Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free
I'm all preloaded and ready to go for when I play this game.. Friday afternoon after work.

I only got about 10ish hours into the first game before getting distracted by real life stuff, and I'll probably go back to it at some point but it seems like I can play 2 without any prior knowledge. I've essentially seen the whole game and have a vague understanding of the plot, so that should be enough.

Don't really have any character plans, either. I think I'm just gonna pick stuff up and hit dudes with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

Prepare to look cute and feel cute!

Mondlicht fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 25, 2014

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I can't get my Logitech controller to work right with this game. All the buttons are mixed up. I tried using x360ce but no dice. Has anyone using a third party controller gotten it to work?

Does it have a mode button? I had to hit mine a few times for it to have movement on the left analog, for example.

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

I played up to and not past the Twin Gargoyles in the first game, so I don't have a lot of fun DaS-related memories, but I've already made such good ones in this game and I've barely started yet! Monster AI is incredibly silly, and hiding on a ladder to try and plan my attack on multiple enemies just leads to them seeing me and falling off the cliff to hang around below me. That works too, I guess.

I passed on attacking the white Solaire-looking fellow. I really wanted a bonfire before all my weapons broke, which I made it to.. after all my weapons broke.

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

Cactus posted:

Your post appears to be unfinished. Care to resume typing it and explain what is going on?

Getting summoned really quickly means that it's easy to miss out on summoning people because they get summoned really quickly!

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

I've worked every day since the PC launch, today is finally my day off where I can actually dig into the game.

So far my favorite thing has been to lay a mini-sign before an enemy that I wasn't sure I could reach to hit it fireball lizard. Got summoned as a phantom and instantly ran up and smacked at the thing until it killed me. Now I know!

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

Kinda disappointed by The mansion in Majula. I was expecting some spooky poo poo in there, I got pretty excited when I saw the basement and then kinda crestfallen when it was just some rando skeleton hanging out and guarding the chest.

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

I missed out on summoning Pate for the first boss because I barely played the first game and didn't remember that was a thing you can do. So I searched around before what I would find out to be the Dragonrider and found a Masterless Glen-somethingorother. Was he an NPC? He seemed pretty strong, and it seems like an NPC like name..

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

I'm a dirty casual and I'm not above summoning help for a boss I'm hitting my head against. I summoned a yellow (?) phantom named Refrigerator for The Pursuer. They were a big help!

O NO A BIRD PICKED ME UP, WAIT

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

Merciless Roenna scared the poo poo out of me, not gonna lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

Jose posted:

It sucks you have to summon some NPC's for boss fights to get their proper ending. I've spoken to Lucatiel in everywhere she's been so far but only summoned her for the Smelter Demon

I feel similarly, though I know I'm going to make a second character at some point so I'll at least be more aware of the necessity the second time around.

Also, new game problem. For some reason my camera floats upward by itself when I'm not moving (ie. using the analog sticks on my gamepad) until it sits directly above my head. It happens when I have no hands on any controls, or if I just stand there blocking and not moving the camera. It's.. really annoying.

edit: Unplugging my gamepad and plugging it back in fixed it. Now to get angry at other things in the game.

Mondlicht fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 15, 2014