Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
BUT

Heihachi is the King of Iron Fist

get it????????????????????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Spiders are treasure hoarders. I mean, the biggest one guards one of the most important treasures of all!!!!!!!!!!

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
If you let Maldron live for a really long time by constantly letting him escape and use his estus, he will eventually cast a version of Camouflage with infinite duration that he can't be hit out of or get out of himself. So basically if you wanna fight one of those ash corpses or a living bookshelf, let him do it.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Not to poo poo on anyones parade, but 1 frame of extra invincibility makes a huge difference

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
This argument is way worse than all the other dark souls thread arguments just fyi

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Its the B-Teams fault because

*makes terrible post about dumb poo poo*

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Assuming the original human form of Manus had children after acquiring the soul that gave him power but before becoming Manus you can just think of it as a hereditary curse. Or maybe he spread his lord soul to similar beings through some non-sexy fashion.

So basically the closer your genetics are to Manus, the more likely you are to become undead. Because its not like everyone is undead, otherwise who does the banishing????????? but I'd imagine by this point in the universe, literally evey person alive has a bit of ol manus in them, so they're all just ticking time bombs. Just like us and Ghengis Khan.

That's all just hearsay from my stupid rear end though. At least I didn't make a youtube video or a podcast about it!!!!!!!!!

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Well...now it is. Because its been forever since Manus did his initial thing. So whatever humans were before the dark got disseminated into them is pretty moot. The Age of Fire staves off the curse and its decline makes everyone wanna kill each other. The Lords come back in different fashions, the Age of Fire is reset blah blah blah whatever.

I don't think we're actually disagreeing

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
But then our disagreement stems from whatever the initial state of everyone is, and I don't think it was hollows at all. But it does explain why other beings (Gwyn) go hollow over time regardless. Personally I always thought his hollowfication was special, a side effect of burning out his power to keep the Dark at bay for as long as possible until Frampt could find a worthy successor. After all, its not like Gwyndolin experiences hollowfication and he's been around for a long time.

I do think Manus is important in some sense, because it doesn't seem like the non-humans have any attribute similar to Dark, which is the x factor important to Kaathe. Its the thing that makes them dangerous and what Gwyn feared.

ThePhenomenalBaby fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Sep 5, 2014

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I really honestly didn't remember that detail at all, but it all fits I suppose. Eh whatever we've spent too many words on this anyway.

Then it must really suck to be non-dragons

And also dragons

Don't be anything is the lesson.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Shrine of Amana is

Extremely Good

and

Very Beatable

All things I enjoy to a great degree

Yes.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Coaching is banned

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
The execution of the Iron Passage is very good

Your execution that is

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
It'll annoy you

To death

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
This is how I feel right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_DVS_303kQ

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
It works on a lot of levels

Well really only just two

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Frozen Outskirts is the best thing to happen to this game

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Horses are easy if you use either Santier's or twinblade or are willing to use weapons that can slam enemies down like great hammers

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
There are more Fragrant Branches in the game world period. Don't worry about it

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Wonder if there are any additional changes to enemy placement in NG+ as well considering that already added a few new encounters.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Earthen Keep is extremely real now drat

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Looks like the lion warriors almost lost a war with the basilisks

So before I get trolled out of my last Fragrant Branch because of all the new statues in Shaded Woods, what's the right order. I'm afraid they moved the free branch and the key to the painted world crow harpy.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Bleed was not especially good for PvP before and it is especially not good now imo

Poison has more utility in PVP overall

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Nuebot posted:

Maybe I'll switch weapons later then. It seems to be working good for now, but maybe I'm just getting matched against people who are worse than me. I'm actually winning for once! I should probably use the right trigger ice blast when they run though. That would stop them from moving.

I'll clarify a little. There are some good weapons with innate bleed. But bleed itself is not a good status effect in any sense. Nothing in PVE is weak or takes significant damage from it and everyone in PVP will die before it goes off. Poison is just straight up better in both situations.

This was mostly true in Dark Souls 1, but back in ye olden times bleed was better against certain monster (Smough and the fat demons) and you had the benefit of Lifehunt Scythe giving a huge bonus to bleed procs, bleed damage and being a good weapon balanced around the fact you needed a certain build to use it without blowing yourself up. And poison still had its uses there too.

So anyway From nerfed bleed for no reason and I miss Lifehunt Scythe

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

Man I dunno. I guess their target audience was purely people who have played before because I can't imagine playing through some of this poo poo my first time. Also they got rid of most of my Lion Bros and that sucks.

They lost the great war to the basilisks. You weren't there. It was pretty awesome.

They went down like punk bitches.

I feel sooooooo trolled by new aldia keep and dragon aerie its hilarious. Armorer Dennis 4 lyfe

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Assassin Maldron and Armorer Dennis are the main characters of this game imo

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

Just started Crown of the Sunken King, this area is rad as hell. I got a giant poison mace that also poisons me but BRING IT THE gently caress ON :black101:

Those same dudes drop gauntlets that raise your poison resistance by a shitton. They make a good pairing

Since you were asking in YOSPOS, you can get a fist weapon that makes your moveset like Heihachis from Tekken. Just throwing that out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Well he could just save Iron King for last if he wants to play with it more......