Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
No, it's right. The covenant ranks are crazy retarded this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Control Volume posted:

And the demon of song is down. Really the only hard part of the shrine is those two rear end in a top hat archdrakes before the third bonfire. It's not even casters complicating things since you can kill both casters before having to fight them.

If you can kill the casters without aggroing the trio, you can go to where that ramp with the alluring skulls is and WALK along the wall to the fog gate and they won't aggro. Not sure if you can melee the caster on that side without aggroing them, but in a normal run with ranged attacks it's the easiest way.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

socialsecurity posted:

So I joined the Blue Sentinels in NG+ thinking I would get a bunch of hits, I looked at the wiki at this can't be right it wants 500 Victories for max rank? Sunbroing was only 30 and it is infinitely easier to do and repeat.

If you think that's crazy, get this: the Brotherhood of Blood requires 500 net Arena victories to max.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Internet Friend posted:

If you can kill the casters without aggroing the trio, you can go to where that ramp with the alluring skulls is and WALK along the wall to the fog gate and they won't aggro. Not sure if you can melee the caster on that side without aggroing them, but in a normal run with ranged attacks it's the easiest way.

You can kill the caster to the side but not the one right in front of them with melee, they seem to have a pretty narrow FOV before aggroing.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

socialsecurity posted:

So I joined the Blue Sentinels in NG+ thinking I would get a bunch of hits, I looked at the wiki at this can't be right it wants 500 Victories for max rank? Sunbroing was only 30 and it is infinitely easier to do and repeat.

The wiki is not wrong.

No, we don't know why the Blue Sentinels and Brotherhood get screwed like that either :negative:

CJacobs posted:

No, it's right. The covenant ranks are crazy retarded this time around.

Not really. Literally every Covenant has super reasonable rank requirements...except Blue Sentinels and the Brotherhood.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

No, we don't know why the Blue Sentinels and Brotherhood get screwed like that either :negative:
The silly thing is that it seems like From knew how absurd those requirements were, since they let you buy the rewards for the Blues & Reds from Wellager eventually.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 18, 2014

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
I'm a big fan of the sharpen and bloom filters in GeDoSaTo a5.

Also, fashion souls talk: I hated the black set and the judgment set until I started combining them.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So I got backstabbed while directly facing a guy. I was looking straight at him and he was facing me as well. Then suddenly my character flips around to get backstabbed. The rest of the fight with that guy was perfectly fine and didn't have any lag, so I have no clue what the gently caress happened there.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!

f#a# posted:

I'm a big fan of the sharpen and bloom filters in GeDoSaTo a5.

If you open the Post.fx or Post_asmodeon.fx (depending on which version you're using) there's a line indicating the sharpness level you can modify. Bump it down a little. All the shader files are pretty well commented. And just turn the bloom off, its really blown out.

Edit: Completely misread your post to say "not a big fan". Oops. Anyhow those files can be easily edited to get the effects you want.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

From the weird corpses department:

Did somebody say wierd corpses?

I've got more :v:

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Not exactly corpses but when I saw this I thought I was looking at some kind of modern art exhibit.

EDIT: I just invaded a guy in upper brighstone that was fighting some random enemies. When I guard broke him, a pig ran up and secured the kill. :allears:

I see grym corpses do poo poo like this all the time. Something is messed up with their models. Maybe its all the alcohol.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 20:20 on May 18, 2014

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Drangleic, where even the physics have begun to wither and die.

Any place with petrifying enemies is hilarious. So many people just standing there getting turned to stone. Still not as bad as the Basilisk sewers in Dark Souls.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Yep, I posted one a little earlier, too. The amazing thing is that the corpses seem to get up to these shenanigans whenever you're not looking at them. Leave a corpse alone for long enough and it does... that.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
At first I was sad that we couldn't physics punt corpses across the entire map anymore.

What we got was even better though.

I love when I kill an enemy, walk away, then return to them 10 minutes later and suddenly OH I FORGOT TO PHYSICS AGAIN, their giant axe randomly flies through the air and their corpse gets lodged in a doorway.

e: And swords balancing on their tip

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
You can kick Dear Duke's heads around if you want.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

The amazing thing is that the corpses seem to get up to these shenanigans whenever you're not looking at them. Leave a corpse alone for long enough and it does... that.

Agreed.

tongue but hole

Internet Kraken posted:

I see grym corpses do poo poo like this all the time. Something is messed up with their models. Maybe its all the alcohol.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Renegret posted:

At first I was sad that we couldn't physics punt corpses across the entire map anymore.

What we got was even better though.

I love when I kill an enemy, walk away, then return to them 10 minutes later and suddenly OH I FORGOT TO PHYSICS AGAIN, their giant axe randomly flies through the air and their corpse gets lodged in a doorway.

e: And swords balancing on their tip

Lion warriors are the best for this because you don't even have to walk away before their axe turns into a beyblade.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The corn lions have a tendency to clip into the ground when they die, I've noticed. This causes their weapons to shoot out of the ground at high velocities once they "physicsify", to my general amusement.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Control Volume posted:

Lion warriors are the best for this because you don't even have to walk away before their axe turns into a beyblade.

Haha, I was explicitly thinking of Lion Warriors when I posted that too.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

If you go to the servant's quarters bonfire and roll around on the tables, some of those things don't even have physics. The legs will just float in the air for eternity.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Is it because the bodies 'reset' once you go a certain distance from them, then ragdoll back in their approx spot? It's sort of a hacky way to get the game to remember where they died but not their poses. I don't know why it seems so difficult to just leave the bodies alone and have them despawn if the game feels it's pressed for memory. It certainly feels like a holdover from being limited because of a console release. Same as the completely pared down graphics and dull lighting

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Is it because the bodies 'reset' once you go a certain distance from them, then ragdoll back in their approx spot? It's sort of a hacky way to get the game to remember where they died but not their poses. I don't know why it seems so difficult to just leave the bodies alone and have them despawn if the game feels it's pressed for memory.

