Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Been watching PVP videos to psyche myself up for this game. Looks great so far because people are still kinda getting into the groove of things. So excited for the new covenants and the different ways of doing everything.

I feel bad for PS/XBox users, the loading times seem sorta long as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Those of us that did know of this thread, expect it to remain spoiler free. Especially those of us trying to remain in the dark until Friday when we experience it for the first time :colbert:

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Preloadin' my Steam copy :woop:

Cannot fuckin' wait for this.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Is the ost and comic out yet BTW?

Negative :(

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

(And why do I feel like this late unlock is a sign that the developer is scrambling to finish the game?)

I'm sure FROM is just in a flurry of activity right now...
"Hey guys we haven't finished key components to the game we need more time!"
"I've got it! Instead of April 25, we push it forward to April 24! We'll blame it on ANZAC"

Makes total sense right?

Anyways, totally stoked for tonight - Have no idea what to roll though. Might just Strength build it, maybe I'll throw some faith in there too. But I'm also really interested in a dex/ magic build. Ugh.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Is this game going to work with any PC controller? Or are they pulling the same bullshit that GTAIV did, where it only really works with a 360 controller?

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Longest hour ever... Holy balls.

Just gimme dat :darksouls:

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Well poo poo, I've got me this random off brand controller - the right stick causes my sword to swing, no camera movement on anything, and the back shoulder buttons bring up the menus :(

Keyboard and Mouse is decent, but not really my thing.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Getting use to KB+M and its not too bad, cant seem to parry poo poo with it though

Oh and the first boss there the Last Giant? Tearing off its own arm to get at the player loving owns

Dunno how anyone would need help on that boss, but I've been dropping signs down to assist and have been getting summoned constantly.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Whats up with these tiny rear end summon signs I'm seeing :|

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Oh neat... WHen you have two of the same spells in separate attunement slots it just stacks - so you don't even have to switch out.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
This thread moves too fast, so I'm going to ask anyways.

I have an off-brand PS3 controller. All of it's inputs are entirely off and only the left analog does the correct thing. Is there a way to fix this? What do I have to do to get this going? I've tried disabling other HID stuff but that didnt seem to work either :(

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
^^^You won't die much more then if you had played DaS1 to begin with. They're similar but still two different beasts^^^

Where the hell do you go after the first boss? I went towards the right before the area where you fight the Pursuer. That leads to all the Koopas and poo poo. But apparently that's a dead end.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Anyone got those mouse scripts again? Just the simple one. Wanted to give it a try. Thanks.

M+KB isn't bad, but not being able to parry/shield bash/jump attack is kinda crippling.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
So I went back to my Str guy already because I prefer it over magic. Hope I won't be too boned in pvp.

Also I got an ultra great sword off the knights near the temple of the blue

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I've gotten use to KB+M and those who say this game is unplayable without a controller, know nothing :colbert:

Find it much easier to use the more I'm forced to do so. I wish they had third party controller options, but it looks like you're boned in that respect. I can jump attack and parry/riposte consistently. Guard Break is still eluding me, but I'm okay with that.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
For mouse people, to find out more about things in your menu - right click and it should be "help" click that and hover your cursor over what you wanna know

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Flexile Sentry was kind of a chump boss :(

Also the Lost Bastille is gorgeous.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Holy poo poo, you really do need to keep 2 weapons on you. Weapons break so easily now.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Are these loving Sentinels suppose to be this hard. I keep summoning jerks and they keep getting their faces pushed in by these three.

edit: about to blow a god drat gasket on these fucks.

Stringbean fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 27, 2014

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I have become guardian of the bell... no one will touch my bell... go away... please dont make me do this... no, I cannot let you up there... sorry...sorry...

Death to all those who trespass.

I kept trying to take the ring off, so as not to be summoned. But it was just so quick, there's so many people up in this belltower that it wont let me take it off. I finally got it off between invasions to take a quick break.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

Last Giant Business

Perhaps they refer to it as the Last Giant because it's the only known giant. Perhaps the other two are just undiscovered.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Decided to go back on my sorcerer... Grabbed a mace instead of a sword, and now it's as fun as my brute force dude.

