Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Dark souls 2 was the first souls I played and I loved it to bits. Played the poo poo out of it. Replaying it more recently my biggest gripe is how ugly the game looks, lots of flat boring textures over walls and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

FireWorksWell posted:

I certainly don't think it looks more impressive than anything From's put out since but I like the aesthetics of DS2 the most. Everything after looks too clean and polished, and there's little things I preferred like the invader/summon text at the bottom of the screen instead of in the middle.

Yeah like... it's funny. Cause I loved it then, and didn't have any issues with how it looked. So I think it was made well, but just, ya know, ugly lol

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Gaius Marius posted:

The other two Dark Souls are far worse than two. Dks1 is a boring slog where you can skip a fourth of the game and three is a total mess of areas and story all slapped around haphazard.

:bighow:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

I legit think Bed of Chaos simply needs a bit more work to make an excellent puzzle boss. There’s some great narrative when you pop both bubbles and climb into her, and see what the witch of izalith has transformed into.

It helps that I got super lucky on my first play through and I wasn’t being constantly environment killed by the death pit. So, just make the pit non lethal, put a ladder out, reduce damage in swipes and firestorms.

Yeah I like the anti-climax part of it.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

The first real breakpoint is getting to 86 agility, which is a pain especially for Bandit starts. And Bandit is best starting class for pure melee, because they dump Attunement. That means the first 5 levels will go into ADP to get to that 86 agi breakpoint.

After that there is a smooth increase, and the first real softcap is at 99 agility. Getting to 105 is a pain and I don't even go for that even at meta pvp.

Does this chart not have all the rolls or is there really no FLOMP roll in dark souls 2, I forget.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Very nice looking! That's a lot of detail.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

axolotl farmer posted:

Everyone who hasn’t done a DS2 hexer run should totally do a hexer run for Return to Drangleic.

I did a hexer run and I think it was after they nerfed some dark orb ability, and it was still fun!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
DS2 definitely looks the shittiest. Its got so many ugly wall textures and big cube rooms. Dark souls 1 has that "old game" look, so the shittiness is actually good.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Man i put like almost 500 hours into vanilla ds2, I loved it. It was the only souls game where I just kept rerolling to try new things and learned where all the items were that I liked and poo poo. I went into ng+4 on my main character lol. God I hope they put the fume knight ultra greatsword into the elden ring dlc.

My guy would run around in the one green dress, I forget what it was from, maybe the fennito chicks? Then some greatshield and first the basic guts greatsword and later I upgraded to the love of my life the fume knight ultra greatsword.

I'm forever mad how hard they made it to get fkugs in ds3 lol, that stupid npc owned me all the time.

SHISHKABOB fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Feb 14, 2024

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah either him or Mr wheel and deal. Or even lucatiel I think.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
They were kinda op unfortunately...

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Paying2Lurk posted:

^^^Also that^^^

If / when you die 100 times and talk to Saulden he gives you the ring of Steel Protection. I thought he gave you an Attack+ ring too but I must have picked that up elsewhere. Anyway, it reduces physical damage which is nice early on.

Ring of blades drops from the pursuer.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Mustached Demon posted:

That's the "get agility to 99" thing right? Do I have that right? It's such a weird first read of stats.

Just look up the agility breakpoints for roll iframes and level your adaptability based on that. It's like 20 something ADP for a decent roll as i recall.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's important to level vigor and HP so you can survive longer falls.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Dark souls 2.... it had some good as hell NPCs!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Isn't he kinda snarky about it too? I forget.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
One of my best rated messages was some nice eulogy for him in DS3 by his corpse.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I think he would appreciate getting put out of his misery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
The world ended after ds3. That was the apocalypse.