Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
What rings do you guys default to, or find the most useful in general?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Can you ascetic memories? I want another grand lance. Or i could deal with the hiede lance I got, but it looks boring :v:

You can ascetic the giant lord's memory at least. Do your lances sound effects work by the way?

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Just backtracked and discovered the helix halberd, how did I miss a giant axe with a hidden syringe. :allears: I love the weapon choice in this.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Drangleic could be worse, could be full of Gauls.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Dueling naked against a million variations of Havel/hooded samurai on the Iron Keep bridge. Don't be yellow bellied and spend ten minutes trying to shoot me off the crumbled portion above the lava, come down here. :colbert:

I dunno what the rewards for being a red or dragon spirit are but they are pretty determined to end every fight asap.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011

Shindragon posted:

Each dragonbro fight won is basically a dragon scale.

10 of these gives you the dragon head (aka breathe fire)

20 of these gives you the dragon torso (aka super sayian power up)

30 of these give you the dragon greatsword.

Pft another greatsword to lose amongst their vast collection. Anyway I just won like my 20th fight by double K.O, dragon cult is feeling the hurt.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Are you seriously bitching about the game having too much weapon variety? :psyduck:

Jesus christ gamers really are the worst ever.

Uh no it was just a throwaway remark. Are you mentally ill or something zaphod you're really intense (I'm half serious don't wig out) :v:

It's neat having never touched a spell or miracle in this game, because I've no idea what's about to happen when a red phantom starts creating funny lights and waving a candlestick around. I've a feeling making a cleric next will spoil the mystery.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

To be fair to the walking straight off a cliff bloodstain crowd, I did pull this myself in the 3rd Abyss Chasm. Just three steps and blam, slam dunk into a bottomless pit.

On a stoogier note I sprinted right the first time I entered the Executioner's Chariot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
I just fired up DS2 where I left off at the start of my first ever NG+ and for some reason I suddenly have lore questions.

Are Velstadt and the other knight bosses meant to be Hollow? Or just mute assholes? Ornstein and Smough too?

Captain Diarrhoea fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Aug 19, 2015