant is just full on crazies who do not give a poo poo :)

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Internet Kraken posted:

That said, I think Dark Souls still has the best area for atmosphere in the entire series; Ash Lake. That entire sequence is amazing and I can't describe just how much I love everything about it.

Probably a little biased because demons was the first one I played, but basically nothing has touched Tower of Latria for me.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Jay Rust posted:

Do players summoned by the Looking Glass Knight get a debuff or something? The idea of having to fight a series of PVP-geared-and-skilled players alongside a fairly tank-y boss makes me not want to do that fight online now.

According to the thread, unless you're on ng+ this won't happen.

I did a bunch of sunbro'ing on this boss in ng, and never saw it happen, so don't worry about it.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Bobnumerotres posted:

I think the true reward is beating the ratbro despite the odds and chugging all your estus over their body.

I managed to beat the host the first time I got summoned by a ratbro (I had no idea what was going on), and it was really satisfying. He kept retreating behind walls of rats to heal, but the kind loving embrace of a mace is patient indeed.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Jose posted:

Is there any reason Darkdiver Grandahl is no longer at the black gulch for me? I didn't kill him

He moves around until you find all the different locations he can be in, then he unlocks his side quest.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Holy poo poo, getting summoned for the LGK fight is the most hilarious thing in the world.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

ComaPrison posted:

Yeah it's freaking awesome and fun to play on the side of a boss. I only managed to get summoned once but I died really quick because there were 2 phantoms + the host. They immediately started ignoring the boss and started stagger-spaming hexes and bolts at me, so when I finished rolling there was another one right in front of my face before I could do a second roll (at <19.9% weight). That is literally the ONLY time I've felt cheated by facing casters.

At SM ~3.5M I was getting really frequent hits. Most likely from people in ng+, based on their gear and there's no way anyone is actually fighting LGK in ng with soul memory that high.
For several in a row, I was getting hits after only 10-30 seconds of waiting, and an average of 2 minutes or so.

It was actually pretty neat. You have just about a second or so to figure out what the hell is going on as you spawn in. There were a few times I spawned into a firestorm, and multiple soul spears, and was actually dead before the loading screen faded away. Also a 50% chance of two sunbro's slinging lightning and avelyns.

Still overall pretty fun, and its hilarious for the times the host clearly is completely confused and panicking that this was a thing that happened.

I got invaded a few times while waiting around to get summoned too. At least once by one of the aforementioned sunbros that killed me in one of the fights, so it felt good to slash his face off with a buffed claymore. Unless you get summoned into a fight with only the host, or the host and Benhardt, there's usually no time to actually cast sunlight blade or anything during the fight since you'll get a sun spear to the face.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Color Printer posted:

Who's loving bright idea was it to put seven of those shield knights in front of Velstadt's boss fog gate? That's not even really hard. It's mildly difficult but also really boring. Sure you can just run around like a maniac to get them away from the gate so you can go in (the two practically glued to the fog gate are harder) but that's still boring and probably raises more questions about game design problems.

I don't mind it, but reminds me of a really amusing thing that happened. I was trying to sunbro for the hall / boss fight. Some guy summons me and another phantom.

He then just books it across the hall before we finish coming in, triggers the ghosts, runs past the knights into the fog door.
Me and the other phantom are left staring at a literal solid wall of activated knights and ghosts around the fog door. As in, it wasn't even possible to get on or see the staircase.
Whelp dude, you're on your own, then.

Also, tried to get summoned by the LGK some more today. It is an ungodly satisfying feeling to beat two sunbro's and the host after popping in. Managed to do it twice, too :). The pillars are really useful for blocking spells / ranged attacks when the host has friends, assuming you don't get bodied as soon as you spawn.
Still a few times I was dead before the screen loaded to a trio, but I don't think that's too unreasonable since the summon seems like an ancillary part of the fight and not a dedicated pvp method.