About to pick up some new spells too.

Fun thing happened just now though, I saw a ghost of another character fighting those stone knights in Heide's. He took a hit and died, just then a new bloodstain popped up where he fell. Thought it was funny :v:

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Why won't people summon me? Please summon me, I want my humanity back...

Didn't realize I had found a Magic Mace, just upgrade it and am now doing over 200 damage per swing... one handed.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Is there anyway to get Faintstones easily? Or am I going to have to go ahead and help people alot and hope these Smooth & Silky Stones pay off?

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
When you play Fashion Souls you pay the price.

Seriously, giving up certain stats to look a certain way is how it goes. My caster wears random bits, when I know there are better things to be wearing.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Awww The Rotten was just angry that he couldnt put his statue back together :( Poor fella...

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
What's the best stat layout for Hex? I'm sorta interested about tossin some of them into the mix.

Also, magic mace +10 with greater magic weapon :getin:

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Mondlicht posted:

I'm a dirty casual and I'm not above summoning help for a boss I'm hitting my head against. I summoned a yellow (?) phantom named Refrigerator for The Pursuer. They were a big help!

O NO A BIRD PICKED ME UP, WAIT

It's "casul", scrub.

:goonsay:

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Fashion Souls? Fashion Souls.

Hobo-mage reporting in.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

The Iron Rose posted:

Hey, anyone else getting a message saying that the dark souls II service is not available?

Yep

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Mariposa posted:

I'm having a stupid control problem. I'm playing with KB+M, despite having a logitech dual-action controller. My problem is that with KB+M, I can't figure out how to delete a spell from my attunement list, so that I can add spells that take two slots. I know that you have to have nothing selected for replacement (the pulsing gold color, rather than the red "selected" color) in the spell bar. Then you press something and the currently highlighted spell is removed from the list. What is that button or combination on the keyboard? I have a controller plugged in to do just this one thing, and it's irritating as hell.

Place your mouse over the spell you want (dont click) and press C

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Mariposa posted:

Thank you so much. I spent like 20 minutes looking for this, and couldn't figure it out. It's annoyingly hard to find the mapping between the in-game "press X" and a key on the keyboard.

I hear ya. I can't get this offbrand PS3 controller to work for myself, so I've learned to M+KB it. I actually have grown comfortable with it and I like it over the controller (considering I had it working with DaS1).

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Soarer posted:

Have you tried it while running DS3 Tool, set to Xbox 360 emulation?

Yep, still had the same issue that I had trying to just use it as is. Right analog made me attack (by tilting it left or right), all the other buttons didnt work. Left analog worked perfect.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
So if Steam is up and From's servers are up. Whats the deal?

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
http://farfire.darksoulsii.com/pc/

"We're working with Steam to correct this issue"

Come on dammit, I just want to hit people in the face with sorcery.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Mazed posted:

faux pas souls more like it.

I present my update Sorcerer.

Yeah. Look into the face of evil sirs. I grabbed the Staff of Wisdom, and immediately infused it with magic and upgraded it as much as I could for now (+3). People's faces are melting. MELTING!

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
So SL means nothing right, it's all about the Soul memory? I've got 1.8m sm and was wondering if I should just dump my souls into some more stats (Sitting on 200k souls, and I'm SL 123)

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

Pure sorcery sucks until you get get spells that don't have soul arrow in the name and even then you're gonna have a rough time in PVE because most of the other sorceries have very limited shots and are hard to collect multiple copies. Meanwhile Lightning Spear one and two shots everything and has 2 powerful upgrades.

I use great heavy soul arrow in pvp. It's actually pretty darn good when used with homing crystal soulmass

I love my pure sorcery guy, he's the bees knees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Decided I should nab the Blue Flame for the sake of having it. Go to the bonfire, take a right fight the first guy there.

Guess who got a Blue Flame in under a 1 minute of gameplay? This guy. This guy right here.

Is it worth using this in PvP?