I don't know but it's funny and I hope they don't fix it.

Oh who am I kidding, of course they won't fix it. They won't fix anything :(

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Internet Kraken posted:

A skeleton uses it as a boat and takes you to Skull Island.

I wonder how many people hopped into that coffin hoping it would lead to this games Gravelord Covenant.

This is from a few pages back, but this ^

I jumped on to the boat, then when it came back I figured I was missing an item required, like the Eyes of Death used to travel to Nito. Then when I actually took off my armour off a few hours later I was hella confused.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I'm pretty sure I've seen the same corpse slowly roll down the same stairs every time I go past

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
My Bastard Sword is rusty as poo poo. This is embarrassing. Drangleic, a realm with no oil or cloth.

I figured the solution to the Mace having spoiled me in my first run was, "More Sword!".

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

What would be the best UGS for pve? Any of them? Like I want to use one because on paper they're really cool but in practice they're slow as poo poo and feel much better suited for pvp.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Yep, I posted one a little earlier, too. The amazing thing is that the corpses seem to get up to these shenanigans whenever you're not looking at them. Leave a corpse alone for long enough and it does... that.

Occasionally I come back to an area I cleared before, and there's a previously killed body just sliding down a long staircase past my feet. It looks hilarious and I'm really bummed that I never managed to record one.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I just decided to invade a few people in the Shrine of Thanks, Amana, and for the most part it went about as you'd expect: the targets just didn't stand a chance. At least one fell in a hole.

The last one, though. That target decided to try to hide behind a pillar (over by the door where you get Vendrick's gear). It took me a while to find him; he tried casting firestorm when I inevitably did, but I managed to dodge and kill him. No weapon buffs left, but OH WELL. Target Destroyed. :)

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So I ascetid the skeleton lords to get the +2 casting ring on my aspiring pyromancer. Sadly, it doesn't seem to affect combustion spells at all. If it does, its barely noticable. It definitely affects other pyromancies though. Casting linger flame doesn't take an eternity now! :monocle:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

King of Solomon posted:

I just decided to invade a few people in the Shrine of Thanks, Amana, and for the most part it went about as you'd expect: the targets just didn't stand a chance. At least one fell in a hole.

The last one, though. That target decided to try to hide behind a pillar (over by the door where you get Vendrick's gear). It took me a while to find him; he tried casting firestorm when I inevitably did, but I managed to dodge and kill him. No weapon buffs left, but OH WELL. Target Destroyed. :)

Last night, I put down a red summon sign in Drangleic to see if I can get in on some looking glass action. I dropped the sign in the high tower where the Embedded is figuring that spot doesn't get much traffic.

Of course, someone summons me anyway. I run over to the elevator and it's down. Instead of getting on and walking into an obvious trap, I wait around at the top of the SNAKE EATERRRRRR ladder hoping to hit him with a sunlight spear when he comes down. Real clever, I know.

Eventually he calls the elevator, it goes up, and eventually it comes back down. I keep an eye looking up for it, and time my spear to fire with just enough time to lock on and throw. When the elevator passed and I locked on, I saw a quick flash of two sunbros before I got hit in the face with something, most likely canceling my sunlight spear. They were obviously ready for me.

Then the host died. I'd like to imagine I got him and din't realize it, but he probably just fell off the elevator like an idiot :(

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Classy

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Colapops posted:

The Last Giant's soul makes a crappy axe. The Pursuer's soul can be made into a decent shield or ultra greatsword. Neither are amazing that I remember but they're okay. The Dragonrider stuff is not great for most people either.

I'm a bit behind, but I want to vouch for the Dragonrider Bow being a total beast. It fires a little slower than, say, a shortbow, but it hits like a brick shithouse without stalling you in place like an actual great bow would.

ComaPrison
Jan 1, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
I'm really enjoying archdrake's mace with dark infusion and resonant weapon. Strike damage with great hammer poise damage (60), B grade dark scaling, and halberd helicopter moveset.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
I see now what people mean when they complain about Belfry PvP.

Batstaff/Fog spawncamping. Real Dark Souls and so forth I guess. :rolleyes:

ComaPrison
Jan 1, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I'm a bit behind, but I want to vouch for the Dragonrider Bow being a total beast. It fires a little slower than, say, a shortbow, but it hits like a brick shithouse without stalling you in place like an actual great bow would.

If we're voting on bows, I'm going to have to vouch for the combo of sea bow + durgo's hat + hawk ring. The hat took me forever to farm, but it's basically asking to be used with the longest range bow in the game + the bow range ring

I infused it with dark and use it with dark arrows, but I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a better bow setup. Dark infusion seems a little wasted since bows can't get resonant weapon-ed (really disappointed about that).

ComaPrison fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 18, 2014

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Who else but cornlions? :v:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Jesus loving christ I died to Covetous Demon.

It was on my CoC character and I was distracted, but still I died to one of the chumpiest of chump bosses :negative:

I thought they were crab monsters at first because of the sound they made. They don't look like lions at all until you examine them really closely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

So I got backstabbed while directly facing a guy. I was looking straight at him and he was facing me as well. Then suddenly my character flips around to get backstabbed. The rest of the fight with that guy was perfectly fine and didn't have any lag, so I have no clue what the gently caress happened there.

There is a pair of gloves (don't remember the name) that says it occasionally procs a critical attack, that might be it?