Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

FireWorksWell posted:

Without getting too spoilery there's an endgame area with Aerie in its name that has a bunch of crystal lizards and other enemies that make for decent upgrade mat farming. Iirc there's an ascetic you can grab there each run too.

In Scholar it's a much bigger pain in the rear end though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

FireWorksWell posted:

What makes it worse? It's something I only bothered to do in the original 2

Scholar adds loads more exploding mummies throughout.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
It makes the Rotten sad but just break 'em.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Good news, there's no gotcha. You have to manually select "take me to NG+" after beating the game to start it.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Serephina posted:

Honestly I don't even get how people understand all of this. The Dark souls games have been very consistent 'what the hell is going on, why is my dude setting himself on fire, who told him how to do that?' since the very get-go. That the fandom somehow managed to extract something, anything, from scouring lore snippes hidden in firebomb and crossbow descriptions is beyond me.

DS1's main plot is actually pretty straightforward, though. Your questions have easy answers compared to the more convoluted bullshit.