Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Fasdar posted:

So is there any chance that someday someone will mod this to eliminate soul memory mechanics? Because drat is it lonely at SM 8 million or so and I just started new game plus.

The vast majority who screw with soul memory the tiniest iota get banned.

Blow up the map of someone you invaded, NPCs included, with an invisible deathsplosion? A-OK, says From Software.

Edit SM? You'd think you personally killed From's collective mothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

RyokoTK posted:

Nothing sad about that conclusion, I feel the same way.

There is nothing wrong with feeling the correct way between DS2 and DS3.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

But it's so stylish.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

That wasn't actually bugged I think. Natural consequence of how powerstancing functioned.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Oct 4, 2016

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

It's strange that she summons Velstadt of all things though. Why him?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

NGDBSS posted:

Because he's dead, and she's a necromancer.

Can't you get into the DLC before you kill him?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Wanna know the worst part?

The only way to get his halberd is to kill him. He does not give it to you at max rank. It's like they forgot.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

That was a player.

Very few people invade in Shrine of Amana because, well... a lot of people think it's incredibly cruel.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Boogalo posted:

PC seems very active, just going by the streams I've watched and the host getting invaded all the time.

Really? Strange. I would think most are on DS3 now.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

multijoe posted:

the Abyss just a bunch of losers saying 'the dark' a million times.

This checks out no matter what Dark Souls game you're talking about, though?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

skasion posted:

It is the worst of the three, but still worth a play.

Rolls have iframes, but fewer of them, and you must level a stat to get more of them as well as watching your weight.

Most enemies will respawn until they are killed about 12 times. After that, they can be reset at increased difficulty by using a specific item at the nearest bonfire.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

First, B-Team stands for Better Team. DS2 is the superior game.

Second, roll iframes actually get better than Dark Souls 1 except for DWGR flip depending on agility. 33 Adaptability is sufficient to match fast roll. The iframes do not depend on weight class in any way, that only affects roll distance.

Third, enemies can be permanently respawned by simply enrolling in the Covenant of Champions .

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I understand the intent behind only making cracked orbs (to encourage arena battles), but boy was that a misreading of the player base.

Most invading-type reds just want to own scrubs.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

OutofSight posted:

Thank god there is steam's "big picture" mode. Instead of the in-game input , you can use the one for the steam launcher. Gives you waaayyy bigger character limit.
Even long names like "Artorias the Abysswalker" or "Bradley of the Old Guard" for example seem to fit in the field.

This used to risk getting you softbanned if you did it. Not sure if they care now.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Djeser posted:

The mod I'd want to make for Dark Souls 2 would take all the random spells you find kicking around on the floor and bundle them up kinda like how they did in DS3.

I'm not sure what this means, can you elaborate?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Vermain posted:

Sprint also naturally takes a bit of time to register due to the nature of Sprint and Dodge being bound to the same key.

If memory serves me right, there's actually an intended delay, I think for smooth animtion purposes.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Coming to the DSM (Dark Souls Manual)-6, a new subtype for Delusional Disorder: Dark Souls 2-ancholy.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

tweet my meat posted:

Dark Souls 2 is easily the best game in the trilogy.

Hell, it's empirically provable.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Phobophilia posted:

I've learnt several things while spamming red eye orbs with the blue acolyte mod.

Firstly, anyone who's ground their soul level up to 838 and/or wearing full havel's ain't worth poo poo. But that's obvious from my DS3 experience.

Secondly, this mod isn't very good at picking up cheaters. I backstabbed this one guy like 5 times because they spent their infinite stamina on no-tracking shield pokes, hit them with scraps wakeups, and still couldn't kill them because they had infinite health.

They can't really detect certain things that aren't sent over the network; stuff like infinite health is one of them.

It's really well done regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Remember, the B in B-Team stands for Best.