Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The only thing to absolutely avoid is a build based around miracles because they were completely gutted and never buffed back at all, so you have to know what you’re doing to make a faith-focused build as powerful as basically anything else. If you want to be a spellcaster then go for intelligence, or both intelligence + faith for hexes

There are pretty much no pitfalls for a build based around physical weapons as long as you level adaptability (everyone needs adaptability) so just do whatever if that’s what you choose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The only coop area worth doing is the memory one in iron king, since it has a unique boss. Skip all the others, they're garbage

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Ignore the ring. There’s more than enough respecs in the game that you can respec points out of weight if you decide you really want it once you get it anyway.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Flippity floo! I charge at you!

https://i.imgur.com/eQ2wyym.mp4

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Shields are good but around the DLCs a lot of things cost way too much stamina to block with less than a greatshield and some attacks just magically pretend you aren’t blocking and hit you even if you have a shield up with no indication that they’ll do this (hello shulva dragon boss). so you really want to be comfortable playing without one, because sometimes you’ll have to. Pay the agility tax up to 99 at least.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I find iframing through things considerably more reliable than trusting dark souls 2’s famously good hitboxes

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Follow you’re heart

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I completed a no death run of this game and have no idea what people are even talking about with this game’s controls

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

KingSlime posted:

If anything, ds3 is the one game that feels off/unbalanced because of how fast everything moves and how much your character just...sucks compared to the threats tossed your way mid/end game. Yes your guy is more agile in DS3 but enemies are 2x faster than you, making the game feel like poo poo towards the end. Yet no one complains about that??

lots of people do in fact myself included, but at this point you're more likely to hear discussion about the game from the people who like it and are still playing it than from people who don't and aren't

At this point I'd probably be done with 3 if not for the cinders mod, which while incredibly imbalanced and romhacky is very good at making the game feel fresh and removing some of the base game's frustrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

HairyManling posted:

I never got the hate for Iron Keep though. Don’t misunderstand, it’s not a great zone to play through, but compared to Blighttown or Farron Keep, I’ll take Iron Keep any day. Doors of Pharros and the rat covenant were the most fun I’ve ever had PvPing in these games.

Scholar made it a lot worse after they decided the best way to improve the area was to just slam ctrl-V a million times on the alonne knights

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I really like hbomberguy, mainly his non-game content like the climate denial and woke brands videos, but he sometimes has some extremely myopic takes that tend to overfocus on some specific quality he’s deemed the Most Important Thing and doesn’t look at things very holistically. it’s fine to focus on comparing something against a very specific thesis, but you can’t always use that one comparison to judge the quality of the whole thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

the only time I have ever heard voice chat used in the souls series was when I got summoned by a player named Casual Souls 2 for velstadt, he got killed by the boss and I heard “WHAT THE gently caress” and that was it