If anyone wants to try it out, you can still get summoned by LGK if you move your red sign around every 5 seconds or so, which usually prevents you getting summoned for duels. Can still get invaded, but hey, I'm out to kill people anyways.

animatorZed fucked around with this message at 17:39 on May 17, 2014

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Cowcaster posted:

Between this and Shrine of Amana debate I propose a Dark Souls mod where there are no enemies anywhere so you never get caught in the tedium of "having to kill enemies" and can just have a great old time.

Replace all the enemies with friendly npc's that give you words of encouragement.
Invading phantoms can only emote.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Opposing Farce posted:

I forget how I dealt with that spot but I don't think it took more than one or two tries. You just need to approach slowly and try to aggro as few of them as you can at a time. The melee guys aren't bad if you just roll past their swings and backstab them; a good dagger will take them down in one hit and with how quickly the mages die the healer isn't even a factor.

The first time I got there, I backed off after aggroing the group, and the healer promptly walked off the ledge into one of the pits :getin:

I didn't actually figure out what kind of enemy that one was until later, when I was going through the area backwards for some reason.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

King of Solomon posted:

Burning effigies makes sense if you get invaded a lot. But unless you're a sinner and possibly also wearing the ring that puts you higher in the invasion queue, that never actually comes up.

Initially, I saw the option to burn effigies and thought that was how you were supposed to regain humanity, since I'd read the item description before but not used it. Was definitely confused for a while.

Also finally hit a hacker. Got summoned into LGK against a host and two phantoms. Managed to kill both phantoms, and was on a high. Then the host just stood there and tanked two sun spears and a GRS (no shield, he staggered like he should have been getting hit), and proceeded to kill the boss while basically ignoring the fact that I was there which was a downer.
Still, that was only the first one I've seen so far, so the frequency seems way, way less than DS1 at least.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Colapops posted:

Also, you know how the Looking Glass Knight summons players on NG+? My friend and I just got a cheater summoned into the fight :(

If it makes you feel any better, I got summoned on the side of the LGK into a fight where the host had infinite health.

Okay that probably doesn't.
I at least managed to take out his phantom buddies. I have no idea why you'd summon helpers while infinite health hacking, though.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Yep, I posted one a little earlier, too. The amazing thing is that the corpses seem to get up to these shenanigans whenever you're not looking at them. Leave a corpse alone for long enough and it does... that.

Occasionally I come back to an area I cleared before, and there's a previously killed body just sliding down a long staircase past my feet. It looks hilarious and I'm really bummed that I never managed to record one.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

King of Solomon posted:

It was the other way around, but yes. You basically have to get lucky. It's why I don't try very often. Well, that and the time investment be necessary to get summoned at all.

Its about 50/50 if I get summoned into a three man murder squad, and sometimes I'm just dead before the load finishes. You can hear the sounds of the fight before the loading screen goes away, which usually gives you a good sense of how many people are there, and how likely you are to be dead before the loading screen clears.
If you're hearing alternating sun spears and a firestorm go off, you're probably in for a bad time :)
There's a also the fact that they have all the time in the world to get ready for you, and you have to just mash roll, hope you're not already dead, and quickly look around to figure out what the hell is actually going on and where everyone is.
Given that its an ancillary part of the boss fight, I think that disadvantage is fine, in general.

A few times I've managed to beat a 3 man group when I managed to roll away from the initial spawn, and those were some of the most fun fights I've had so far, using the pillars and the LGK himself as cover.
Normally, in that situation I try to snipe the host, but I've managed to take out both phantoms a few times.
Off-handing a chime for GRS, and a dark claymore in the main hand, though my build is mostly pve too, and has a ton of wasted points in faith to use dragon chime and sun spear, which is pretty terrible in a 1v1, or 1vmany pvp situation so I don't use them. In my case, I'm further disadvantaged, since I'm trying this from ng, but at an inflated SM from co-op, so I'm dropping into ng+ fights and they tend to outgear me, although that's not usually a huge deal.

Its super hard to do anything if there are multiple casters, or even just two melee dudes constantly on your rear end, but that's true any time there's three opponents. Its less likely that sunbro's here will be set up for pvp, but even just multiple lightning slingers can be hard to deal with. Generally no way to buff your weapon unless you get it down to just the host.
Other times, you get summoned into a fight with just the host, or the host and benhardt, and its open season. Host and one phantom can usually be a pretty good even fight.

If you can clip the host with a few sword hits, the vast majority will try to back off and heal, which is a perfect for a GRS snipe.

Also, during reasonable hours, I get summoned really, really frequently. Maybe 1-2 minutes between summons on average, although definitely a few times it takes a while.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Cyberventurer posted:

Their advantage is having a boss chase me down while they play keep-away until they can squeeze a hit in. I find the NPC phantoms infinitely easier because despite their large health pool, they're still just running on AI and it's easier to take advantage of that.

If you get summoned as the squire, and benhardt is in the fight, its entirely pointless to attack him. Even using GRS which does 700-1000+ damage to a player, it would take maybe 10+ casts of it to kill him, which is more than one stock, and also means that the host or sunbro has an easy opening to murder you.

Compared to normally two GRS casts to kill a player.

Naked GRS is easy to dodge if they're paying attention at all, so I usually try to get in a claymore hit or two first. If it hits, and they roll back afterwards, GRS can usually catch them out of the roll. If its a trade, or they block, I usually roll away and they tend to swing at air, which is a good time to GRS too.

That said, I am generally speaking terrible at most pvp.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Cyberventurer posted:

Oops. When I said NPC phantoms, I really meant the mirror squires that break out of the shield. To be honest, I didn't even know you could summon Benhart for that fight.

Ah my bad.

Internet Kraken posted:

All of his ranged attacks are easy to dodge and have a casting time of an eternity. Oh yeah and they should never surprise you on account of the :byodood:EXTREMELY loving LOUD LIGHTNING!:byodood:

Probably the funniest moment in any of my summons was when two sunbro's bunched up to chase after me. I managed to catch both with a claymore swing, and they both backed off. Right into the middle of the boss's lighting orb spread attack. One just died, and the other I finished off with a spell as he was staggering.

Of course, that was also the fight where it turns out the host was hacking infinite health...

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Jose posted:

I was regularly getting summons at the first bonfire in Drangleic Castle at 2m soul memory, but its hit or miss if you do the castle or go fight Nashandra instead

Once you get there, the 1st boss in drangleic is ridiculously fast to get summoned for as a shade and really easy, and is basically free humanity if you ever happen to die at any point for most of the rest of the game (hello gravity, my old friend).

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Internet Kraken posted:

EDIT: Someone added me just for this.

How did they even find you? I thought there was no way to determine steam names of people you connect to, hence no hatemail etc.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Bobby The Rookie posted:

If you take too long crossing the bridge one of the dragons will land on it and tear it up, causing you to fall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il5g0XkJtSc
:allears:

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Colapops posted:

Kill the skeleton lords one at a time: each time one dies, they spawn their respective minions. If you kill them from right to left (coming into their arena) you will fight regular skeletons, skeleton warriors, and then the bonewheels. This also means you fight the bonewheels last, allowing you plenty of room to duck, dodge, dip, and dodge.

I just killed all the lords really soon after each other (mace supremacy) since after the first adds spawned I assumed that the lords would keep spawning them as long as they were alive, or something. I had a grand old time kiting around a room full of skeletons around the outside of the room.
Still did it first try :smug:

I admit to having a brief rush of terror when the bonewheels popped up, but man, those things got hit with a gigantic nerf bat. They don't hardly track at all once they start moving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

FrickenMoron posted:

Homing lighting spear is a thing.

Since you didn't roll, this is probably just a symptom of lag.
Basically, always roll